PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite holiday?

rhett
10-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Christ's birthday falls on December 25th, but Jason's falls on Friday the 13th. Each one is cause for celebration, in addition to all the other special holidays that the slasher film can lay claim to (Halloween, My Bloody Valentine, April Fool's Day, New Year's Evil, etc.). Which is your favorite?

speanroc
10-13-2006, 04:14 PM
halloween, aways has always will

spawningblue
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I love Halloween a lot! But I am still going to give it to Christmas. Not so much for Christ, but more for Santa and all the presnets! haha. Also, it just looks so nice in the winter with all the snow and X-Mas lights.

Bobbywoodhogan
10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Halloween, theres a great atmosphere on this night evety year I love it.

satans-sadists
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Best holiday: Halloween! I love all of the festivities & events that accompany it. Last year I got married and had a Halloween wedding. It's always been special!

Most overrated holiday: Thanksgiving.

onebyone
10-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Halloween, because I try to celebrate it all month. I always liked it best, from the crisp fall air to the Halloween decorations being in all the stores. It's like the one time of the year everything is just like I wish it always was.

Last year I got married and had a Halloween wedding. It's always been special!

That's awesome.

rhett
10-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Best holiday: Halloween! I love all of the festivities & events that accompany it. Last year I got married and had a Halloween wedding. It's always been special!
Tell me you had a pumpkin carving instead of the ceremonial cutting of the cake. :glasses:

RyanPC
10-13-2006, 05:32 PM
For me, every day is Halloween, so I went with Christmas. :D

Franco
10-13-2006, 05:48 PM
I choose Halloween 'cuz it's almost my birthday which ocurrs in Nov. 1st, All Saints Day and it's a holiday here, so no work at all. :banana:

In Oct. 31, Peru celebrates El Día de la Canción Criolla (Day of Creole Music) along with Halloween.

satans-sadists
10-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Tell me you had a pumpkin carving instead of the ceremonial cutting of the cake. :glasses:

We should have done that! Actually my wife wanted a Nightmare Before Christmas cake so we went with that. It was the least I could do, since she agreed to my over the top wedding reception entrance concept which included a fog machine, simulated ghosts, and blasting theme music from Jess Franco's Vampyros Lesbos!

satans-sadists
10-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Halloween, because I try to celebrate it all month. I always liked it best, from the crisp fall air to the Halloween decorations being in all the stores. It's like the one time of the year everything is just like I wish it always was.

That's awesome.

Everyone had lots of fun at our wedding. Even the people who have gone to traditional weddings loved the trick or treat bags at every table. Not only stuffed with candy, but all of the other essentials: plastic vampire fangs, fake spiders, snakes, etc.

Workshed
10-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Everyone had lots of fun at our wedding. Even the people who have gone to traditional weddings loved the trick or treat bags at every table. Not only stuffed with candy, but all of the other essentials: plastic vampire fangs, fake spiders, snakes, etc.

wow. that sounds pretty cool!

I love Halloween. I haven't dressed up the past two years, but I enjoy all the Horror-related fun and the temperature in the autumn and the changing of colors in the trees.

satans-sadists
10-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Another thing to love about Halloween is that people like us on this website tend to celebrate it all year round, but there's something extra cool in seeing the rest of the world (ie: the mainstream) embrace horror & all things spooky along with us!

Luna
10-13-2006, 08:16 PM
You know, I am not a fan of weddings but if I were forced to have one at gunpoint, that's exactly the kind I'd have. :lol:

satans-sadists
10-13-2006, 08:49 PM
You know, I am not a fan of weddings but if I were forced to have one at gunpoint, that's exactly the kind I'd have. :lol:

I just hope I get to attend another Halloween wedding at some point in the future. I've attended more than my fair share of bloated epic scale pretentious weddings that drone on endlessly.

Luna
10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Oh yes, always very boring, at least to me anyway. :sleepy:

KR~!
10-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Friday the 13th

Hey, that's not a real holiday ;) :p

Halloween

The best by default, but everyday is halloween for us, so you know, it's not that big of the deal, LOL.

April Fool's Day

It's annoying, it's only funny once, and it's getting old super fast.

Valentine's Day

lame, where my gift? All I get are cards from hot girls,.oh ok maybe it's not all bad ;) then again ALL I get is cards... so yes it's lame :cry:

New Year's Eve

lamer, I have never ever said hurray for another year. Woohoo I am closer to death! That's sounds weird. How am I suppose to buy horror DVDs if I am dead? I don't want to die.

Christmas

I don't belive in ghosts ;)

Thanksgiving

YES, DEATH to the savage natives! I get to eat food with people I can't stand to be around, and pretend that like it, and turkey is overrated. I mean, there is a reason people only eat that crap once a year :nervous:

Peter Vincent
10-13-2006, 09:58 PM
As a Latin person, Thanksgiving is a time to spend with family, pray before the turkey...then PARTY and DRINK ALL FRIGGIN' NIGHT LONG 'TIL THE BREAK OF DAWN! That's why we always ask for Black Friday off!!!

Christmas & Halloween are tied for 2nd :D

Mok
10-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh yes, always very boring, at least to me anyway. :sleepy:

Meawhile you probably ball your eyes out at the ceremony and tackle people trying to catch the bouquet. Nice try tough guy. :p :lol:

evildeadfan123
10-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Halloween, then Christmas.

maskull
10-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I still like Christmas best. I love Halloween and the annual watch-as-many-horror-flicks-in-one-month-as-possible thing, plus all the cool DVD releases we get, but I actually like my family (cousins, aunts, uncles, parents,....I don't like my sister but that's ok) and at Christmas we always go away for the weekend at a resort and have a great time. Plus there's the presents (giving and receiving), and the malls are fun to watch people go insane. Christmas rules!! Despite that whole Jesus thing....

Luna
10-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Meawhile you probably ball your eyes out at the ceremony and tackle people trying to catch the bouquet. Nice try tough guy. :p :lol:You are funny when you want to be, you know? Man, if you only knew how wrong you are. That gave me an actual LOUD laugh. Perhaps you've met the alternate universe me? :lol:

shithead
10-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Halloween of course, i shit orange and black.

Gore Lunatic
10-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Halloween for me as well. However, I do enjoy all holidays. Except Easter. Easter sucks.

Luna
10-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Wait, who hates Easter? Dude, fuzzy bunny rabbits who cluck, chocolate galore and Easter Bread...

:confused:

indiephantom
10-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Wait, who hates Easter? Dude, fuzzy bunny rabbits who cluck, chocolate galore and Easter Bread...

:confused:

Easter bread? Sounds yummy, but I'm not familiar with it.

Oh, and Halloween is my choice, followed by Xmas.

KR~!
10-14-2006, 05:35 PM
what the fuck is Easter Bread?!?

Luna
10-14-2006, 05:40 PM
http://www.sfakia-crete.com/sfakia-crete/tsoureki.jpg

Recipe and info: http://www.sfakia-crete.com/sfakia-crete/greekeaster.html
Easter Bread on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bread

We used to get Easter Bread from the bakery every year back in New York. When I asked at the supermarket here in Texas, I found out that NOBODY has a damn clue what Easter Bread is here, which shocked me. Not a single loaf to be found. :(

Of course, Houston supermarkets also had no clue what matzo is, even if they sell it in their tiny Jewish sections...

CasEjonz
10-14-2006, 06:52 PM
My favorite is Halloween. I love the fact that it has evolved from a one night event to a full blown season. My studio looks like Halloween 24/7 but I do enjoy Christmas as well.

Satan's Sadist said Thanksgiving is over rated, but I think it is often times forgotten because it is stuck between the two largest commercial holidays we have, Christmas and Halloween. I like T-Giving because it is low key and not as commercial so it still has truer meaning.

Over rated holiday: Valentine's Day.....No reason that one would have to wait for one specific day to tell someone they love them.

thrashard76
10-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Halloween

Fumi
10-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Christmas for me. Sitting in the living room, a big tree with presents under it, a blizzard outside, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on the TV - I'm in freakin' heaven. Halloween is second. Great excuse to watch horror movies for a couple of weeks straight. No, wait, I watch horror movies 52 weeks a year. Oh well. Good excuse to buy more of them.

rijir
10-30-2006, 04:24 PM

Most overrated holiday: Thanksgiving.

We need a good Thanksgiving slasher flick. Most of the others have been done already. Even Hallmark holidays like Mothers Day have theirs.

MarkWarner
10-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Halloween is my favorite.

fceurich39
10-30-2006, 06:05 PM
x-mas only because all the gifts and packages
halloween 2nd favorite cause i am a horror freak

Luna
10-30-2006, 09:47 PM
We need a good Thanksgiving slasher flick. Most of the others have been done already. Even Hallmark holidays like Mothers Day have theirs.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082522/ :D

Shannafey
10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
I like Thanksgiving, because we always spend it with family and we are always eating well!! Plus I have the whole weekend off every year, so it is a relaxing time!

We need a good Thanksgiving slasher flick. Most of the others have been done already. Even Hallmark holidays like Mothers Day have theirs.

Yeah, with either a killer pilgrim or killer turkey!!

Marclar
01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Fellas.....but Halloween is not a holiday really....it is not abserved as one. Just a tradition and is also my favorite day of the year.

But as far as Holidays go I will have to pick Christmas. It is normally quiet at work and a good time for a lenghty vacation.