PDA

View Full Version : Support the site, win some autographs

Dave
04-30-2007, 01:30 AM
We've added a donation section. We are asking anyone that would be interested in making a voluntary contribution to help pay the hosting costs of the site to please consider making a donation.

We are looking to move the site to a semi-dedicated or possibly even its own dedicated server to support increased traffic. All donations will be put towards future hosting costs.

If you are interested in mailing a payment, email dave@horrordvds.com for details. Payments by mail is preferred only to help avoid paypal fees. We will manually updated the donation section with any payments mailed in.

Donations via Paypal can be made here: http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/donate.php

Through the month of May - Anyone making a donation of $10+ will be entered into a contest. You will get one entry for every $10 donated. $20 will get you two entries, etc.

Winners will be announced at the end of May.

Grand prize winner:

Ginger Snaps - One sheet with authentic autographs from Emily Perkins, Katharine Isabelle, and Kris Lemche. Also a one sheet storyboard from Ginger Snaps.

Second winner:

Giner Snaps - One sheet, no autographs. Also a one sheet storyboard from Ginger Snaps.

Those in our forum have the option to become a subscriber and get some perks. Anyone subscribing in the month of May will automatically be entered into the above contest.

Forum members can subscribe here: http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/payments.php

The cost for a one year subscription is $15.00 and gets you:

1) (Optional) Horrordvds.com email address with web mail access (via Horde, Squirrel, or Round Cube) or POP access. Spam assassin is also featured.
2) Access to the subscribers only section of the forum.
3) Attachment size increase from 1mb to 3mb.
4) PM saves up to 500.
5) Set self to invisible mode - people don't know you are browsing (except mods).
6) Set custom title
7) Avatar up to 100x100
8) Signature image from 20k to 200k.
9) Arcade access.
10) Subscriber only contests. Frequency to be determined.

Wez4555
04-30-2007, 04:47 AM
all you need is $40 dollars?

Dave
04-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Not exactly, Wez. We are shooting to move the host in June and the difference in cost should be roughly $30-$40 /month. Instead of making a big goal, say for a whole year, I decided to break it down by month. When this goal is reached I will put up another.

Best case we get enough to cover a year. From there I will decide what to do - i.e. keep the donation button up for future hosting costs or turn it off for a year.

Noto
05-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Awesome contest. I'm in!

maskull
05-02-2007, 12:43 AM
I would've donated anyway but now with the contest...that's excellent!!

Workshed
05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Awesome contest! Thanks!