PDA

View Full Version : Will you be buying Lizard in a Woman's Skin: Remastered?

rhett
02-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Well, will you?

DeathDealer
02-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Yessssss!!!

Paff
02-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Actually, the option I would have said is, "I'll buy it if/when I find it super cheap. I don't like the movie enough to run out and double dip on release day, but I'd eventually like to have a correct copy"

Franco
02-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Of course, "my good man", 'cuz I never owned a copy of it in any version!! :glasses:

KamuiX
02-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Definitely...Fulci gialli are far better than his gore work, wish he had stuck to doing more. Mine should be here Saturday courtesy of a cool retailer who already has it in stock. In fact, this is the only Fulci giallo I've yet to see, so I'm really looking forward to it.

RyanPC
02-09-2007, 06:03 AM
I voted yes, but I am doing it reluctantly. The package sounds sweet enough for me to want the upgrade, but I dislike Media Blasters for screwing over those of us who paid good money for their original release. They should have offered a free upgrade.

jefff
02-09-2007, 06:04 AM
I already recieved my copy, and it's great. Amazing movie!

Fulci Lives...

Myron Breck
02-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Haven't seen it yet, so I can't say whether or not I'll be buying.

rhett
02-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Actually, the option I would have said is, "I'll buy it if/when I find it super cheap. I don't like the movie enough to run out and double dip on release day, but I'd eventually like to have a correct copy"
I like the ring to that.

Erick H.
02-09-2007, 06:23 AM
I'll get it,but I suspect there will be yet another version before too long (perhaps HD) which include all of the previous extras as well as the new ones .

old-boo-radley
02-09-2007, 06:23 AM
I loved the movie, but I'm mad I paid $40 for the original release (I'm in Canada and SS titles are expensive, at the time I had no CC to shop around) and now they have this.

If it's ever in a pack, I'll pick it up, though.

Cujo108
02-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Yep, I'll definitely spring for this proper version. I love the film, but wasn't going to drop good money on the first SS release. It's nice to see the wait pay off.

_pi_
02-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I really want this new version, but I also really want to see that documentary on the old disc. I'm definitely not going to buy the old disc just for the documentary, though. But I wanna I wanna!

bwana the clown
02-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Yep. Glad I held off on the old release.

hellraiser40
02-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Really want to, didn't buy the first one

Crystal Plumage
02-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Hmm...not sure.....

Ofcourse!I already preordered this one months ago!!!!

Gore Lunatic
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Voted yes because this is one of my favorite Fulci films and I need this proper version in my collection. I'll still be hanging on to my copy of the first release though. :p

dwatts
02-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I went with: No. I'm boycotting buying after the first release fiasco.

Double-dipping is common, but this? They were in too much of a hurry first time around to get it right, and then they do this. I'll end up with it I suppose, but it'll be in one of their three packs in a years time.

Really annoyed at SS.

spawningblue
02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I want to pick up both copies, as that seems to be the only way to get the full package. They are both at reasonable prices as well so... It sucks I have to buy both, but what can you do?

Myron Breck
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I want to pick up both copies, as that seems to be the only way to get the full package. They are both at reasonable prices as well so... It sucks I have to buy both, but what can you do?

You could wait until they release the Ultimate Edition about a year or so from now. :p

satans-sadists
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Voted yes because this is one of my favorite Fulci films and I need this proper version in my collection. I'll still be hanging on to my copy of the first release though. :p

This is exactly my scenario.

Korngold
02-10-2007, 01:40 AM
hmmm not sure I enjoyed don't torture a duckling (through netflix). However this thing has two strong pluses for me: lesbians and Fulci surrealism.

Myron Breck
02-11-2007, 05:49 PM
After reading the review on this site, I think I'll wait on purchasing until a better version (with the extras from the first release plus the anamorphic print) comes along.

satans-sadists
02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
hmmm not sure I enjoyed don't torture a duckling (through netflix). However this thing has two strong pluses for me: lesbians and Fulci surrealism.

A winning combination! :evil:

Darga
02-13-2007, 10:13 PM
So of the people who have already received their copy of the remastered version ahead of the official release date, where did you order it from? Did Deep Discount already ship it, or are folks getting it from another source?

ReelFear
02-13-2007, 11:01 PM
I got my copy from xploited.

here's the strange thing.
when my copy arrived the shrink wrap was open. inside the case was a piece of packing foam. when I removed all the shrink wrap, i realized the plastic case was scratched on the inside and slightly damaged, like it was used. strange. also the printing on the DVD looked very cheap. the Disc itself felt a little sticky on the edges. Well i can replace a case, so no big deal. the disc is the anamorphic uncut version, and played fine so i'm happy.i will be keeping both the old and new releases so i have all the extras. does anyone else think that the disc looks cheap?

jefff
02-14-2007, 01:07 AM
I got my copy from xploited.

here's the strange thing.
when my copy arrived the shrink wrap was open. inside the case was a piece of packing foam. when I removed all the shrink wrap, i realized the plastic case was scratched on the inside and slightly damaged, like it was used. strange. also the printing on the DVD looked very cheap. the Disc itself felt a little sticky on the edges. Well i can replace a case, so no big deal. the disc is the anamorphic uncut version, and played fine so i'm happy.i will be keeping both the old and new releases so i have all the extras. does anyone else think that the disc looks cheap?

I noticed the same thing. the disc printing looked cheap (which is true of other Shriek Show releases, so I wasn't too concerned) and the DVD case was a cheaper version of a regular amaray case, it felt flimsier, and the clear plastic was starting to come off of the back. that aside, the disc played just fine.

rhett
02-14-2007, 01:41 AM
the DVD case was a cheaper version of a regular amaray case, it felt flimsier, and the clear plastic was starting to come off of the back.
I really wish Shriek Show would shell out the extra few cents to purchase the regular Amaray cases. Those other ones feel so cheap, and they are too - almost every SS disc I get in the mail is cracked or broken in some place. At least the previous disc had a nice slip sleeve.

jefff
02-14-2007, 02:13 AM
I really wish Shriek Show would shell out the extra few cents to purchase the regular Amaray cases. Those other ones feel so cheap, and they are too - almost every SS disc I get in the mail is cracked or broken in some place. At least the previous disc had a nice slip sleeve.

Agreed. They must let that guy who interviews all the Italian stars for their video supplements do the ordering for the DVD packaging too. I hate that guy.

Crystal Plumage
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
My copy shipped from DVD Pacific last monday.
I hope my case isn't damaged.I live on the other side of the world.
Never had any problems with damaged cases before though.

thrashard76
02-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Yes. I didn't buy the first, but will be getting this (at some point).

Crystal Plumage
02-17-2007, 01:01 PM
My copy shipped from DVD Pacific last monday.
I hope my case isn't damaged.I live on the other side of the world.
Never had any problems with damaged cases before though.
My copy arrived today.No problems at all.

KillerCannabis
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I didn't get the first, so I will be getting this. I just hope the packaging is as cool as the 1st release.