PDA

View Full Version : Prom Night Question

Hellbilly
11-05-2001, 05:38 PM
Did the Anchor Bay DVD of Prom Night also included these scenes that were in the TV version?:

NBC added additional footage during the initial broadcast. The additional footage included a scene with Leslie Nielsen chopping firewood with the same axe later used by the killer.

Also in the tv version there was a scene with jamie lee and her friends passing a note in class

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6304697996.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

moogong
11-05-2001, 11:13 PM
my copy does not have that included on in it. Now, I did hear that two versions were put out, both look the same but some cut out scenes were included. I may be wrong on that...does anybody know?

rhett
11-06-2001, 02:33 AM
I am pretty sure there was only one DVD released and it doesn't have the extra footage. Although I know that there are different VHS copies out there, and I know one of them contains the footage because I remember those parts from renting the film from my local video store. I had always thought those parts were part of the movie!

AB needs to revisit Prom Night and include those deleted scenes!

Jason25
11-06-2001, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by rhett
I am pretty sure there was only one DVD released and it doesn't have the extra footage. Although I know that there are different VHS copies out there, and I know one of them contains the footage because I remember those parts from renting the film from my local video store. I had always thought those parts were part of the movie!

AB needs to revisit Prom Night and include those deleted scenes!

Agreed, a good film, needs an SE.

TobalRox
11-06-2001, 04:25 PM
Well, last I heard there were no plans, even though there were rumors saying otherwise. Personally, when I heard of it going OOP, I went out and snagged a copy since I had been holding out on getting it for so long (and it was so cheap), and ended up only liking it a little bit. I definitely have enjoyed other slashers more.