PDA

View Full Version : Which Grindhouse entry are you more excited about?

rhett
03-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Rodriguez or Tarantino? Bruce Willis or Kurt Russell? Gore gallore or highway terror? PLANET TERROR and DEATH PROOF are right around the corner...which are you most excited about?

David Lo Pan
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I cannot wait to see Planet Terror, but Kurt Russell as a highway menace directed by QT sounds like a dream come true.

onebyone
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
They both sound fantastic, but I am most excited about Planet Terror due to the great clips they have released from it.

satans-sadists
03-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Both are going to rock beyond belief, but I am even more excited about Death Proof. I love retro road films and especially killer car flicks like the 1977 film The Car.

Originally Mickey Rourke was supposed to play Stuntman Mike. I'm glad that Kurt Russell stepped into the role. I grew up worshipping the John Carpenter movies he starred in. I haven't enjoyed any of Kurt's tough guy roles since Tombstone. This is awesome to see him play a real badass once again! :glasses:

Paff
03-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm more EXCITED about Rodriguez' half based on the footage shown (at Comic-Con, we got an extended preview with many scenes that still haven't been on any trailers)

I'm more INTRIGUED by Tarantino's half, because not much has been said about it. He's calling it a "slasher film with a car instead of a knife", which doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I'm sure it will make sense once I see it, thus I'm curious as to what it's all about.

Ash28M
03-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I have to admit looking at the trailers Rodriguez's half looks better but Tarantino just hasn't directed a bad film so I wouldn't be suprised if his is the one to watch.

zompirejoe
03-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I'd have to go with PLANET TERROR, but I'm most excited about the trailers.

Franco
03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Death Proof definitely.

Workshed
03-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Gotta go with Planet Terror because of the leg-gun action, but Death Proof sold me at Kurt Russell. It's nice to have this kind of choice.

indiephantom
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Death Proof. Cars and killers are one of my favorite genre combination, and this one just looks amazing. Plus, I'm more of a fan of Tarantino's films on the whole.

reddye5
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Death Proof. Kurt Russell and QT seem like a dream team. The chicks in the flick are another matter. Other than Rosario Dawson, the rest seem pretty weak as actresess. Hopefully QT got what he wanted out of them. . .and good performances too :D

Planet Terror looks almost as good, but has the possibility of going too far over the top. Cheese is always good; but triple cheese makes my stomach hurt.

I am disappointed though that Tarantino's faux trailer "Cowgirls in Sweden" never got shot. Would have been awesome to behold. He never shot it because of the extra time it took him to finish Death Proof. No excuse. He should have shot it :fire:

Shannafey
03-14-2007, 08:21 PM
They both look great, but Rodriquez has a leg up (pun intended). Damn, that looks cool!!! The new Fango has some great shots from it.

MorallySound
03-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Both, equally. So where the fuck is that option????

Agent Z
03-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Planet Terror. I just think the concept can work more easily for a full-length feature...and I'm dying to figure out how Rose's character fires that leg gun without handling a trigger.

Death Proof looks like fun, to be sure. However, I'm kinda worried that it may run its material thin over the runtime.

rhett
03-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Both, equally. So where the fuck is that option????
There will be no fence sitting here. Horrordvds.com forces you to make a choice!

thrashard76
03-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Planet Terror

indiephantom
03-15-2007, 12:49 AM
There will be no fence sitting here. Horrordvds.com forces you to make a choice!

I like the decision. I've been following this one all day. It's pretty neck and neck. Usually no more than a single vote seperating the two.:cool:

RyanPC
03-15-2007, 12:52 AM
At first I was more excited about Planet Terror, but now that I know more about Quentin's entry, I have to go with Death Proof. The soundtrack sounds amazing, Kurt Russell is the man, and I think QT is the better director by far.

But what I really can't wait to see are the faux trailers. Those look amazing, especially Rob Zombie's!

MorallySound
03-15-2007, 01:24 AM

Fine. I vote the for the faux trailers.

Wait.... there is no option for that... shit... I guess I'll just keep sittin on my fence.

----:glasses: ---- <Me sitting on my fence.
------------

rhett
03-15-2007, 02:31 AM
----:glasses: ---- <Me sitting on my fence.
------------
Nicole Richie called...she wants her shades back.

bigdaddyhorse
03-15-2007, 03:57 AM
I'm really looking forward to the whole damn thing. Since no one is here to force me to choose, I'll grab a spot on the fence and enjoy the whole thing then come back and let ya know which I liked better.:glasses:

Mazurka Macabre
03-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Planet Terror hands down.

I really think Russell has been miscast, to tell you the truth. I mean, he's such a HAM.

bwana the clown
03-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Am really looking forward to both, but my vote goes to Death Proof, mainly because it seems (from what little I've seen) truer to the grindhouse type of movies (Planet Terror looks a little too....extravagant).

Will be interesting to see how the results of this poll compare to the results of the 'What was your favourite Grindhouse entry?' that's sure to come.

Wizejoker
03-15-2007, 08:02 AM
I saw some clips for Planet Terror and it looks really good. But, I was looking at a Grindhouse banner earlier today and realized I want Tarantino's to be better, so I picked Death Proof. I saw the Eli Roth trailer the other day and it was fantastic. I think the trailers could outdo the movies themselves. That's what I'd choose if I could.

Nemesis
03-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Kurt Russell looks awesome in his role.. so definitely Death Proof

evildeadfan123
03-15-2007, 12:00 PM
If there was a 3rd Option, I would pick Both, because I think they are both equal in there own separate way. Planet Terror is for the Zombie Lover's, and Death Proof is for Action/Adventure Lovers, and I love both Genre's, but Horror is my Favorite Genre, and I am a fan of Kurt Russell, so I will pretty much watch anything he's in, including Sky High, but I mainly watched that movie for Bruce Campbell's Cameo as the Coach.

Fulcilives2004
03-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Planet Terror!!!!!

Bobbywoodhogan
03-15-2007, 10:44 PM
death proof, kurt russell, nuff said

rhett
03-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I really think Russell has been miscast, to tell you the truth. I mean, he's such a HAM.
It is impossible to miscast Kurt Russell in anything. He can play badass (he practically owns the term as Snake) or can be equally fit with Disney. Everyone is praising Helen Mirren for her portrayal of the Queen, but had Kurt Russell played the part, he'd already have been knighted.

Erick H.
03-16-2007, 05:52 AM
DEATH PROOF by a slim margin.

indiephantom
03-18-2007, 10:01 PM
pretty safe to say...both films are being equally anticipated. :)

Chad
03-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Gotta go with Planet Terror because of the leg-gun action

Same here. Although, only by a very slim margin. They both look equally amazing.

4Gotten1
03-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Tarantino is the better director of the two, but having seen the trailers, I'm more excited about Rodriguez's Planet Terror. The excerpts from it look...sweet!

allmessedup
03-21-2007, 02:46 AM
PLANET a bit more than DEATH PROOF, but the trailers most of all.

maybrick
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Death Proof. Both look great, but even though I'll always love watching a good zombie flick, there have been too many of them lately. He should have did something with werewolves instead. There isn't enough werewolf movies produced, IMO.

Meanie
03-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Planet Terror

Peter Vincent
03-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I did'nt think it fair to vote. I'm just looking for a good time at the movies...I wanna get transported back to a time where grainy, gorey horror movies were the norm in theatres...along with coming attractions of OTHER grainy, gorey movies.

Sign me up for the movie as a whole!

maskull
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Death Proof. Both look great, but even though I'll always love watching a good zombie flick, there have been too many of them lately. He should have did something with werewolves instead. There isn't enough werewolf movies produced, IMO.

This fellow speaks the truth!

KillerCannabis
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
They both look awesome, but Planet Terror seems to have a lot more of what I love.