PDA

View Full Version : Best Bathtub Sequence

Hellbilly
10-22-2001, 09:37 PM
http://www.1a-gifs.de/gifs/haushalt/bathtub-motion1-black.gif
ok, here is another one...bathtubs. who could ever forget the shocking ending in Fatal Attraction? or the thrilling suspense when Michelle Pfeiffer is fighting to survive while the water is way up her neck in What Lies Beneath? or how about the tub-castration-scene (ouch!) from the infamous I Spit On Your Grave? alrighty then, enuff said...lets vote!

Peter Vincent
10-22-2001, 10:58 PM
Hey man, that tub scene in Final Destination actually made me cringe!!! That choking scene had me holding my neck as if I were being choked! Because of that effect, I voted for it!

Hellbilly does it again with another "phat" poll!

jas1081
10-23-2001, 12:32 AM
I had to go with the one from What Lies Beneath, that was one of the most suspenseful scenes I have ever seen.

Cujo108
10-23-2001, 01:32 AM
I voted for the I Spit on Your Grave tub scene. That scene made me cringe badly. I mean that just had to hurt incredibly bad!!!

Mark Relford
10-23-2001, 07:12 AM
I voted for The Shining's tub scene. That cackling old hag freaked me out when I was little. The Sharon Tate tub scene from Vampire Killers would be my second choice.

skinnypuppy6
10-23-2001, 07:19 AM
http://www.cronenberg.freeserve.co.uk/images/shiv-1.jpg ....barbra steele slug rape pretty damn good bathtub scene

slinker
10-23-2001, 09:38 AM
I had to go for Nancys bad experience with Freddy in the Bathtub, this really took my by surprise when i first saw it and thought it was a genious idea...just the fact that Freddy comes to life as soon as she falls asleep and then invades her real world in macarbe and surreal manifestations...classic! i also love the way the claws dissapear under the water when she stirrs in her sleep, like hes being pulled away because he breaks the rules!!
;)

gusse
10-23-2001, 11:48 AM
I lay my vote on the bathtub scene in Jacob's Ladder! Probably my favorite scene in any movie ever!!! It's such an extrordinary picture when the camera zoomes out of Robbin's eye at the end of that sequence - the most emotional scene I have ever seen! I admit to havin cried to that particular scene about 50 times! :rolleyes: ...As Adrian Lynne say in the commentary - this is probably where most people start to eiterh LOVE or HATE this movie.. Either you can grasph whats going on and get compleatly hooked or you feel it's the final straw that makes you turn of the movie and never look back.

Extrordinary, Moving, poetic, sad as hell, and very very cold (phun intended ;D). Cinema at it's very best!!!!!

rhett
10-24-2001, 02:34 AM
While not altogether that scarey, the Creepshow bathtub scene always cracks me up. As far as chills go though, things don't get uglier than Jack Nicholson necking with a repulsive 90 year old lady! :)

swr2777
10-24-2001, 04:20 AM
Hellbilly Deluxe comes through with yet ANOTHER MackDaddy poll. Great choices here and comments from one and all.

I personally went with Maren Jensen's bathtub "surprise" in DEADLY BLESSING. A Battlestar Galactica hottie trapped in a steamy bath with a venomous water moccasin AND riveting James Horner score to boot? What more could you ask for? Great Craven prelude to the similar, classic scene in ELM ST. 1, too.

Hellbilly
10-24-2001, 05:29 AM
thanks swr :) . yeah, that snake tub scene was cool. the only thing that spoiled the fun was Maren Jensens black swimsuit showing during that scene...

swr2777
10-24-2001, 12:31 PM
Yikes! That's right! I forgot about that, but you're right...a bit of a "spoiler" to say the least.

I've heard over the years that the film was intetionally shot in full-frame and underwent the hard-matting process later, resulting in the black bikini not being visible in theatrical or letterbox prints, but I don't know though. Sounds a little far-fetched to think it would have been TOTALLY masked over in theatres. That bikini wasn't all that close to the edge of the frame in the full-frame video/cable versions...and I was lookin', too. :D

In addition, judging from the non-letterbox cable/video versions, there is definite reason to think that it was actually shot in anamorphic 1.85:1 widescreen (such as the opening credits that don't fit entirely into the frame), so I don't know that I'm buying the "bikini was masked over in theatres" theory.

GREAT flick and GREAT scene, but nevertheless...the cameo by Maren Jensen's (or body double's) swimwear WAS more than a little distracting there.

http://www.uncut.dk/UNCUT/billeder/krybenderaedsel.jpg

Doombear
10-25-2001, 01:57 AM
I liked the cool acid-bath meltdown in "Slaughter High" - probably the only good scene in that silly movie.

cjg
10-25-2001, 02:23 AM
I spit on your grave OUCH....

DVD Connoisseur
10-26-2001, 01:55 AM
......Blood Feast? (Mark?):D

Mark Relford
10-28-2001, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by DVD Connoisseur
......Blood Feast? (Mark?):D

Damn!:) That one slipped my mind.
I wanna change my vote!:D

Hellbilly
10-28-2001, 11:39 AM
i just remembered another great bathtub sequence: the wild "cannibal" pig tub scene in Evilspeak! that was a good one!

swr2777
10-29-2001, 06:04 AM
:eek: Ah, that's another great one that slipped my mind, too. Dig the EVILSPEAK pig takin' out the snotty hottie teacher in the bathtub. Nicely complimented the scene of RG Armstrong getting his head twisted around after calling Clint Howard a c*cksucker!

Thanks for the reminder, Hellbilly! ;)