PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Platinum Dunes?

rhett
04-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Michael Bay's little production startup, Platinum Dunes, has already released four horror films since its first film, the remake of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. All of them are remakes are sequels to, so everyone will likely want to vote "I hate them all" by default. But no. You must pick a favorite. The future of HorrorDVDs.com hangs in the balance.

onebyone
04-29-2007, 02:59 AM
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for sure. I enjoyed that movie a lot, and it holds up for me as well.

The Amityville Horror does get some love though, because that's where I first saw Ryan Reynolds. That counts for a lot.

Rockmjd
04-29-2007, 03:01 AM
TCM. The others are brutally pathetic attempts at horror.

jefff
04-29-2007, 03:11 AM
I voted TCM: The Beginning, because I actually liked it. Amityville was terrible, I havent seen The Hitcher, and The Texas Chainsaw remake was decent (had some great cinematography and some cool new characters and ideas, but that's about it)... I freely admit to hating Michael Bay and everything he stands for. That being said, I do think TCM: The Beginning was an example of an idea done right, and a fun addition to the Texas Chainsaw series.

RyanPC
04-29-2007, 03:53 AM
There really should be a "None" option. I hated The Amityville Horror (despite the Ryan Reynolds eye candy) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was downright annoying. Haven't seen the others, and don't care to.

fceurich39
04-29-2007, 04:03 AM
tcm remake followed very closely to tcm the beginning
i personally did not care for the amityville remake
have not seen hitcher yet but will get dvd coming out this tuesday

also i wonder if the birds remake is gonna be any good?

satans-sadists
04-29-2007, 04:44 AM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Not a great film for me by any means, but my wife and I saw this in the theatre together on our first date. It holds a special place for that reason alone. TCM the Beginning was watchable mostly for R. Lee Ermey. Don't know if this will have any replay value for me.

The Amityville Horror remake was not only one of the worst remakes, but quite possibly one of the most atrociously painful gut wrenching theatre viewings I have ever endured. A total disgrace to the horror genre in every sense. Nearly everyone on this site hates the original Amityville Horror. I will take it any day over this pretentious MTV style shitfest that features little more than a shirtless Ryan Reynolds flexing his muscles against CGI terror.

allmessedup
04-29-2007, 04:59 AM
I will go with the TCM remake--I enjoyed that one fairly well. TCM The Beginning was okay too, though I agree that it doesn't have a lot of rewatchability.

The Amityville Horror remake was amusing on a so-bad it's....well, maybe not good, but funny in places. Not planning on checking out The Hitcher.

I don't really mind the ones I've seen, but am not all that excited about them either.

Gore Lunatic
04-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Voted for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. Never saw the remake of TCM and haven't seen The Hitcher yet.

MrVess
04-29-2007, 09:56 PM
This is not unlike being asked to vote for one's favorite virus.

Workshed
04-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I liked The Amityville Horror remake. There, I said it. I liked it. I'll shout it from the mountain-tops, if I have to. Crazy Ryan Reynolds chopping wood all day and glaring, hot babysitter getting terrorized, Alias-triple agent lady pretending to be the wife, and some creepy ghosts all made for a fun viewing experience when I saw it.

maskull
05-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I haven't seen The Hitcher yet but I'm voting for the TCM remake. One of the better remakes imo and Jessica Biel running around in a white tank top for a good chunk of the movie. Excellent stuff!

rhett
05-01-2007, 01:51 AM
I liked The Amityville Horror remake. There, I said it. I liked it. I'll shout it from the mountain-tops, if I have to. Crazy Ryan Reynolds chopping wood all day and glaring, hot babysitter getting terrorized, Alias-triple agent lady pretending to be the wife, and some creepy ghosts all made for a fun viewing experience when I saw it.
Yeah, it got my vote, too. I don't get all the hate...there was nothing in there nearly as bad as the whole pregnancy thing in TCM. Laaaaaaame.

DrHerbertWest
05-01-2007, 03:45 AM
I thought both TCM movies were pretty good. I voted for the remake as opposed to the prequel.

KamuiX
05-01-2007, 04:13 AM
TCM: The Beginning is the only one I liked, so it gets the vote, although it's far from great itself. The TCM remake is by far the worst of the bunch, one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing...

evildeadfan123
05-01-2007, 12:07 PM
I voted for TCM Remake, saw TCM: The Beginning at the theater last year, and bought the Unrated version on DVD, Amityville Horror remake is okay, but I love the Original a lot better, haven't seen The Hitcher yet, but it's worth a free rental, but I will have to rent the original Hitcher to compare.

spawningblue
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I haven't seen The Hitcher, but enjoyed the other three quite a bit.

fceurich39
05-02-2007, 09:59 PM
the hitcher was actually pretty good sean bean was awesome in it still nowhere close to the original though