PDA

View Full Version : Phenomena 2? You've got to be kidding!!!

_pi_
10-17-2001, 11:16 PM
I was just reading the news section at Dark Horizons, and Garth reported this:

"Phenomena 2: Since the cancellation of "Occhiali Neri", Dario Argento has apparently begun work on a new screenplay for a sequel to his 1985 film "Phenomena". Shooting is expected to begin around Easter next year."

Personally, I don't think this is a very good idea...

K'
10-17-2001, 11:28 PM
Wooohooooo.......
Think about the Story. The first one had a killing ape, psi powers, a deformed killer child, a totally mad and killing woman, insect attacks and a mix of metal and goblin music.

The second part needs the addition of a speaking fox, a boy that can control mice, a deformed old woman who can speak to the dead, Zombies and a mad gay hair stylist. The soundtrack should be a mixture of goblin Music with Hip Hop and New Metal Music like Limp Bizkit. ;)

Iīm really looking forward to see what exactly Argento will do....
Maybe it turns out good, maybe not only time will tell.

AlkanFan
10-17-2001, 11:55 PM
Why is Phenomena such a hated movie? I thought it was one of Argento's best.

On another note, I'm happy that Argento is making sequels. Maybe he'll finally complete the three mothers trilogy.

K'
10-18-2001, 12:15 AM
I donīt hate Phenomena. I really like it, but I donīt think that it needs a sequel and I blieve it will be very difficult for Argento to actually make a good sequel.

But as I said time will tell maybe Phenomena 2 will be great movie (I hope so atleast).

HitlerWasVegan
10-18-2001, 03:05 AM
Dear God.I pray you are joking about Limp Bizkit.I would have to smack Mr.Argento's face if he put them in the soundtrack.Perhaps the new Slayer would work.

keith70
10-18-2001, 03:17 AM
No Limp Biskit please. I beg you! I don't need to hear Fred Dursts whiney voice during a tense scene. And I would be pissed if someone is being chased by Dario's black gloves and I start to hear "Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin. Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin." Ughhhh. I think I'm going to go puke now.

K'
10-18-2001, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by HitlerWasVegan
Dear God.I pray you are joking about Limp Bizkit.I would have to smack Mr.Argento's face if he put them in the soundtrack.Perhaps the new Slayer would work.

What do you think the ";)" after my Limp Bizkit sentence means?

keith70
10-18-2001, 07:44 PM
Sorry K'. I didn't see your wink. If Hollywood had their way with a new Argento flick, they would probably add Limp Biskit, Aron Carter and a couple of other bands that would not fit into the mix.
The sad thing is, Argento's movies would probably do better if he had top 40 bands on his soundtracks.

The mainstreem public are idots. They buy whatever's thrown into their faces. Most of the bands in the top 40 don't even know how to play an instrument, yet they call themselves a band. And people will blow money renting from a crappy chain like Blockbuster even though there may be a video store up the street that has a wider selection and lower prices. Mainstream Americans are the zombies you see walking through the malls in Dawn of the Dead.

napalm68
10-20-2001, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by keith70
No Limp Biskit please. I beg you! I don't need to hear Fred Dursts whiney voice during a tense scene. And I would be pissed if someone is being chased by Dario's black gloves and I start to hear "Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin. Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin." Ughhhh. I think I'm going to go puke now.

HAH, HAH, HAH, Laugh my ass off!!! That is the funniest image I have had conjured up in a long time. The thought of an Argento black glove chase scene with the Rollin Rollin Rollin song has done me damage... :) Not that I hate Limp Bizkit. I like a lot of there stuff, and their sense of humor...

skinnypuppy6
10-20-2001, 01:59 AM
hmmmm sounds pretty good but I have my doubts about it being a sequel

MovieFan
10-20-2001, 06:11 AM
*scratches his head big time*

First, Phenomena 2 was about to enter pre-production, but due to Argento's contract and his deal to develop two other thrillers in a new trilogy (which includes Sleepless), he went forward with Occhiali Neri.

Now since Occhiali Neri has been cancelled, he's going back on with Phenomena 2?

Till Dark Dreams confirms it, I won't believe it.