PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the Best Slasher Kill!!!

Stryffe
10-30-2001, 09:42 PM
Iíd be curious as to what the masses had to say was their favorite Slasher Kill??? I guess it doesnít have to be a kill from a Slasher flick, but it would have to be damn good not to be. One that I can think of right off the top of my head as an example of a non-Slasher Kill, would be Brad Pitts - Hood Ornament Impersonation, in ďMEET JOE BLACKĒ. Now that struck a nerve! Probably the only redeeming aspect for the entire film. Donít get me wrong, I love Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lector- the man, the myth, the Legend!). So lets here it! Give us a description and your reason! What kill have you seen that stuck with you for a while? Originality is a plus, gore a plus, and how much it stuck with you a very BIG Plus!

My Vote:
Since Iím obsessed with the Savini, I guess it would have to be the Pool Kill in The Prowler.

Description:
Girl decides to take a moonlight dip. Strips to her underwear, (Unfortunately), swims a lap or two and then decides to get out. Reaches the pools ladder, only to be kicked in the face by a masked killer! Ouch! Dazed, she falls back into the pool, and comes to the surface only to see no one around. The Killer happens to be in the pool behind her! He grabs her around the neck, and slowly begins to saw her throat with a long bayoneted. After an unusually long struggle she stops struggling and twitching. She then sinks lifelessly to the bottom of the pool, while the camera tracks her, showing the air bubbles from the wound bubbling to the surface.

Tom Savini masterminded the gore FX in this film so if you havenít seen the flick use your imagination! The film was made in 1981, prior to the MPAA tying producerís and directorís hands behind their backs restricting what could be shown and what couldnít in an R rated film. This scene just seemed to stick with me due to itís unusual length and viciousness, plus the FX by the master Savini.

Stryffe

Dark Lord
10-30-2001, 11:12 PM
My vote goes for Friday The 13th 3d....the guy walking on his hands....Jason with machette!

AceRimRat
10-30-2001, 11:31 PM
I actually prefer the bathtub pitchfork scene from the Prowler. You oughta post a poll!

My favorite is probably the "camper split" scene from Jason Goes to Hell. Just disgusting, and a little surprising (in form).

Dream Warriors has some good ones, and the original F13, and the list could go on and on. I love a good kill scene. They're (often) what make a slasher great!

moogong
10-31-2001, 12:07 AM
In Jason Takes Manhattan.....the fight between Jason and the boxer on the roof. The boxer is winning and for some dumb reason, he lets Jason take a free shot. Jason knocks his block (and head) clean off. TKO Baby!!!

thrashard76
10-31-2001, 07:02 AM
Hellraiser II and the selfmutulation on the mattress. That dude was cutting himself all over the place. Just frenzied and hellbent to die..."It is time to play".

rhett
10-31-2001, 05:49 PM
Damn, you should really make this a poll, there are waayyy to many to chose from!

For me though, I think I would have to go with the "shotgun-to-the-face" scene in Maniac. It doesn't get much gorier than that, and completely unexpected too! And having Savini play the guy who "loses his head" makes it all the more enjoyable. Think Scanners...but with a shotgun.

The "camping bag against the tree" scene in Friday the 13th Part 7 is also a big favorite. Jamie Lee Curtis offing her brothers (screw what the sequel says!) head in H20 is definitely a classic. The first kill in NOES is grand, as is Jason's demise in F13P4. Although not gory, the Shishkabob scene in Happy Birthday to Me always makes me cringe. The head hacking scene at the end of Prom Night is good too. And I agree with Ace, the gore in JGTH is disgusting, and the "camper split" scene is a gory treat.

Stryffe
10-31-2001, 08:02 PM
This really would make a great Poll!!! If I just knew how to make one! LOL. I think the Poll would be H U G E though! I like the descusion aspect as well. Maybe I'll go play in the Polls Board and see if I can figure it out... I'm new to this whole site.

Stryffe

Hellbilly
11-01-2001, 07:47 PM
That must be Angie Dickinson's elevator murder in Dressed To Kill. I love this scene because it was filmed with lots of style. From that moment those elevator doors open, showing the first fatal strike of the killer in the mirror only, the blood splattering on the display...sure, this scene was "inspired" by Hitchcock's Psycho shower sequence but what the hell, it's still one of the best death-by-razor scenes ever!
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/dtk/dtk_shot3s.jpg
Another favorite Slasher Kill scene is from The Sentinel, when Christina Raines bumps into her dead father, slicing off his nose with a knife, stabbing him in the eye...it wasn't very bloody though, but still well done. Made me jump when i saw it the first time.

Stryffe
11-01-2001, 08:43 PM
I thought of a few good kills and made a Poll. I entered just about everyone's choice on this thread, so go take a look!!!

Stryffe

slinker
11-01-2001, 10:18 PM
I would have to say the Raft scene from the `Burning` those savini effects and the sheer vicious carnage involved make this one to beat! who could forget that striking image of the killer holding those giant garden shears up to the sky before slicing and dicing those poor kids =^,^= nice job Cropsy

David666
11-07-2001, 04:45 AM
Thats a hard questions, I'm gonna have to choose a few.

Tina's death in the original Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the most vicious, surreal and disturbing death sequences ever filmed.

The chainsaw sequence in American Psycho, another surreal moment with naked killer covered in blood blatantly running after the victim down a posh apartment building hallway and then dropping the thing on her. That was really out there and bizarre.

Although the film didn't live up very well to expectations (though I actually like this film), the kidney heist in Urban Legends: Final cut was a very bloody, scary and disturbinbg sequence.

The opening sequences of the first two Scream films, you gotta admit they are great scenes!

All the death sequences in I Know What You Did Last Summer were very well staged, written and filmed, scary, creepy and they get you involved.

mgfred
11-16-2001, 10:19 PM
For me, my favorite slasher scene has always been the first scalping in Maniac. Still to this day it gets to me.

Fred

moogong
11-17-2001, 12:08 AM
Maniac was classic...Savini is just da man!

Egg_Shen
11-19-2001, 04:39 AM
Perhaps I'm a bit silly in the head but Psycho's infamous "shower scene" and "mother" sending the detective down the staircase(and in case your wondering, and ya should'nt be of coursse, I'm making reference to Hitchcock's film not Van Sant's) have always inspired me. Romero's NOTLD also featured one of my favorites in the stylistic trowel killing. And if you gore buffs still arn't impressed then well.....how about any murder sequence concocted by the meistro of gore himself; Dario Argento.