PDA

View Full Version : The Misfits

Mark Relford
01-18-2001, 06:07 AM
One of my favorite punk bands of all time. Man, these guys were great! Too bad, they're a f**king parody now! Their songs were fast and infectious. Best of all, these guys were hardcore horror fans. Any old school Misfits fans out there?

Favorite songs: Night of the Living Dead, Astro Zombies, Skulls, Bullet, I Turned Into a Martian, London Dungeon, Die, Die My Darling, Where Eagles Dare, She, etc.

Favorite Albums: Walk Among Us, Earth A.D., and Static Age.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

Chunkblower5000
01-18-2001, 06:48 AM
Hell yeah!! I love the Misfits. I do enjoy the current Misfits, though, but nothing tops the old stuff.

Favorite songs would be: Astro Zombies, Last Caress, She, Halloween, etc.

JudasNitelite
01-18-2001, 08:37 AM
I was obsessed with them when I was younger, & yeah, I agree that 'The Misfits Revisited' is a f'n joke. It was Glenn Danzig's vision and the other guys just tried to copy his formula of songwriting to cash in on the band name.

I also agree with the choice of songs, but would also add Horror Business, Ghoul's Night Out, Bloodfeast, Hollywood Babylon.. hell, damn near all of them, really.

acappa
01-18-2001, 09:02 PM
Ahh, The Misfits... Glenn Danzig was a geniuous, and there will never be a band quite like them again...

I bought the Misfits box-set last year, and it is without a doubt one of my favorite pieces of music, even as I have begun exploring some new types of music, I can always put in a Misfits CD and get lost in the music. This box-set contains every officail Danzig-era Misfits release, except for 'Walk Among Us', which is a shame, because I think it is one of their best. The 3rd-disc also contains a ton of studio outtakes and demo versions of some of the band's song. I recommend anyone that is a Misfits fan or just a fan of good, fast, kickass music pick up this box-set if you ever get the chance, it's excellent.

Fangs for the memories...

"The corpses all hang headless and limp
Bodies with no surprises
And the blood drains down like devils-rain
We'll bathe tonight"

------------------
Anthony Cappa (ICQ - 7995907)
acappa@operamail.com

[This message has been edited by acappa (edited 01-18-2001).]

Funktion
01-18-2001, 11:37 PM
About the Misfits, does anyone know where can I donwload the video for the track "Scream", which was directed by George Romero?

Also, since I don't know a lot about the band (they aren't very famous here in Europe...), which releases would you recommend for a "starter"?

Mark Relford
01-19-2001, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the reponses, guys! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif I don't have their boxset. (It's the one shaped like a coffin, right?) Did you guys get the Samhain boxset? I was thinking about getting it, cause their albums are OOP. It's a shame about Danzig's solo career. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif (Too much ego.)

Funktion, I recommend either Walk Among Us or Static Age. Collections 1 and 2 are also safe bets. Stay away from Legacy of Brutality! (Inferior song mixes.)

"Stumble in somnabulance
Pre-dawn corpses come to life
Armies of the dead survive
Armies of the hungry ones
Only ones, Lonely ones
Ripped up like shredded wheat
Only ones, Lonely ones
Be a sort of human picnic..."

------------------

momylitlemonster
01-21-2001, 01:27 AM
the 4 disc box set that came in a coffin is oop now. some music store might have some left(keep looking). everytime i get on one of these horror boards i listen to the misfits!!

Mark Relford
01-21-2001, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by momylitlemonster:
Everytime i get on one of these horror boards i listen to the misfits!!

Same here! It's appropriate music.
I'll have to track down those boxsets tomorrow.

------------------

Ash
01-21-2001, 03:22 AM
They're okay. I found their songs get old fast though. Too bad the lead singer and guitarist left.

------------------
Ash - webmaster@deadites.net
Deadites Online - www.deadites.net (http://www.deadites.net)

Mark Relford
01-21-2001, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Ash:
They're okay. I found their songs get old fast though.

BLASPHEMY!!!

------------------

Lindane
01-21-2001, 08:35 AM
I love old school Misfits! Fuck their new shit though. Man its a shame old Glenn got his ass kicked by the guitarist from Def Leopard. Boy it sure makes me chuckle though. HEHEHE Anybody listen to any other old punk rock? Crass,The Buisness,Conflict,Germs,Subhumans,Black Flag(pre Rollins though)?

The Chaostar
01-21-2001, 10:03 AM
I couldn't care less about the "new" (yuk!)Misfits. Glenn Danzig is doing some great shit today. Has anyone heard his "666 - Satan's Child" album? BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mutleyhyde
01-21-2001, 11:17 AM
Old punk rock, Lindane? Well, I pretty much stuck with the classics; The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, and The Clash. I got into very little underground stuff after the heyday, but DK, Circle Jerks and The Misfits were certainly on my list. I think I kind of turned off because there was so much crap being done, and it just got harder and harder to filter through to the good bits.

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Mark Relford
01-21-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Lindane:
Anybody listen to any other old punk rock?

The Stooges, Black Flag (Rollins), The Ramones, and New York Dolls.

------------------