PDA

View Full Version : Worst Iron Maiden Album

Demon Tech
11-07-2001, 03:29 PM
Just vote.

thrashard76
11-07-2001, 05:18 PM
WIth adding a new vocalist and having a bit of a slump this is the album that I listen to the least. The first songs is just to damn long. Mariner from Powerslave, now that is awesome. My favorite album is Powerslave. I love those songs to death. Awesome production and killer front cover. Even the song Flash Of The Blade was included in the movie Demons! Simply amazing. Iron Maiden and Eddie rulz!

moogong
11-07-2001, 05:38 PM
i think you would be hard-pressed to find a great Iron Maiden album but by far X-Factor sucked the most...

Hellbilly
11-07-2001, 06:00 PM
On which album was that "Run To The Hills" song? :D

Demon Tech
11-07-2001, 07:46 PM
Run To The Hills is from "Number Of The Beast."

mutleyhyde
11-07-2001, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
On which album was that "Run To The Hills" song? :D

Billy, if you are inferring that "Number of the Beast" was a suck album, you just better put up yer dukes mister! ;) I'm with Maiden up to and including Powerslave. After that... uh... what the fuck happened? My favorites in order;
1)Killers
2)Piece of Mind
3)Iron Maiden
4)Number of the Best
5)Powerslave

And Mooman, these are all great, and I ain't hard-pressed at all. You put yer dukes up too! :D

thrashard76
11-07-2001, 09:41 PM
Live After Death - ('85)
A Real Live One - ('93)
A Real Dead One - ('93)
Live In Donnington - ('93)
Best Of The Beast - ('96)

Even though the first four above are live albums they shouldn't be counted out. Some of the best albums by bands are live albums. Example: (KISS - Alive! / Alive II, Iron Maiden - Live After Death, Iced Earth - Alive in Athens, Ozzy Osbourne - Live And Loud / Tribute...etc.)

My Top 10 Iron Maiden Albums:
1. Powerslave
2. Number Of The Beast
3. Iron Maiden
4. Live After Death
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. Somewhere In Time
7. Fear Of The Dark
8. Killers
9. Piece Of Mind
10. Brave New World

Yowie
11-07-2001, 10:14 PM
I voted for "No Prayer...", I was really disappointed with that album. I don't think they succeeded in going back to a more simplistic format, the songs just weren't good enough. I actually quite liked the fact that keyboards were added to the sound on "Somewhere..." and "Seventh Son..." for atmospheric reasons. First four albums are still the best though. How about a Motorhead poll next ?.

mutleyhyde
11-07-2001, 10:19 PM
Man, have you seen the Motorhead remasters?? Dammit, I'm NEVER gonna be able to pay off my credit cards! I actually missed out on Motorhead back in the day, but want to check 'em out now... only thing is I don't know where to start. I'm a purist, and usually go with original releases, but there are at least two new compilations that look real good. Still, I'd rather get the original studio albums. Any pointers here from any Motorhead afficionados?

moogong
11-07-2001, 10:25 PM
And Mooman, these are all great, and I ain't hard-pressed at all. You put yer dukes up too! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

mutleyhyde

I would put my dukes up but Im too busy trying to find a decent Iron Maiden .....Ill be busy for a while it seems.....how much time do you have????

thrashard76
11-07-2001, 10:27 PM
There are so many different re-releases for the same album and various boxsets and compilations...I think the best way would be to go for the throat and get the new remastered original albums. If you want to slip in slowly into getting their back catalog then get one of their new compilations. That way you can choose which albums to buy first according to the songs you liked on the compilation.

thrashard76
11-07-2001, 10:37 PM
check this site out... www.imotorhead.com ...I hoped this helps your search.

mutleyhyde
11-07-2001, 10:40 PM
Moo; guess I better grab a Snickers, huh? ;)

moogong
11-07-2001, 10:44 PM
mutleyhyde

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! yeah man....I hope you have some vacation time from work too!!!

Hellbilly
11-07-2001, 10:46 PM
Did somebody call my name? :D

mutleyhyde
11-07-2001, 10:52 PM
By the way Thrashard, thanks for the link man! That's just what I needed. It was kinda hard to figure the chronology, and they have it at that site. I think I'll start with the first so many albums, as I generally like to experience the progression of a band. Have you got any favorites after Iron Fist?

thrashard76
11-07-2001, 11:07 PM
After Iron Fist I like:

Another Perfect Day
Orgasmatron
1916 - (parts)
Bastards
Overnight Sensation - (parts)
Everything Louder Than Everyone Else

...glad to have helped out.:D

Yowie
11-07-2001, 11:10 PM
Getting a compilation first is a good idea, but since the listener is likely to like everything he/she hears there anyway, going for the albums right away ;) may be just as good. I have a soft spot for "No Sleep Till Hammersmith" and "Iron Fist" because they were the first new Motorhead albums I ever bought. I know "Orgasmatron" is a favorite with many fans, but I actually prefer the underrated "Another Perfect Day" to that one. -And "Bomber", "Overkill", and "Ace Of Spades" of course, goes without saying. Of "new" Motorhead I think "Bastards" is their best, although "1916" is pretty cool too. And "Overnight Sensation", naturally. In short; no hard rock fan can go wrong with any of their first 6 (or 7) albums in no particular order. This reminds me, I must get those fine looking remasters too.

thrashard76
11-12-2001, 07:47 AM
I wonder if Dickinson would want to re-record songs from the Killers, Iron Maiden, Virtural XI and The X Factor albums? That would be cool to hear how he would sing them. But I guess the live albums are all we'll be able to hear. What songs would be cool to hear Bruce sing in the studio off these albums?;) :cool:

Shokk
01-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son...it was the last Maiden album i bought.Nuff said.Somewhere In Time was not a whole lot better..

Demon
01-03-2006, 11:02 PM
I voted No Prayer For The Dying........ofcourse I don't consider the Blaze albums even Maiden but don't understand ANYBODY voting for Seventh Son as worst...I mean come on.......seriously!

Shokk
01-03-2006, 11:31 PM
I voted No Prayer For The Dying........ofcourse I don't consider the Blaze albums even Maiden but don't understand ANYBODY voting for Seventh Son as worst...I mean come on.......seriously!

I loved Powerslave and when Somewhere In Time came out i was a bit miffed on how overly melodic it sounded..still it was a decent release.When Seventh Son hit my ears..urghhh.Too la,la,la for my taste.Didnt sound like the Maiden i knew..

load death 2
01-03-2006, 11:56 PM
none
give or take a few or more songs that are not that good i still like the songs and each album for me has something special.so i will not vote for worst or even best album... but then again i am the type that would travel to the depths of hell to see them live.

UP THE IRONS!

Mortis
01-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Anything after Powerslave is pretty blah. Some of the new stuff is decent, but it's nothing like the older shit. Seeing them in Toronto during their Early Years tour was fucking awesome.

Damage
01-04-2006, 01:30 AM
The best concert I ever saw was Maiden on their "World Piece Tour" for Piece of Mind, nothing's come close to the feeling I had that night.

I think their weakest album is No Prayer for the Dying. Bruce just didn't seem into those last two albums. I actually liked the two Blaze Bayley records.

Now if only they could get rid of Janick Gers! He's too much of a poncy foo-foo to be in the mighty Maiden.

The Chaostar
01-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Me and all my metalheads friends always felt that Seventh is among the best albums Maiden ever recorded - I am surprised to see that it gets some votes as a worst.

On the other hand, Number of the Beast got itself a vote too... :eek:

Anyway, Virtual XI is shockingly bad. The production is cheap sounding and powerless, Blaze sucks, the songs are funny... Steve Harris seems to write his worst songs these last years, which is a shame btw.

Rocker10
01-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Virtual XI for me. I did like X Factor with Blaze, but never could get into Virtual XI. Also thought Dance of Death was weak but was not on the poll. Really love everything else as Maiden is my all time favorite band ever.

Shokk
01-04-2006, 02:12 AM
He's too much of a poncy foo-foo to be in the mighty Maiden.

That is some funny shit..I don't know ya,Damage but i like ya.In the non-jockstrappy sort of way..of course. :lol:

Damage
01-04-2006, 02:21 AM
That is some funny shit..I don't know ya,Damage but i like ya.In the non-jockstrappy sort of way..of course. :lol:

Ha! :lol:

I wouldn't mind Janick Gers if he didn't prance around so much during the live shows. I mean Steve and Dave and Bruce all jump and run around and have fun but Janick does these goofy little dance steps like he's in a Whitesnake video. And this is during a song like "Hallowed Be Thy Name." Oh well, Steve's the boss and if it's okay by him...

zombi3
01-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Virtual XI - not a big fan of Blaze.

Nasty Nate
01-04-2006, 02:49 AM
I don't consider the Blaze albums to be Iron Maiden so No Prayer For The Dying gets my vote easily. That album sucks ass.

Katatonia
01-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Virtual XI for me. I did like X Factor with Blaze, but never could get into Virtual XI.

My sentiments exactly. I think Blaze is actually a decent singer, but Virtual XI just had poor song writing.