PDA

View Full Version : Slaughter High

moogong
10-28-2001, 03:36 AM
Does anybody remember a movie called Slaughter High?
It was about a high school nerd who is hurt really bad by the in-crowd and then somehow gets them to come back to the school 10 years after graduation and picks them off one by one. Its a mid-80's flick. Anybody? Anybody??

slinker
10-28-2001, 09:05 AM
I remember that flick, didnt he have a Jesters mask or something?? and called Marty something?? oh memories memories i cant remember if it was any good though....*smirk*

Vdlman
10-28-2001, 03:28 PM
I like this movie. It's a pretty decent slasher from the mid '80s. I wouldn't mind seeing it on DVD either.

moogong
10-28-2001, 08:08 PM
well im glad to see some people remember that movie. I hope that somebody will put it out on DVD. hopefully anchor bay....

DeepDownTraumaHound
10-28-2001, 09:37 PM
Killer to the left,
Killer to the right,
Stand up, sit down,
Fright, Fright, Fright!

Would love to this good lod slasher again.

Hellbilly
10-28-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by DeepDownTraumaHound
Killer to the left,
Killer to the right,
Stand up, sit down,
Fright, Fright, Fright!

Would love to this good lod slasher again.

i guess the tagline is from Return To Horror High, DeepDownTraumaHound....

Stryffe
10-29-2001, 07:19 PM
Isn't that the one where the killer's victims appear at the end in a gymnasium filled with a sort of fog effect? I may be thinking of another flick. But it rings a bell. I remember people being chased about an old High School building, and not much gore. Wasn't the killer hurt in a prank similar to the opening scene of TERROR TRAIN with Jamie Lee Curtis and David Copperfield?

Stryffe

moogong
10-29-2001, 07:38 PM
thats the one....all the victims ghost come back to get him and then it turns out to be a dream....

Dusk
11-11-2001, 06:27 AM
This film was good goofy shite. I think I'll watch it today.

y2doublet
11-11-2001, 02:16 PM
Return to Horror High rules! That's one of my childhood favourites and I can't wait to get AB's release of it. Too bad they've pushed it back to 2003, but still this gem is worth waiting for. I can't remember how many times I've seen this one, and that was a cut version to boot.

Mark Relford
11-11-2001, 11:40 PM
Slaughter High's a pretty enjoyable slasher. Some nice kills here and there. (I love the beer gag! The damn jock deserved it.) The Redeemer aka: Class Reunion Massacre had a similar plot. I was thinking about renting it for shits and giggles.
Sad Note: Simon Scuddamore (Marty) commited suicide after the film was released.

y2doublet
11-12-2001, 12:14 PM
That is tragic to hear. As for Class Reunion Massacre, I think Program Power has it on schedule for a release.

moogong
11-13-2001, 01:18 AM
Mark Relford..

where did you hear that about Simon Scuddamore ?????

Mark Relford
11-13-2001, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by moogong77
Mark Relford..

where did you hear that about Simon Scuddamore ?????

Check this out:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Scuddamore,+Simon

Unfortunately, it doesn't go into details about his apparent suicide.

moogong
11-13-2001, 07:11 PM
thanks for the link..thats really messed up. talk about life imitating art.....

chrishicks
11-15-2001, 05:32 PM
For those that can't wait DVDPlanet.com has this movie coming out on 11/27/2001 for 6.99 plus s/h. The movie on is the Front Row label.

moogong
11-15-2001, 08:10 PM
oh cool...thanks Chrishicks!!!

patmcgahern
01-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Just watched this one and had a blast. I knew very little about it and thought from the opening frame, this looks like England, lo and behold, when I hear them speak, laughter ensues. Cool movie, some great gore FX and a very cool ending.

HAEMORRHAGE
01-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm still awaiting a DVD release on this thing. It's taking forever.

wago70
09-21-2007, 12:42 AM
SLAUGHTER HIGH is on Comcast On-Demand. I couldn't believe I saw the title in the Horror menu so I watched it and loved it. Never in my days would I have imagined Caroline Munro as a high school student (although she looked beautiful) in a mid-80's slasher film. Very fun stuff. The broadcast is VHS quality, but who cares!
The high school exterior is beautiful...very much like the high school where Craven wanted to film SCREAM (but was rejected by the city hall) just north of San Francisco.
Check it out if you have Comcast cable!

VideoViolence
09-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Is the Comcast one the Uncut version, despite the R-Rating??

jeffman316
09-21-2007, 05:33 AM
I have Comcast cable with all of the on demand channels like HBO and Starz and I cant find this movie anywhere.

I guess I do not have the same On Demand service as your area.

Jeff

soxfan666
09-21-2007, 05:58 AM
i also just watched this tonight, tons of fun, amazing music. as far as it being uncut, what should I be looking for? It does show the nerds dick in the beginning so it may be the uncut version. Jeffman316, if you have fearnet on demand then you can watch the movie. it is under the free movie heading in the ondemand menu, then click fearnet. by the way the fearnet mid movie commercial break is fucking annoying.

allmessedup
09-21-2007, 10:58 AM
The ads on Fearnet are really annoying in general, not to mention the fullframe issues, but it's still a good way for me to check out stuff I've never gotten around to seeing. Beats blind buying or wasting a netflix rental.

I'll always love them for showing the uncut SWAMP THING, boobs intact.

wago70
09-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Is the Comcast one the Uncut version, despite the R-Rating??

I don't know for sure, but if this was R-rated, I'd LOVE to see what the uncut version was like! There is a scene where a guy drinks a beer (spiked with chemicals) and the messy result didn't appear to be edited. Same for all the deaths, really - you wouldn't see them in FRIDAY THE 13TH, that's for sure (those effects fade to white before you can see them!). Speaking of which, snippets of music from Friday the 13th part 4 (and maybe Part 5) are featured in this film...they don't fit, but it's a hoot.
I have watched the film 4 times already - I still can't get over seeing Caroline Munro as the "final girl" in a slasher flick!

wago70
09-21-2007, 05:13 PM
The ads on Fearnet are really annoying in general, not to mention the fullframe issues, but it's still a good way for me to check out stuff I've never gotten around to seeing.

Tell me about it!!!!!!! There was this scene where Caroline Munro is walking down a dark hallway and suddenly an animated chainsaw slashed across the screen prompting me to watch Chainsaw Massacre 2. It caught me of guard and I was thinking what a creative 80's pre-CGI moment :lol: The ad, however, took up the entire lower half of the screen. :eek2:

Spacevis
09-21-2007, 06:25 PM
wago70, in the future, could you please use spoiler tags? I yet have to see this film, and I'm probably not alone

wago70
09-21-2007, 06:57 PM
There are no spoilers - nothing like that happens in the film (chainsaw wise) and as far as Munro is concerned - we all know by now a slasher film has its final girl (again - things aren't quite as they seem in this film). Also the movie has about 4 different endings. Trust me: I gave nothing away.

allmessedup
09-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I can't wait to check this one out, maybe this weekend.

I noticed Fearnet seemed to have the uncut DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE a while back. I didn't watch all of it, but the listed running time was the same as the recent DVD release and the early portion of the film seemed to be the same as on the DVD.

VideoViolence
09-23-2007, 06:26 AM
I assume this means either Lionsgate, Sony or MGM has the rights.

Xtro_13
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Slaughter High is currently playing on fearnet on Comcast ondemand.
Just got done watching it. And I really can't believe that some people liked this movie. I found nothing enjoyable about this film.

ekent
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I watched this on ondemand as well and I got a kick out of it. I had seen it back in the 80's but had forgotten all about it. Where the hell is the DVD of this?

3invertednines
09-26-2007, 02:26 PM
And I really can't believe that some people liked this movie. I found nothing enjoyable about this film.

I feel the same. I'm gonna have to give it a 3rd chance, though :)

HAEMORRHAGE
09-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Where the hell is the DVD of this?

That's one questioned that's been echoed countless times. Being restless, I eventually gave up waiting and bought a VHS copy only to find out later that I got the rated version, not realizing there was an unrated version as well.

Horrorphilly
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I picked up the unrated version on saturday for one buck.Its a Vestron Video and it says uncut edition on the spine of the box.I enjoyed it alot.I loved how they used Friday the 13th music in the movie and had a Friday the 13th refference.Is there any sign of this on dvd yet?It was a horror/comedy at the begining but once the reunioning at the school started,it was prime time slasher time.Im glad I picked up this blind buy.

Sean

gunner
10-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I always laugh at Marty when he has that delayed reaction to the exploding load in the joint. I love the perspective shot from the VW bug's (Doris') windshield. And of course Dick Randall's cameo complete w/ Pieces poster.
One of two 80's slashers I can think of with references to cocaine use as being kinda cool...naughty crowd. God I love this movie. How can anyone who lived and breathed in the 80's not?

boycrieswolf
10-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Just watched this last night on Comcast in-demand. Never seen it before. I thought it was silly, enjoyable mid-80's cheese. Dude's costume was a hoot. I was hoping miss Munroe's parachute pants would get snagged on something so we'd see some goods....hehe.

speanroc
10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
vestron international release of slaughter high , under the original title of APRIL FOOL'S DAY = the on-screen print title is APRIL FOOLS

UNCUT VERSION

here's a scan from my japan tape

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/360/afdsljpmi1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wago70
10-03-2007, 05:35 PM
I was hoping miss Munroe's parachute pants would get snagged on something so we'd see some goods....hehe.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VideoViolence
10-12-2007, 04:45 AM
The Uncut/Unrated version needs a R1 Special Edition release on dvd, pronto!!

VideoViolence
10-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Looks like Lionsgate owns this one.

Katatonia
10-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Looks like Lionsgate owns this one.

I'm sure we can look forward to an old video master for the DVD then.

wago70
11-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Still going strong on Fearnet/Comcast on Demand. :)

fattyjoe37
06-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Rented this a couple of nights ago and didn't like it much at all. Everything people say when talking down about slashers are present in this one. Usually I love slashers, but I have to agree with them on this. Actors in their mid-30s playing teenagers, check. Really stupid characters, check. A flimsy plot, check.

The best part of it were the death scenes, in particular the beer and the lawnmower scenes.