PDA

View Full Version : What's #1?

AceRimRat
10-31-2001, 12:45 AM
This is from a thread over in "General" about the T&A in F13 V. And it gives me an idea...

Originally posted by Liz
At least you guys are honest about what you're looking for in a movie. :p

lol

What is the #1 factor in horror movie enjoyment/selection? In other words, when you go to/rent a horror movie, what do you want to see most?

skinnypuppy6
10-31-2001, 01:05 AM
I like all of the above in horror films Gore is good sleaze is good but you gotta' have a story too but if its sick and offensive it's awsome!

keith70
10-31-2001, 07:12 AM
I voted for the kill scenes. I love it when they get a cool special effect. Like the girl getting shot in the Beyond.http://www.teleport-city.com/images/screencaps/horror/b28.jpg
Or the double killing in Suspiriahttp://www.teleport-city.com/images/screencaps/horror/suspiria4.jpg
http://www.teleport-city.com/images/screencaps/horror/suspiria3.jpg

Peter Vincent
10-31-2001, 03:21 PM
I want horror movies to Scare me & the people I'm with!!!! That gets my vote!

slinker
10-31-2001, 03:46 PM
I voted for atmosphere, with this comes tension and scares and these are easily the basis for a great horror movie...apart from that i also love obscene sleaze and gore but this is not so important, just a bonus!!! hehe

Vamp
10-31-2001, 05:55 PM
I voted for scare... It's not too easy to scare me, but I love the movies that do. Everything else is just an extra next to the scare factor.

rhett
10-31-2001, 06:55 PM
Since I have seen way too many horror movies to really get scared of them anymore, I usually just watch for Atmosphere now. A guilty pleasure is watching early-mid 80's films, with the bad acting and ridiculus clothing and hair styles. I am a huge "scope" fan though, so if a horror movie is shot in 2.35:1 I usually lap up the cinematography and enjoy the film on a technical level much more than I would if it was shot flat. I would be lying if I said I never liked gore and some T&A, but those are never the main reasons for me watching a horror movie

Good poll Ace!

Hellbilly
10-31-2001, 08:58 PM
i voted for the other option, which in my case means that i voted for "all". i just couldn't choose. i think it always depends on in what kind of mood i am when i buy/rent a video/dvd. if the movie is from Cronenberg or Lynch however, i'll buy it anyway no matter what...

Yowie
11-01-2001, 10:02 PM
Definitely atmosphere. -Without it you have nothing, you wouldn't shiver, and it wouldn't be horror.

thrashard76
11-01-2001, 10:19 PM
The key to a well done movie. 100%

Mark Relford
11-02-2001, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
i voted for the other option, which in my case means that i voted for "all". i just couldn't choose. i think it always depends on in what kind of mood i am when i buy/rent a video/dvd.

I agree with Hellbilly. It depends on my mood. I love serious, thought provoking horror and nightmarish visions on film. Sometimes, I feel like checking my brain at the door and watch horny teens getting whacked. I need that balance in horror.

Ace, your favorite poll will be up in a few days...:D

bigdaddyhorse
11-02-2001, 06:27 AM
I voted other, but would have clicked "all of the above" if possible. I also agree with Rhett about the "scope" 2.35 movies. It's just awesome to see John Carpenter movies for real now, after growing up on shitty pan and scan versions. I love dvd for this more than anything, but commentaries and deleted scenes are a good touch too.