PDA

View Full Version : Laserdisctracker?

Dave
04-01-2007, 08:05 PM
When did it go down? I see even dvdtracker.com is closing down at the end of the year. Sad.

Paff
04-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah, it's been DOA for a while. Meaning that's a dead link in my sig....

ekent
04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Glad I got on board with lddb.com :) , although I am sad to see laserdisctracker go.

Paff
04-03-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm entering into LDDB now. Anyone know an easy way to enter large amounts of titles? It was easy when I did it by publisher...like, just select Elite and all their titles came up. I selected which titles I had. done.

But it's harder with larger studios. Select "Paramount" or "Image", and thousands of titles come up.

Paff
04-04-2007, 04:22 AM
OK, I'm all in there. 513 titles, it looks like. Feel free to ogle my collection again

Agent Z
04-04-2007, 07:59 AM
When did it go down?

I noticed it down about a year ago. I was wondering when you guys were going to notice and change your sigs.

I will enter my modest collection at lddb soon. Awesome site.

Man, I feel greedy for nitpicking, but I'm not seeing back cover/gatefold/liner note scans at lddb? I mean, if you're right there scanning the front cover, why not get it all?

Paff
04-04-2007, 08:00 PM
and I already have one new submission to LDDB: The Grave, a decent thriller from 1996 with Gabrielle Anwar. Everything else I own was already in, pretty much. There were a few discrepancies with some of my Hong Kong titles, but not enough to do a re-submit on. I might add my HK copy of Organized Crime and Triad Bureau. They only list the Tai Seng US release (which I also own), but there was an HK disc too.

Also, the listing of Elite's release of Frankenstein Created Woman is tagged as "Defective", but my copy plays just fine. I know, I watched it last night!

ekent
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
and I already have one new submission to LDDB: The Grave, a decent thriller from 1996 with Gabrielle Anwar. Everything else I own was already in, pretty much. There were a few discrepancies with some of my Hong Kong titles, but not enough to do a re-submit on. I might add my HK copy of Organized Crime and Triad Bureau. They only list the Tai Seng US release (which I also own), but there was an HK disc too.

Also, the listing of Elite's release of Frankenstein Created Woman is tagged as "Defective", but my copy plays just fine. I know, I watched it last night!

I'm pretty sure that you can submit updates. I don't think it'd allow for multiple entries of the same manufacturer's code. The defective tag is just there to make potential buyers aware that some copies have been reported as such, much the same way they report rot. C'mon paff, submit some updates, make it right for us :)