PDA

View Full Version : Blaxploitation Horror

Hellbilly
11-07-2001, 06:49 PM
Blaxploitation was a cultural film explosion. Between 1970 and 1980, there were over 200 films released by major and independent studios which touted major black characters and themes demonstrating they had enough of "The Man." Blaxploitation films crossed all movie genre borders. There were dramas, comedies, spaghetti westerns, cops and robbers, shoot 'em ups, love and horror stories.

...i couldn't have said it any better :D

ok, which is your favorite blaxploitation movie? My vote went to Scream, Blacula, Scream cuz i'm a huuuuge fan of Pam Grier.
p.s. If i missed any, let me know!
http://www.trashpalace.com/images/Blackenstein.JPG

Jason25
11-07-2001, 07:50 PM
I went with Tales From The Hood.

Nice list. Nice Poll.

Hellbilly
11-07-2001, 08:01 PM
Thanks Jason. Tales from the Hood is a great movie. Very controversial, though, especially the last segment.
Rusty Cundieff did a fine job directing and i think he should definitely do more horror films.

moogong
11-07-2001, 11:30 PM
Tales from the Hood was awesome but I had to go for Blacula..

its just a classic.....and featured a young Pam Greir...SWEEEETTTT!!!!!!

Erg0n
11-08-2001, 08:25 AM
blacula!

that was the movie that done it for me
hahahahahahha

Mark Relford
11-08-2001, 11:57 PM
Tales from the Hood gets my vote. The slave dolls segment is a favorite.

MISFITZ
11-09-2001, 07:14 PM
GREAT POST!!!!

I also went with BLACULA!!! I've always loved that film!!

Another one, which is not really horror, despite the presence of the DEVIL is:

PETEY WHEATSTRAW: THE DEVIL's SON-IN-LAW

That sh*t, had me rolling!! Tha Kung Fu noises are great! Same fight scenes as DOLEMITE.

I was always tired of 'black' folks getting dissed in horror movies. Take for example, NIGHT OF THE DEMONS. The black dude in there is a MAJOR PU**Y!!! I dunno bout u ghouls, but no black bro I know acts as scared as that dude did. :D

Hellbilly
11-09-2001, 07:21 PM
Hey MISFITZ, youre a DOLEMITE dude too? cool! I own the DVD and it's totally hilarious! I just love it...:D

About that guy in Night Of The Demons, Yeah, he was kinda scared :D but pretty convincing, don't you think? ;)

MISFITZ
11-09-2001, 07:30 PM
Yeah, DOLEMITE is great!! He just says his "angry" lines so pissed off!! :D :D And when he's all romantic, ... i dunno, the only word that pops up is..."chocolate thunder love" :D :D

LOL!!!