PDA

View Full Version : Masters or Crypt keepers?

rhett
11-08-2006, 08:18 AM
TALES FROM THE CRYPT has always been the reigning variety program in terms of horror television, but at present MASTERS OF HORROR is all the rage. Do you like vintage or youngblood?

DefJeff
11-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Tales From The Crypt by a long shot. MOH hasn't lived up to any of it's potential in my opinion.

Bobbywoodhogan
11-08-2006, 08:40 AM
TFTC by a mile. MOH isn't that good.

onebyone
11-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Tales From the Crypt was good, even when it was bad. Masters of Horror has its moments, but for the most part :sleepy:

KamuiX
11-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Tales, is for me, my favorite anthology series after Twilight Zone. Masters has had its moments, but is mostly just a fun little diversion every week without much substance. At least it's bringing horror series back to pay TV though.

Noto
11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
TALES FROM THE CRYPT has always been the reigning variety program in terms of horror television, but at present MASTERS OF HORROR is all the rage. Do you like vintage or youngblood?

http://www.impawards.com/1986/posters/youngblood.jpg

Youngblood was awesome.

soxfan666
11-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Tales is far more fun to watch.

maybrick
11-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Not really a fair fight. Tales From The Crypt isn't on the air anymore and most shows become more popular in hindsight as the nostalgia factor kicks in.

fceurich39
11-08-2006, 04:31 PM
tales from the crypt easily but i wonder when season 6 and 7 are gonna coming to dvd?

shithead
11-09-2006, 05:47 AM
tftc

Mortis
11-09-2006, 09:06 AM
No contest.. Tales from the Crypt.

allmessedup
11-09-2006, 10:03 AM
MOH has fallen pretty flat with me so far.

maskull
11-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Youngblood was awesome.

Yes it was. The fight at the end was excellent!! And Cynthia Gibb...hubba hubba!

I vote for MOH. Of course I didn't get to see TFTC much when it was on but every time I watched one I usually turned it off before the end. The Cryptkeeper annoys me.

Besides, I've enjoyed most of the MOH eps so far to some extent.

Guess I'm the only one brave enough to admit out in the open that I voted for MOH. :(

Paff
11-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Guess I'm the only one brave enough to admit out in the open that I voted for MOH. :(

I'll join ya, man

I like MOH, at least what I've seen so far. I recently saw Jenifer, and it's the least of the episodes I've seen. It's not a subject matter Argento has really done before (except maybe the mutant child from Phenomena), and he seemed pretty uncomfortable with what to do with it.

Still, the overall tone seems much darker than the tongue-in-cheek Tales from the Crypt.

indiephantom
11-12-2006, 06:36 AM
I really like them both, but I will agree that TFTC pretty much owns MOH so far. So many of those stories were just great, and I don't grow tired of them.

I actually think the hour-long format has killed quite a few MOH episodes that just can't sustain the running time. I swear that about half of them would be better served in thirty minutes and some that seem pretty mediocre, might have been brilliant with a serious trimming.

prime examples: Dance of the Dead, The V Word.

maybrick
11-12-2006, 06:48 AM
I voted MOH, mainly because the Crypt Keeper is really, really lame, and I'm slightly too old for the series to have much nostalgia for me (like Tales From the Darkside and Darkroom do). Good stories though, which is to be expected considering they're all adapted from old EC comics.

krugerkid13
11-12-2006, 07:46 AM
I love both but TFTC is more entertaining but then again we dont have as many MOH episodes yet so who knows. However season 1 of Tales is very solid where as MOH which has so much talent not all the episodes are well good (chocolate and deer woman come to mind).

Dusk
11-16-2006, 01:25 PM
This poll has an awfully extensive list of choices.