PDA

View Full Version : DVD Limited Edition Ideas!

thrashard76
10-18-2001, 12:59 PM
Here are some ideas for possible Limited Edition DVD's. I have Anchor Bay in mind for these tasks...here we go.

1. The Limited Edition Lucio Fulci Collector's Tin Volume 1:
City Of The Living Dead / Zombie - w/ "Zombie: The Graphic Novel" (3 Disk LE - 40,000)

Disk 1: City Of The Living Dead

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, trailers, movie / poster stills, booklet full of details on the movie and those involved, tv spots, bios.

Disk 2: Zombie

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, trailers, movie / poster stills, booklet full of details on the movie and those involved, tv spots, bios.

Disk 3: Remastered Soundtrack (featuring: City Of The Living Dead and Zombie)

(+) Bonus: "Zombie: The Graphic Novel" by Romano - Broom - Rook - Coffey

2. The Limited Edition Lucio Fulci Collector's Tin Volume 2:
House By The Cemetary / Manhattan Baby - w/ (3) folded full sized color movie posters of City Of The Living Dead, Zombie and The Beyond (3 Disk LE - 40,000)

Disk 1: House By The Cemetary

Disk 2: Manhattan Baby

Disk 3: Remastered Soundtrack (featuring: House By The Cementary and Manhattan Baby)

(+) Bonus: (3) Folded Full Sized Color Movie Posters (featuring: City of The Living Dead, Zombie and The Beyond)

3. The Limited Edition Lucio Fulci Collector's Tin Volume 3:
New York City Ripper / Don't Torture A Duckling - w/ folded full sized color portrait of Lucio Fulci and "The Beyond: The Graphic Novel" (3 Disk LE - 40,000)

Disk 1: New York City Ripper

Disk 2: Don't Torture A Duckling

Disk 3: Remastered Soundtrack (featuring: The Beyond)

(+) Bonus: Folded Full Sized Color Portrait Of Lucio Fulci

(+) Bonus: "The Beyond: The Graphic Novel" by Romano - Henson

4. The Limited Edition John Carpenter Halloween Collector's Tin:
Halloween (Extended Version) / Halloween II - w/ folded full sized poster of Halloween (4 Disk LE - 60,000)

Disk 1: Halloween (EV) (full version with intro / outro credits)

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, movie / poster stills, trailers, tv spots, bios.

Disk 2: Halloween II (full version with intro / outro credits)

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, movie / poster stills, trailers, tv spots, bios.

Both movies uncut / unrated.
Disk 3: Halloween (Extended Version) and Halloween II.

Halloween (EV) starts {NO intro or star credits, but at opening scene of the movie} and runs through {without closing credits} and goes directly to the first scene {NO intro or star credits} of Halloween II and runs through to the final seen {no closing credits} with a small ending chapter that the new Halloween movie will be here soon on DVD with a release date and a couple new movie snippet appetizers.) Result: One long original movie of two genre defining moments in history.

Disk 4: Extras / Soundtrack

Remastered soundtrack (featuring: Halloween and Halloween II)

Halloween and Halloween II Behind the scenes, 6.1 sound, booklet full of details on the movies and those involved.

(+) Bonus: Folded Full Sized Color Movie Poster (featuring Halloween)

5. The Limited Edition George Romero Night Of The Living Dead Trilogy +1:
Night Of The Living Dead / Dawn Of The Living dead / Day Of The Living Dead - w/ (3) folded full sized movie posters of Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Living dead, Day Of The Living Dead and Night Of The Living Dead (1990 remake by Tom Savini) (6 Disk LE - 100,000??? - or more?!)

Disk 1: Night Of The Living Dead

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, trailers, movie / poster stills, booklet full of details on the movie and those involved, tv spots, bios, featurette, new scenes as an extra (to be able to watch the movie with or without the extra scenes, new music to be able to here it or the original music during playback), behind the scenes.

Disk 2: Dawn Of The Living Dead

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, trailers, movie / poster stills, booklet full of details on the movie and those involved, tv spots, bios, behind the scenes, featurette, alternate scenes.

Disk 3: Day Of The Living Dead

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, trailers, movie / poster stills, booklet full of details on the movie and those involved, tv spots, bios, behind the scenes, featurette, (any) alternate scenes.

Disk 4: Night Of The Living Dead (1990)

Uncut / unrated, 6.1 sound, audio commentary from stars, trailers, movie / poster stills, booklet full of details on the movie and those involved, tv spots, bios, behind the scenes, featurette, (any) alternate scenes.

Disk 5: Remastered Soundtrack (featuring: Night Of The Living Dead and Dawn Of The Living Dead)

Disk 6: Remastered Soundtrack (featuring: Day Of The Living Dead and Night Of The Living Dead (1990))

(+) Bonus: (3) Folded Full Sized Color Movie Posters (featuring: Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Living Dead and Day Of The Living Dead)

If a standard version was also created:

1. Lucio Fulci Volumes 1, 2 and 3 would loose the tin (instead a plastic dual sided case), the soundtrack disks, the novels and ONLY have the City Of The Living Dead poster for Volume 1, Zombie poster for Volume 2 and The Beyond poster for Volume 3. All other extras stay the same as the LE versions.

2. John Carpenter Halloween Set would loose the tin (instead a plastic dual sided case), Disk 3: Halloween (EV) / Halloween II (2 movies on 1) and the soundtrack disk. The Halloween poster and the rest of the LE version extras stay the same. A SEMI-EXCLUSIVE Halloween II folded full sized color movie poster will be included in the standard release. Only the first (5,000 - LE versions!!!) will include the Halloween II poster.

3. George Romero Night Of The Living Dead Trilogy +1 would loose both soundtracks, and the Dawn Of The Living Dead and Day of The Living Dead posters. The Night Of The Living dead poster will remain with a SEMI-EXCLUSIVE Night Of The Living Dead (1990) folded full sized color movie poster!!! This poster will be included also in only the first (10,000 - LE versions)!!! The tin is the standard for both the standard and LE versions.

I think these would make outstanding and definitive versions of each movie. I would buy all these listed above if they ever came to be. To release something this absolute would be amazing! What do ya'll think???

:rolleyes:

skinnypuppy6
10-19-2001, 02:55 AM
sounds pretty good maybe you should work for anchor bay!

Jason25
10-19-2001, 04:15 AM
Damn, impressive, a bit strange you have this planned out so detailed, haha.

thrashard76
10-19-2001, 07:19 AM
Most of the DVDs I own are from AB. I check their web site often to see if anything has been updated. I like their professionalism and the quality they but in there releases. I love the Limited Editions most because they have so much stuff included on there with rare and hard to find stuff. I brainstorm a lot and this is what I have come up with so far. It is definitely one of the most impressive ideas I have ever come up with. I have emailed this rant to AB's suggestions link. Hopefully in time I will get a response from them.

I appreciate you all admiring my ideas. I know I didn't do all this in "vein"!

If anyone knows of a AB representative here who chats and posts messages on the board, please pass along this idea to that person. I would appreciate it.

napalm68
10-21-2001, 12:14 AM
Yeah, what a great idea, Anchor Bay rerelease yet again the same films, in "Limited" quantities, and we have the same old story yet again. Fuck limited editions. How about releasing them unlimited? Or hey, even better, release something NEW...

ctyankee
10-22-2001, 11:29 PM
Each is going to have his/her own ideas on what adds value to a DVD release.

I want a well done anamorphic transfer and 5.1 DTS sound. A director's commentory is of value only when the film is very interesting or historic e.g. Coppola's commentary on the Godfather (for example). A score/soundtrack can also be of value if the music is special.

Packaging, cards, posters, and other "trinkets and trash" (as they are known in Marketing) mean nothing to me.

Further thought, Marketing is the art of getting you to buy something you don't really need as many times as possible. I think patience is definitely a virtue when purchasing a movie. First there was VHS then Laserdisc, then barebone DVDs - now "limited editions", "special editions" "ultimate editions", "Director's cuts" etc. What's next? If you don't say stop, they won't! If you think that there is a movie that won't be re-released again down the road ... you're wrong ...

Rich