PDA

View Full Version : best ever

StevenR007
11-05-2001, 11:02 PM
NO NO NO THE BEST EVER HORROR KILL IS IN AMERICAN PSYCHO WHEN PATRICK COMES AT PAUL WITH AN AXE IN THE FACE SHOUTING "TRY AND GET A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW U FUCKING STUPID BASTARD" THEN SITS DOWN ON THE COUCH AND SMOKES A CIGAR - IT'S CLDN'T BE ANY COOLER !

Jason25
11-06-2001, 03:58 AM
That was pretty good, and funny.

Peter Vincent
11-06-2001, 03:40 PM
I love American Psycho! And if your a fan of the film, read this for even better news:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/article/473827

mcchrist
11-06-2001, 07:33 PM
I've been a huge fan of the book for a good number of years now (I believe I first read it in 93). First heard about the movie prospect of the idea around 95, and I was afraid, because there is some stuff in the book that is just way over the top (like inserting a tube into a woman's, to paraphrase Mel Brooks, woo woo, letting a large sewer rat inside, then pulling out the tube... etc. etc. The book got really nasty in bits) So when it was finally released I was pleased. I think it would be better for them to keep remaking the book, the reason being is because it has so many facets; on one hand its a social satire, on another it is teeny bopper camp, on another its is a bloody brutal slasher, etc. etc. etc. The book fills many genres. Now the problem with the stated sequel is that Lion's Gate is looking through older scripts that they've acquired and seeing if they can adapt them into the franchise. In any case, an actual sequel would trivialize the message that was being said at the story's close (book and film, the sign in the back stating this is not an exit. Patrick Bateman wants out, but because of the world he lives in he will never be acknowledged and because of this his urge to kill will never be tempered) and the fact that no original screenplay is being attempted just trivializes it even more. Remakes? I think that would be an ambitious idea, and if handled well one of the better pieces of experimental filmmaking in the past couple of decades. The American Psycho Project? people aren't that inventive.

Dark Lord
11-06-2001, 08:17 PM
American Psycho is one of the underrated movie ever, I can't believe the rating of this film at www.imdb.com

rhett
11-07-2001, 01:44 AM
I never read the book, but I thought the movie was great. Kind of like Maniac, but with a much lighter and funnier tone. I love the "throw the chainsaw down the flight of stairs and impale the fleaing girl" kill!

moogong
11-07-2001, 02:37 AM
Has AP start Christian Bale been in any other movies??

thrashard76
11-07-2001, 02:42 PM
The original lead guitarist for G.'N'R. was pretty good.;) ;) :D

Peter Vincent
11-07-2001, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by moogong77
Has AP star Christian Bale been in any other movies??

Christian Bale's 1st role (if I'm not mistaken) was in Steven Spielburg's WWII epic Empire Of The Sun. Yup...he's the little boy!

jeffschmidt
11-08-2001, 03:07 AM
If you liked the movie & haven't yet read the book, do yourself a huge favor & do so. The movie was good & about as true to the subject matter as Hollywood could possibly be, but the novel is much more satisfying.

mcchrist
11-08-2001, 05:20 PM
Amen Jeff! The book is one of the finest reads I've ever had, people have no clue what they're missing out on. How'd that old slogan go?

Books... Check em out!

Seriously though, the movie is cool as hell, but the book fills in a lot of gaps and there was a lot that just can't be put in a Hollywood movie.

thrashard76
11-08-2001, 07:35 PM
Rating this movie with other slasher movies out there how would you rate this movie from 0 (the worst) - 10 (the best)?

moogong
11-08-2001, 07:50 PM
you book readers out there have made me want to go get a copy!!! hehehehehe..

Is the title of the book Amercian Pycho or is name of the book different from the movie??

I would give this movie an 8...

Hellbilly
11-08-2001, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by thrashard76
Rating this movie with other slasher movies out there how would you rate this movie from 0 (the worst) - 10 (the best)?

This one made it in my all time favorite list.

RJMacReady
11-09-2001, 04:08 AM

This one made it in my all time favorite list.
I haven't seen this either. When I first heard about it, I had mixed feelings. After hearing all the praise on this thread I think I will check it out. I would like to read the book first, but I have been kind of lazy recently.

thrashard76
11-09-2001, 04:38 AM
With all the buzz going around on this movie from these board posts I think I'll take a stab at renting it.:p

RJMacReady
11-09-2001, 06:25 AM
Hehehehe......

Sorry :D :D

mcchrist
11-09-2001, 04:48 PM
I give it an 8... There was so much that could have been done that wasn't. I'm sure if I hadn't read it, I would give the film a 10, but by god the movie is so damn cool and the book is so damn cool. BTW: The book is called American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis... check it out!!! :D

moogong
11-09-2001, 05:53 PM
I picked the book up yesterday at Barnes and Nobles and I cant put it down.....it has way more than the movie in it. Great flick and great book!!

y2doublet
11-10-2001, 02:23 PM
About American Psycho, I had the Canadian DVD of the flick (with just a couple of short interviews as extras) but just had to get the European release of it. It comes with some deleted scenes, one of which is a scene of one of the most hilarious passages in the book. That's when Bateman and his chum, I think his name is Paul, is out clubbing and taking drugs and all of a sudden Paul just gets up, hops from the balcony and runs towards the moonlight. Funny stuff and a great visualization of a mental breakdown. Though I haven't had time to check out the film adaption of the scene yet I have high hopes as this is the first film I've bought in two different versions on DVD.

y2doublet
11-10-2001, 02:28 PM
Apart from that, one of my favorite slasher-scenes is actually left out of the mise-en-scene. It's in Slumber Party Massacre (I know, again, I just can't get that crazy movie out of my mind) and it's the slaying of the pizza delievery-guy. The door rings, and the cast expecting it to be the pizzas, asks "What's the damage?", or something, and the wacky jeans-clad driller killer goes "Seven so far", refering to the previous murders. Hehe, that's briliant!

moogong
11-16-2001, 06:44 PM
y2doublet

..hehehehe...that was a pretty funny kill...

JoeLeo74
01-14-2002, 06:05 AM
Damn alot of people like this movie.Im giving it a nice big 0

ParmagentoCheez
01-14-2002, 02:11 PM
the book & movie are great. but you should be aware that this is essentially a social commentary/ dark comedy before renting or buying this. it is not a horror movie.