PDA

View Full Version : What are your LD WANTS?

wago70
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I was just wondering what would satiate the needs of you still-collectors of Laserdiscs? :)

Paff
03-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't have too much short list...one off the top of my head is Quatermass and the Pit, as I think that completes my Elite Hammer collection.

I guess I'd like to have all of Elite's releases...maybe Tai Seng too. There's probably a couple of DTS discs I'd like to have, but I pretty much have the ones I really want.

I wouldn't mind getting The Frighteners box set, but more as a collector than a fan of the movie. I can't imagine finding the time to wade through all the extras. I like The Frighteners, but I don't love it. I have the DTS disc for good sound, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Maybe some of the AnimEigo live action discs, like Lone Wolf and Cub and stuff. Right now all I have is Lady Snowblood.

Dusk
03-09-2007, 11:47 PM
SLEEPAWAY CAMP 2 from Nelson Entertainment (I have part 3).

I'd also like to know if there were ever a laserdisc for the first SLEEPAWAY, I seem to remember alot of Media Home Entertainment titles on laser but have never seen/heard about SC1. I have very little evidence it exists but would be great to get a solid lead.

Sam
03-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Very few these days. I still occasionally buy older titles that lack a dvd release and documentaries but that's about it. A lot of the anime releases may never hit region 1 dvd and so I may pursue them again at some point. It's nearly easier to acquire movies now on this format than it is to get rid of them. Heck, I can't even sell 25 LDs for $50 shipped with this current LD market. :)

Agent Z
03-13-2007, 03:40 PM
SLEEPAWAY CAMP 2 from Nelson Entertainment (I have part 3).

I'd also like to know if there were ever a laserdisc for the first SLEEPAWAY, I seem to remember alot of Media Home Entertainment titles on laser but have never seen/heard about SC1. I have very little evidence it exists but would be great to get a solid lead.

Wow! I was lusting for a Sleepaway Camp laserdisc back in the day as well. I'm not sure why exactly, as I have the VHS and three dvds of it. :lol:

I even started a thread to get some info (http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=8655&highlight=media+laserdisc).

I am thinking that it wasn't pressed as a laserdisc here in the states. I hope someone can prove me wrong though.

wago70
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
I sold my GIANT BEHEMOTH LD last year. I miss it. I've always wanted DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS which was a real rare one in widescreen.

ekent
03-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Night of the Living Dead (Japanese Box Set)
Dawn of the Dead (Japanese Conclusion Box Set)
Scream Director's Cut DTS
The Crazies (Japanese)

elahrairrah
12-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I Come in Peace (still hasn't been released on DVD for some reason)
Make Mine Music Japan (contains a full segment not available in the US DVD)
New York Ripper (just because I tend try to have as many Fulci movies on DVD and LD!)
Atlantis, The Lost Continent/The Power (mostly just want Atlantis, a George Pal movie that has yet to be released on DVD)
It Came from Hollywood (again, not on DVD)

And almost any CAV version of a Disney animated film.

ekent
12-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Cool reboot! I have scored the following in this span of time...

Scream Director's Cut DTS
The Crazies (Japanese)

f.ramses
12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Someday I would love to own the double disc, Japanese release of Gates of Hell: Collector's Special! I doubt very much I'll ever actually buy it though.

elahrairrah
12-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Someday I would love to own the double disc, Japanese release of Gates of Hell: Collector's Special! I doubt very much I'll ever actually buy it though.

I see it on Yahoo Japan Auctions, but it's always for an insane amount of money. I know it has a piece of 35mm film in it, but c'mon!

Dave
12-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Can you actually bit on yahoo jp auctions?

elahrairrah
12-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I go through a proxy bidding service to get stuff off of there. I usually use Celga (http://www.celga.com). There is a considerable markup for their profit (25%!!!), but if you gotta have it, that's the best way to do it.

I got my Pioneer CLD-R7G LD player that way. All in all, it cost me around $500 with shipping and markup. I've seen that player for for $800 or more on Ebay, so it worked out for me.

And I do get Laserdiscs off of Yahoo Japan through them too.

f.ramses
12-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I see it on Yahoo Japan Auctions, but it's always for an insane amount of money. I know it has a piece of 35mm film in it, but c'mon!

Yeah, I've seen it go on ebay for like $220 and I know of someplace where I can get one now for an absurd $376. The best price I ever saw for this one was $169 and I'm still kind of annoyed with myself for not buying it, especially after watching it sit for so long. I think that one was brand new, no less... :/

As for Yahoo Japan Auctions, I've never checked them out but now I'm wondering, can you not bid there from North America? I did look at the Celga page and saw all the issues they say are associated with buying overseas but this has never stopped me on other international sites, assuming they are willing to ship to North America. Just wondering, sounds like you're getting some deals after the fees anyway!

elahrairrah
12-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I've seen it go on ebay for like $220 and I know of someplace where I can get one now for an absurd $376. The best price I ever saw for this one was $169 and I'm still kind of annoyed with myself for not buying it, especially after watching it sit for so long. I think that one was brand new, no less... :/

As for Yahoo Japan Auctions, I've never checked them out but now I'm wondering, can you not bid there from North America? I did look at the Celga page and saw all the issues they say are associated with buying overseas but this has never stopped me on other international sites, assuming they are willing to ship to North America. Just wondering, sounds like you're getting some deals after the fees anyway!

Well, if you can get around the language barrier, I imagine you could. I just don't know how to open up a Yahoo Japan Auction account. Plus, I don't believe I've ever run across an auction there that doesn't say "will not ship internationally."

Though it's always nice to browse. Here's a little help if you can't read any Japanese:

Laserdisc Section (http://list4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/22020-category.html)

Horror Laserdisc Section (http://list4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084041546-category-leaf.html)

Region 2 DVD section (http://list4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084045792-category.html)

Region 2 Horror DVD Section (http://list4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084044643-category-leaf.html)

Regurgitate
12-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Ghostown
City Of The Living Dead (Super special Japanese box with movie frame)

f.ramses
12-31-2008, 04:05 AM
Well, if you can get around the language barrier, I imagine you could. I just don't know how to open up a Yahoo Japan Auction account. Plus, I don't believe I've ever run across an auction there that doesn't say "will not ship internationally."

Ah, I hadn't noticed them saying they won't do overseas. Too bad, so long as there were no specific details to work out all I've ever needed was babelfish. Thanks for the links.

City Of The Living Dead (Super special Japanese box with movie frame)

There's a box too? I've only ever seen the gatefold one.