PDA

View Full Version : Best Mini-Creature Feature

rhett
06-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Despite the popularity of big baddies such as King Kong and Godzilla, moviegoers' affinity for the little guy in horror has always remained strong. There have been pint sized killers everywhere from slugs to leprechauns, but the focus on this poll, in honor of the upcoming TRILOGY OF TERROR, will be on the little killer munchkins. Which of the three listed scares you most?

Erick H.
06-30-2006, 08:08 AM
TRILOGY's deadly doll tops the list for me,quite a viscious little beast,especially for a telefilm !

Katatonia
06-30-2006, 08:14 AM
All three are great, but Cat's Eye was a favorite of mine ever since I saw it in the theater as a kid.

Cujo108
06-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, which desperately needs a DVD release.

dwatts
06-30-2006, 12:12 PM
You can't beat the little dude in Trilogy.

KillerCannabis
06-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Went with Cat's Eye, but I don't recall Trilogy too well so my vote may change once I get the DVD.

Noto
06-30-2006, 11:58 PM
No Child's Play? No Black Devil Doll From Hell? No Puppet Master? No Demonic Toys? No Cop and a Half? What's wrong with you rhett?

Shokk
07-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark is an excellent TV movie...very creepy and effective.It gets my vote.The Zuni would be a close second..

Cujo108
07-01-2006, 12:31 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097429/

rhett
07-01-2006, 06:27 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097429/
Haha. I didn't put that on the list because I'd vote for it and sully my reputation. That movie rules.

rhett
07-01-2006, 06:27 PM
No Cop and a Half?
Racist.

Noto
07-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Racist.

Communist.

R. I. P.
07-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, which desperately needs a DVD release.

Yep, and obviously not many here have seen this gem judging by the votes. Of course, it hasn't exactly been widely available on video over the years and television or pay cable NEVER feature it for some reason. :rolleyes:

MrVess
07-03-2006, 06:26 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/904/lep1yd.jpg

MrKateB
07-06-2006, 01:01 AM
for me, DEFINITELY Don't Be Afraid of the Dark...

While Trilogy of Terror is quite good, and runs close second, the "mini" aspect really only encompasses 1/3 of the film, and the other two segments are not quite as engaging, imo.

DOn't Be Afraid of the Dark, on the other hand, is consistently creepy, and although I was only 4 when this movie premiered, I actually have brief memory "flashes" from seeing bits and pieces when my mom was watching it, and had recurring nightmares about it, even though I didn't know what the movie even was until much later in life. Still creeps me out.

Totally needs a proper DVD release. Even though I scored a rather nice DVD-R off of E-bay already, I'd buy it again if it went legit.

DAMMIT, somebody release these 70's telefilms already!!!!

KGBRadioMoskow
07-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Yep, and obviously not many here have seen this gem judging by the votes.

And perhaps a few have seen it, but don't remember it, having been so long. Didn't remember it myself until I ran into a description a few months back, and the creepy memories all flooded back.

Here's a little memory jog link - the plot summary and the critter photos will register on anyone who's seen this lost film. If not, just leave all the subterranean level doors in your house unbolted, and you just might wake up to a first hand reminder.

http://www.terrortrap.com/television/dontbeafraidofthedark/

KGBRadioMoskow
07-06-2006, 02:29 AM
DAMMIT, somebody release these 70's telefilms already!!!!

Once in a great great while they sneak onto DVD. Gargoyles is the last good one that comes to my memory. Several other quality films sit unreleased, waiting, on a wishlist so old I typed the list up fearing I'd forget if I didn't (that I can't think of most of the titles now is proof I was right).

And as bad as they were, two mangy dogs firmly squat on my 70's want list - "The Bermuda Depths" and "The World Beyond". Sometimes creepy movie nostalgia trumps bad movie recognition. I know I'd welcome seeing Carl Weathers dragged under by a giant turtle again, or the severed golem hand lying in ambush on the basement stairwell.

Then there are made for TV films from the *90's* I'm itching for, let alone just the 70's. Cast a Deadly Spell, for example. An intentional spoof on Lovecraft that succeeded so brilliantly that it honored its source material far more than most serious "Lovecraft inspired" movies did.