PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Contest Voting

rhett
02-16-2007, 06:08 AM
After a lucky 13 humorous submissions to our recent My Bloody Contest, it is time to now sift through and choose the winners. What the contestants had to do was use a photo of a heart (courtesy, of course, of MY BLOODY VALENTINE) and edit it into whatever picture they desired. These are the results, and they'll be put up for vote here until Sunday, February 18th at 11:59 PM MST.

In case of a tie, the winner will be determined by the forum member with the most seniority. So pick away, guys and gals, and let's give away some prizes!

The submissions can be found by clicking here (http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=32624).

dwatts
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Lots of good ones to be sure, well done all the entrants.

However, for me, The Queen deserves the nod, and the wave.

shithead
02-16-2007, 10:30 AM
The Britney one gots to win.

It just wouldn't be right if it didn't.:lol:

Luna
02-16-2007, 10:40 AM
However, for me, The Queen deserves the nod, and the wave.http://underground-online.troybrophy.com/iu/archive/issue2/onwith2/art/queen.gif

:D

_pi_
02-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Lots of good ones to be sure, well done all the entrants.

However, for me, The Queen deserves the nod, and the wave.

Agreed.

For me, it was a choice of either Classy, Out-of-this-world or Tasteless (or something-else-less). I chose Classy. You can guess what the other two were ... :lol:

satans-sadists
02-16-2007, 06:48 PM
The Britney one gots to win.

It just wouldn't be right if it didn't.:lol:

I agree!

Slow
02-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, I can't believe that Britney entry is allowed on the front page of the site, that's just gross.

shithead
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow, I can't believe that Britney entry is allowed on the front page of the site, that's just gross.

You don't even have to do much photoshopping on that pic.:lol:

RyanPC
02-16-2007, 09:36 PM
You don't even have to do much photoshopping on that pic.:lol:

Which is exactly why it shouldn't win. It took him what, 30 seconds to make that? How crass, unfunny and uncreative.

Darga
02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Luna's masterpiece deserves to win by all counts, it's an actual work of art.

That being said, I had to go with bigdaddyhorse's Burger King tribute, which cracks me up every time I look at it. Probably has something to do with my old allegiance to the true King of Fast Food.

"Why eat clown food when you can dine with royalty?"

rhett
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM
How crass, unfunny and uncreative.
This coming from John Waters' biggest fan? Seems like somewhat of a contradiction.

To set the record straight though, this contest has never been about who has the best photoshop skills. This contests are designed to be as accessible as possible to everyone, which is why I always specify that it isn't about which image looks the best or most realistic, but rather which one people find the most creative.

Is a heart-shaped labia artistic? Well, Andy Warhol has gotten away with much worse... :D

RyanPC
02-16-2007, 11:11 PM
This coming from John Waters' biggest fan? Seems like somewhat of a contradiction.

The difference being that John Waters is funny. ;)

rhett
02-16-2007, 11:16 PM
The difference being that John Waters is funny. ;)
But still crass. :p

Paff
02-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah....real toss up between a shot of Britney's clam and the close up of Divine's diseased dick in Female Trouble (Yes, I know, it wasn't actually Divine's dick in that scene, but still.....)

Slow
02-16-2007, 11:20 PM
John Waters movies aren't being posted on the front page of a public site, there's a difference but maybe that's just me...I can see RyanPC's point.

rhett
02-16-2007, 11:26 PM
John Waters movies aren't being posted on the front page of a public site, there's a difference but maybe that's just me...I can see RyanPC's point.
It's a thumbnail, and despite his name, Ryan, nor HorrorDVDs, is PC. :p On this board, fully clothed pictures of Bea Arthur are a far greater offense!

Slow
02-16-2007, 11:27 PM
haha gotcha

bigdaddyhorse
02-17-2007, 01:40 AM
That being said, I had to go with bigdaddyhorse's Burger King tribute, which cracks me up every time I look at it. Probably has something to do with my old allegiance to the true King of Fast Food.

"Why eat clown food when you can dine with royalty?"

Hail to the king!

Ronald McDonald, Jack In The Box? Buncha bitches!:lol: :lol: :lol:

walkingdude
02-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Which is exactly why it shouldn't win. It took him what, 30 seconds to make that? How crass, unfunny and uncreative.
Well it has the most votes so it must be funny.I'd bet my ass if Luna had posted that you would have found it funny and voted for it.;)

Slow
02-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Yes tasteless and vulgar is funny when certain people post it...haha what is that about?

walkingdude
02-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Yes tasteless and vulgar is funny when certain people post it...haha what is that about?
It's a popularity contest man.Doesn't matter what is posted the votes go the same way.
And really the Anna Nicole entry is more tasteless in my opinion.

Slow
02-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah I found that one tasteless too....

Spit
02-17-2007, 02:35 AM
And really the Anna Nicole entry is more tasteless in my opinion.

Really? I thought the Anna one was the funniest, and it looks like it took some work. I'll admit that the Brit one is kinda gross. But I'm really suprised that the Madonna Anna entry has'nt gotten more votes.

walkingdude
02-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Really? I thought the Anna one was the funniest, and it looks like it took some work. I'll admit that the Brit one is kinda gross. But I'm really suprised that the Madonna Anna entry has'nt gotten more votes.
Surely being on a horrordvds site you would expect to see gross things.This ain't a PG site.
Turning a tragic death into a joke is much more tastless than exploiting someone who was showing of their shit to get attention.

onebyone
02-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Maybe this contest should have been moved to Freaks and Geeks. I intentionally avoided pictures of Brit showing her business and didn't need it forced on me on the front page.

I did really like the Anna Nicole one though. By the time the media is through with her, that picture will probably be about right.

shithead
02-17-2007, 06:56 AM
But there's a heart covering it.:cry:

Nemesis
02-17-2007, 07:30 AM
ah well, at least it's small in this thread

thrashard76
02-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Technically Brits pic isn't showing anything obscene...it's covered up...just as if a black box was covering her....well, her box.

thrashard76
02-17-2007, 07:42 AM
:banana: I heart Britney. :sperm:

jeffco
02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Turning a tragic death into a joke is much more tastless than exploiting someone who was showing of their shit to get attention.

Yeah, I didn't see it so much as a joke as it was a commentary. I think onebyone said it better than I could...

dwatts
02-17-2007, 03:43 PM
This isn't an Obit thread, so I can safely say that while Smith's death was sad for her kids, I don't think it reached the level of "tragic".

I like good ideas, execution isn't a factor in what I vote for. I admit, the Britney picture is plain nasty and not funny. The main isue with it though is that is didnt incorporate the heart into the picture in a effective way. It comes across as a juvenile little picture rather than a thoughtful and cool way of using the heart.

Still, there's a reason why I never enter competitions on here. :lol:

Coverdale
02-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Looks like Britney's cronbon (a word for vagina a made up when I was about 5) is the winner!

RyanPC
02-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Well it has the most votes so it must be funny.

If a movie like Jackass 2 is box-office gold does that automatically make it funny? I think not.

I'd bet my ass if Luna had posted that you would have found it funny and voted for it.;)

Luna never would have submitted such a careless entry, so your point is moot.

Rockmjd
02-17-2007, 07:18 PM
I vote Britney.

Spit
02-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Just saw some more crazy news about brit. Apparently she saved her head and is checking into rehad...Check it out

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Entertainment/story?id=2883542&page=1

Taube
02-17-2007, 07:49 PM
:( at least 1 person liked my pic, thx :)

Workshed
02-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Controversy in the contest thread! Gasp!

Luna's entry is magic. But I do love E.T. clawing at his exposed heart, especially given Barrymore's totally freaked out reaction + the awesome font.

Great entries all around. Good job, e'erybody.

YottNik
02-19-2007, 04:51 AM
I can't believe i got 2 votes, let alone 1. Hell, I didn't even vote for mine.

shithead
02-19-2007, 05:09 AM
I admit, the Britney picture is plain nasty and not funny.

It's majestic.

Luna
02-19-2007, 01:54 PM
It's a popularity contest man.Doesn't matter what is posted the votes go the same way.I really didn't even want to acknowledge any of this, but I do take issue with this statement. Do you honestly think it's a mere popularity contest? How do you explain this contest's results (http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=24724&highlight=regan+contest) then, if you are implying that I merely get votes because I am "popular" and not because I try to strive for quality in my entries? I'd almost think that was meant to be insulting... and for what purpose exactly?

Anyway, that issue aside, thanks for the great contest, MorallySound and Rhett! You can be damn sure I'll be enjoying those Bela movies. I almost bought that DVD the other week. I'm so glad I didn't now! :banana:

There were some funny entries this time around, I might add!

Agent Z
02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Controversy in the contest thread! Gasp!

Idea for future forum contests: Since rhett has been slacking and needs more responsibilities anyway, let's have the contestants pm their entries to him, and then have rhett post the entries in the contest thread so that the members voting will not know the creator of each piece until after the contest is over and the votes are tallied.

I was thinking that we used this approach before on one photo contest.....?

I know, it's not airtight, but it might be an improvement, yes? I mean, at the very least, it means more work for our rhett, who still needs to pay his penance for that The Wicker Man (2006) review. :p

Great entries all around. Good job, e'erybody.

I agree! I hope to see more of these forum contests in the future. :)

neversummer
02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Idea for future forum contests:...I mean, at the very least, it means more work for our rhett, who still needs to pay his penance for that The Wicker Man (2006) review. :p

ahaha! I chucked my Wicker Man (2006) dvd in the trash. And the Ghost Rider previews make me sad.. damn you Cage, damn yoooouuu!

bigdaddyhorse
02-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I really didn't even want to acknowledge any of this, but I do take issue with this statement. Do you honestly think it's a mere popularity contest? How do you explain this contest's results (http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=24724&highlight=regan+contest) then, if you are implying that I merely get votes because I am "popular" and not because I try to strive for quality in my entries? I'd almost think that was meant to be insulting... and for what purpose exactly?

There were some funny entries this time around, I might add!

There's no way it's based on popularity, cuz if it was I wouldn't have made 3rd or won the Dawn Of Dead one (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=27340) a year and a half ago. I've been around the boards long time, but wouldn't call myself popular by any means.
Luna just has mad PS skillz so the rest of us have to step our game up. ZoSo did that and touched the juvenile humor bone in many.
Congrats.

Thanks to MorallySound and Rhett for another great contest. These are always lots of fun for most (I'd say everyone/all, but can't with a straight face due to all the controversy).

DopeChamberX
02-19-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm happy mine at least got one vote besides my own :D . I was really hoping just to tie for 3rd or something so I would have got the seniority win. ;) Fun contest, congrats to the winners. The only problem I had with the Britney one, was that I didn't think of it first. :p

rhett
02-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Idea for future forum contests: Since rhett has been slacking and needs more responsibilities anyway, let's have the contestants pm their entries to him, and then have rhett post the entries in the contest thread so that the members voting will not know the creator of each piece until after the contest is over and the votes are tallied.
That is a good idea. The only problem I forsee is that it further complicates things, and it might discourage some of the shier contestants. We can try it out though, if everyone else thinks it is a good idea.

I think the "controversy" was blown a little out of proportion this time around, and for me, and I think I can say most, it was still another enjoyable HorrorDVDs contest. We're all fans of horror and cult movies here, so I don't think anyone can justifiably flip their nose in the face of bad taste. And as avid supporters of uncut films, the freedom of expression here should be a given.

I had a blast though, and here's a list of what you already know:

1. "Britney shows a little heart" ZoSo
2. "I Don't" Luna
3. "The True Motivation For Chestbursting" Spit

Our main man bigdaddyhorse, who tied for third and has seniority, forfeited his win because he already owns the disc. What a sport!

Thanks to all who played, and until next time...

The Wicker Man (2006) is awesome.

Spit
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Neato! Thanks alot bigdaddyhorse, it was quite kindly of you to pass up the Lugosi dvd. I am looking forward to owning muh very own copies of White Zombie and The Corpse Vanishes. I've never seen Scared to Death and I'm excited about that too. An a big thanks to horrordvds.com, only on a forum like this could a screamy bopper like myself win fabulous prizes.

bigdaddyhorse
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Neato! Thanks alot bigdaddyhorse, it was quite kindly of you to pass up the Lugosi dvd. I am looking forward to owning muh very own copies of White Zombie and The Corpse Vanishes. I've never seen Scared to Death and I'm excited about that too. An a big thanks to horrordvds.com, only on a forum like this could a screamy bopper like myself win fabulous prizes.

Awesome. I was hoping you didn't have this and would want it.:) Feels good to share the love, enjoy it man!

MorallySound
02-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Winners, PM your addy's so I can mail out your prizes!

onebyone
02-20-2007, 03:28 AM
There's no way it's based on popularity, cuz if it was I wouldn't have made 3rd or won the Dawn Of Dead one (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=27340) a year and a half ago. I've been around the boards long time, but wouldn't call myself popular by any means.

Your Dawn of the Dead one is my all-time favorite entry of all of these contests. You could have been Public Enemy #1 and I would have voted for you. I had it for my wallpaper for awhile.

I think the best way to keep the contests totally fair is to have a lot of entries. Maybe this one will show others without mad photoshop skillz that, with the right picture, they too can win and we will get even more entries next time. It could be a whole lot of fun. I do hope that I don't have to see some person's privates next go around though, but I am aware that you can't always get what you want.

bigdaddyhorse
02-20-2007, 03:38 AM
Your Dawn of the Dead one is my all-time favorite entry of all of these contests. You could have been Public Enemy #1 and I would have voted for you. I had it for my wallpaper for awhile.

Thanks.

I still have that as wallpaper now!

Just today my GF was asking me to mess with some pictures to see if they can be fixed & printed on a tee shirt for a school function she's overseeing. I immediatly thought I should see if I can GWTD shirts printed!
If I can, I'll be sure to offer them to the board as I know from my band days the more you print, the cheaper they each are. Of course my original isn't much bigger than the attachment so I get the feeling it won't work, but someday I'm gonna find out for sure.:)

ZoSo
02-21-2007, 04:52 AM
I want to thank everyone for their support. I just hope I made a difference for anybody out there thinking about entering a contest with no photoshop skills and a crass, unfunny, uncreative idea. You too can be a winner! Don't give up!

Your favorite crasshole,
ZoSo

RyanPC
02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
I just hope I made a difference for anybody out there thinking about entering a contest with no photoshop skills and a crass, unfunny, uncreative idea.

Yep, you sure did! For the next contest I plan on Photoshopping a penis onto Jamie Lee Curtis. It's a guaranteed win! :banana:

Workshed
02-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Yep, you sure did! For the next contest I plan on Photoshopping a penis onto Jamie Lee Curtis. It's a guaranteed win! :banana:

But, Horrordvds.com taught us that that rumor is bullshit! (http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=31315&highlight=jamie+lee+curtis) :cool:

Rockmjd
02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I want to thank everyone for their support. I just hope I made a difference for anybody out there thinking about entering a contest with no photoshop skills and a crass, unfunny, uncreative idea. You too can be a winner! Don't give up!
Congrats on your victory! Don't listen to the naysayers, yours was great!:)

shithead
02-21-2007, 07:20 PM

I'd vote for that.:lol:

MorallySound
02-23-2007, 12:05 AM
The prizes have been sent out. So expect them in the mail in 7-10 business days. Give or take a few business days.

Congrats to the winners!

Luna
02-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Excellent! Thanks again! :banana:

Myron Breck
02-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Congrats and Thank You to all participants!

ZoSo
02-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Thanks Morally!