PDA

View Full Version : Favorite heroine

AceRimRat
11-02-2001, 05:30 AM
I had another idea for a poll, so here goes...

Horror movies (at least the slashers I love) always have a heroine. Not the drug heroin, the girl who gets the bad guy.

So who's your favorite?

I'm talking characters, not actresses, though I know some are inseparable. So I've tried to list both. I know, I'll favor the Big Three Slasher Series, but they're just so traditional...

That's what "Other" is for, anyway.

Happy voting!

rhett
11-02-2001, 06:54 AM
Laurie Strode is definitely the character with the greatest development throughout the series, and therefore it is a no brainer that I vote her. She is more than a pretty face like in all the other slasher films, she represents innocence in the first two films, and trauma and disfunction in H20. Jamie Lee is undoubtedly the most talented actress of all those listed, and she really gives Laurie plenty of depth and credability. She didn't earn the name Scream Queen for nothin'! :)

Great poll Ace...but where's Dana Kimmell?! :D

slinker
11-02-2001, 09:32 AM
I voted for Jennifer Connoly `Phenomena` shes just gorgeous yet intelligent and soo sweet and innocent to go with it..ahhh it must be lust ;) well thats just a personal opinion at the time of writing, and i just watched the movie yesterday so its fresh in my mind!

Peter Vincent
11-02-2001, 02:27 PM
Had to vote fav female to be Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in the Alien films! What a powerful persona & only Sigourney can make a character like Ripley believable!

AceRim,
Your thread is very similar to moogong77's thread "Favorite female in horror"

Hellbilly
11-02-2001, 05:50 PM
My vote went to Sigourney Weaver because she is the MOTHER of all heroines!

My second choice would have been either Heather Langenkamp or Jamie Lee Curtis. Heather did a really outstanding job in New Nightmare, one of her best performances yet.

...as for Jamie, i second rhett's opinions. :)

great poll! :D

Mattster
11-02-2001, 09:05 PM
I would have voted for Jennifer Corvino but I think Heather Langenkamp was slightly better in A Nightmare On Elm Street.

AceRimRat
11-02-2001, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Peter Vincent
AceRim,
Your thread is very similar to moogong77's thread "Favorite female in horror"

Eh, these things happen. What can I say?

I voted for Laurie Strode, so I guess I'm thirding rhett's opinion. :p

Mark Relford
11-03-2001, 01:47 AM
Another one for Ms. Strode. Nancy Thompson would be my next choice.
Amy Steel's Ginny is my favorite heroine from the F13 series. It was a treat to see this actress in April Fool's Day.

Mark Relford
11-03-2001, 02:10 AM
Kristy Cotton (Ashley Laurence) would be another good choice.

Dark Lord
11-03-2001, 05:47 PM
my vote goes for Jennifer Connelly, an underrated actress and also a real beauty! HOTTIE:D She is also starring in one of my all-time favorite: Dark City.

rhett
11-03-2001, 10:11 PM
I'm talking characters, not actresses, though I know some are inseparable.