PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Death by a Moving Vehicle" Sequence

Hellbilly
11-09-2001, 11:14 PM
...also called roadkill :D

Damn those vehicles, but accidents do happen. Especially in horror movies. So vote for your favorite hit-by-a-vehicle scene.

p.s. thanks to legally "blondy" for the idea.
p.p.s. sorry for the "d" in tragic :(

Cujo108
11-10-2001, 01:17 AM
It was a hard choice because I like most of the scenes on the list, but I went with the Cemetery Man motorcycle/bus scene. That scene was very graphic, and rather took me by surprise. Great scene!

Also, for the record, a really cool one that isn't on the list is when the lovely Jennifer Jason Leigh is torn apart by the diesel in The Hitcher. A classic scene for a classic film. I probably would have picked it had it been on the list.

moogong
11-10-2001, 01:24 AM
I had to vote other because my favorite was not on the list.

I loved it when Ben (Tony Todd) smashed the zombie that was walking towards the farmhouse in Return of the Living Dead 90.
Even after he smashed the zombies legs all the hell it was still trying to get to the house. Quite awesome!!

also, Cage getting hit by the tractor trailer in Pet Cemetary was quite horrifying:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mark Relford
11-10-2001, 03:27 AM
I voted for Final Destination's girl meets bus scene. It gave me a nice jolt. Another good one was from H.G. Lewis' classick, The Gore Gore Girls. The killer's head gets crushed by a passing car.

BFMF_97
11-10-2001, 05:27 AM
I voted for the Prophecy scene mainly because it is the only one that really comes to mind. Just thought that I would point out that "Cage's" should really be spelled as "Gage's". Don't know why but I like to point out stupid crap like that.

Hellbilly
11-10-2001, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by BFMF_97
I voted for the Prophecy scene mainly because it is the only one that really comes to mind. Just thought that I would point out that "Cage's" should really be spelled as "Gage's". Don't know why but I like to point out stupid crap like that.

I know that i fucked up a few words in my poll BFMF, how kind of you for pointing them out to me ;)

Must have been that damn german beer i had last night *burb*
:)

bigdaddyhorse
11-12-2001, 02:33 AM
I went with American Werewolf due to how hard I laughed when I watched the dvd the other day. Was gonna go with Bride of Chucky or Fianl Destination, but couldn't choose. Bride had the edge as it was first, but F.D. made me jump higher.

AceRimRat
11-12-2001, 06:07 AM
I voted for the Maximum Overdrive scene - there are better ones in the movie, I think, but overall, that's got some pretty good ones.

thrashard76
11-12-2001, 06:37 AM
I don't know why but that scene in Deep Red reminded me of some cartoons I had seen. I thought it was very funny how it all played out. I love cartoons and watch them (except Hanna Barbara and Disney, these are too cute!) as much as possible. I like this motodeath best.

rhett
11-12-2001, 07:48 PM
I voted for AWIL, that huge crash scene was savagely funny. Although it is not really horror, I thought the Robocop "splatter-man" car crash was great too! Good poll Hell!

EVIL-SINNER
11-14-2001, 03:08 AM
yeah the kid in pet semetary was fucked up. i also like the scene with the kid on the bike in the toxic avenger.

Peter Vincent
11-14-2001, 06:22 PM
The chick gettin' hit by the bus in Final Destination left me like, "wha..wha...WHAT!?!?!?"

Mouflon
11-14-2001, 06:54 PM
what about the dude getting both his legs cut off by a pair of reversing trucks in Terror Firmer? That was pretty cool :)

Stryffe
11-16-2001, 08:36 PM
I have to think that Brad Pitt's Hood Ornament Impression was pretty damn good in "MEET JOE BLACK". Now THAT was unexpected!!! I mean WHAM! BAM! Just don't flame me because I saw it! :)

Stryffe

moogong
11-16-2001, 08:54 PM
are you sober on ANYTHING you post???:p :p :p

I dont know why this posted here...it was suppose to post after a Hellbilly post on the second page. Weird!!

yxz54
11-16-2001, 09:00 PM
You forgot the train killing in Cat o' Nine Tails. :mad:

Scott

Hellbilly
11-16-2001, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by yxz54
You forgot the train killing in Cat o' Nine Tails. :mad:

Scott

I forgot a lot of good death by vehicle scenes. I just remembered another favorite of mine, the car crash through the shopping window scene in The Kiss :( .

However, i wasn't sober when i did this poll, :D

so pleeeease forgive me :)

Hellbilly
11-16-2001, 09:23 PM
I think your too drunk to post in the right order moo!!!:D :D :D

moogong
11-16-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
I think your too drunk to post in the right order moo!!!:D :D :D

whats the deal with my posts???? why are they in the wrong order??? Mulder!! Scully!!!!

Hellbilly
11-16-2001, 09:38 PM
Somehow the poll forum is screwed up. This whole "death by vehicle" poll should have moved up to the top after our postings but it didn't.

Hellbilly
11-16-2001, 09:39 PM
Aaaah, now it seems to work again.

thrashard76
11-17-2001, 06:05 AM
...more like a death by moving posts...sheesh.

Agent Z
11-18-2001, 07:59 AM
This list reminded me of the Omen series...which had more than its share of vehicular-related mayhem:

1) The infamous beheading in the original Omen.

2) The truck whacking the Hell out of the lady whose eyes were just bird-clawed out in Omen 2.

3) The train car mashing....also in Omen 2.