PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Midnite Movie Double Feature

rhett
07-18-2007, 02:38 AM
MGM revives their Midnite Movie line-up in grand style with the release of a number of double feature discs due out this fall. Which one are you most excited about?

DrHerbertWest
07-18-2007, 02:45 AM
All of them. Is this an appropriate response?

KamuiX
07-18-2007, 03:31 AM
All of them, but my VHS versions of Tales/Vault are just screaming to be replaced.

dwatts
07-18-2007, 03:41 AM
I have the R2 of Vault of Horror - but pairing it with Tales from the Crypt is genious.

I hope they use the Uk version of Vault though, since the US version was cut quite badly.

jefff
07-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Tales/Vault. There is no question. Tales has been my most anticipated movie on dvd forever now, and to finally have it is a dvd-dream come true. And to couple it with Vault of Horror? It's an Amicus fans wet dream.

Ash J. Williams
07-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Tales.

It's

Such a great movie.

rxfiend
07-18-2007, 07:11 AM
this poll is incomplete.

the title I'm looking forward to is Konga / Yongary. I can't wait to see Yongary in a nice anamorphic print.

Titles you need to also include are:

RETURN OF DRACULA/THE VAMPIRE
THE BEAST WITH A MILLION EYES/PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES
PHARAOH'S CURSE/CURSE OF THE FACELESS MAN
THE BEAST WITHIN/THE BAT PEOPLE
KONGA/YONGARY, MONSTER FROM THE DEEP

Noto
07-18-2007, 07:28 AM
This is going to be very one-sided. I, of course, voted Tales, but I'm very excited about The Earth Dies Screaming finally getting released.

Go MGM/Fox!

Erick H.
07-18-2007, 07:42 AM
TALES/VAULT,two films I've been wishing for since DVD broke big.Great films.I hope they are both uncut (TALES has a slightly gorier print which sometimes plays on cable,VAULT has always been trimmed a bit Statside as well).

MrKateB
07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm kind of excited about the double of "Chosen Survivors" and "Earth Dies Screaming", even though I know that I'll ultimately be disappointed in "Chosen Survivors" the movie I'm really wanting to see. I've never seen the other.

Beyond that, even though it's not a double disc, probably most excited about "Food of the Gods"...

guess it proves it doesn't take much to make me happy. :)

Gore Lunatic
07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Tales/Vault for me too. But I'll be getting them all of course :D .

satans-sadists
07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I will be buying all of these, but Tales from the Crypt & Vault of Horror top my list. I love Amicus Productions and these are their two most overdue horror anthologies. Never did get to see Vault of Horror uncut. I'm guessing it's the end of the first story that was censored?

Also really looking forward to Witchfinder General, Food of the Gods, and House on Skull Mountain/Mephisto Waltz double feature.

RyanPC
07-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Like most others, I voted for Tales From the Crypt/The Vault of Horror. I've never seen Vault, but I've been waiting for Tales From the Crypt to come out on DVD for so long now.

Luna
07-18-2007, 09:12 PM
I voted for Tales/Vault, but I'm also looking forward to House on Skull Mountain/Mephisto Waltz a lot. I'll probably pick up a couple more too. I already have Man In The Attic on DVD in a double feature with The Cop In Blue Jeans. I wonder how much better this release will look? :D

Workshed
07-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Tales/Vault, but some of these would be first-viewings for me. As we get closer to the releases, I hope people post recommendations.

Hellbilly
07-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I voted Crypt/Vault but by the looks of it I might get them all ... even though I already own The Beast Within, I won't mind double dipping for The Bat People.

onebyone
07-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I refuse to choose between my babies.

Cujo108
07-18-2007, 10:39 PM
The House on Skull Mountain / The Mephisto Waltz . Though I've never seen the former, The Mephisto Waltz is long overdue for a DVD release, and aside from Spellbinder, it's my most wanted Fox title.

That said, I'll be buying most of these.

fceurich39
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Tales.

It's

Such a great movie.

agreed

MorallySound
07-20-2007, 03:32 AM
I voted for the Tales/Vault. Really wanna see Food of the Gods.

Chad
07-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Damn, I completely forgot about all these new ones coming out. And here I just got through buying a bunch of the older (mostly) Vincent Price MM Double features. :eek:

But yeah, gotta go with the overwhelming favorite: Tales/Vault. And I'll probably end up eventually picking them all up as well.

KR~!
07-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Konga / Yongary, Monster From the Deep & Tales From the Crypt / Vault of Horror

spawningblue
05-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Is it better to get the single disc versions of these movies if possible, over the double feature discs, as the double feature discs have two movies on one disc? Is the quality any worse or noticeable?

Ash28M
05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Is it better to get the single disc versions of these movies if possible, over the double feature discs, as the double feature discs have two movies on one disc? Is the quality any worse or noticeable?

If I can remember they are either on 2 discs or its one disk double sided. The quality and the features remained the same.

spawningblue
05-26-2009, 06:47 PM
If I can remember they are either on 2 discs or its one disk double sided. The quality and the features remained the same.

Okay thanks!

Katatonia
05-27-2009, 01:30 AM

They're generally the same exact disc content.

Just be careful for a couple of the later MM "double features" that Fox released. The one with The Beast Within included lacks the film's trailer, while the older single release has it.