PDA

View Full Version : Site Update #2

Dave
07-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Thank you again to all those that donated. It's taken a bit longer to move the server and I wanted to update you all on the status.

I've been searching for the host for the past few months and have it narrowed down to a few choices. I will be on vacation for the last two weeks of July and am planning the move for the end of the month. There should be less than a day of downtime, though there will be some additional downtime for some as nameservers around the Internet are updated with the new hosting IP addresses.

It's taken a bit longer than I expected, due in part to my own laziness. Our current host slapped a band-aid on the problem which took relieved some of the pressure to move so quickly. Ultimately that is a good thing, though, as I've been able to research hosts and will hopefully find one that will be our new home for the next few years.

Initially I told you all that we would be funded for the next year due to the donation drive, etc. With the prices I'm looking at now, in addition to adding a new advertiser, the site should be fully funded at least through 2009. This is assuming our current advertiser, DVD Empire, stays with us. If not, we are fully funded at least through 2008.

Finally, the arcade will be reopened to all once the move is complete. Even with the band-aid (additional bandwidth), we are again creeping back up to the point we are about to start exceeding our monthly bandwidth limit. The new host will ensure we have some room to grow in the years to come.

Ash J. Williams
07-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Joy.

Noto
07-09-2007, 01:30 AM
When can I flex my bigger avatar?

Workshed
07-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Killersweet. Have fun with the vacation.