PDA

View Full Version : Best Bava Flick

Andrew
11-10-2001, 05:35 AM
Aight, so which (of what's here) is your fave?

I had to go with Blood and Black Lace. Awesome, awesome movie.

Erg0n
11-10-2001, 06:19 PM
Black Sabbath, the camera work in that film is phenominal. Pretty cool

i also liked black sunday which would be my second choice

Cujo108
11-10-2001, 08:50 PM
Lisa and the Devil has always been my favorite Bava film, so I obviously chose it. It is a wonderful, bizarre, atmospheric masterpiece in my opinion. Easily one of the best Eurohorror films ever made. All of Bava's films rule, but this one is his greatest!

Hellbilly
11-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Bava made a few classic flicks but i voted for Shock. Very underrated.

maybrick
11-11-2001, 02:04 AM
I don't understand, ergOn. If you think Black Sabbath is the best, why didn't you vote for it?

I chose Blood and Black Lace as well. Outstanding work of art and slightly ahead of it's time.

maybrick
11-11-2001, 02:07 AM
Personally, I'm a bigger fan of Danger: Diabolik than Blood and Black Lace, but it wasn't on the list. Probably because it's not really a horror film.

Yowie
11-11-2001, 05:03 AM
"Black Sabbath", no question. (Cool band too, by the way !.) I love the story with the ring and the dead woman ("Dripping Water"), it contains some of the creepiest scenes ever filmed.

Erg0n
11-11-2001, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by maybrick
I don't understand, ergOn. If you think Black Sabbath is the best, why didn't you vote for it?

I did vote for Black sabbath, I just stated that my second choice would be black sunday, if you can vote twice.

maybrick
11-11-2001, 04:19 PM
The graph shows only one person voted for Black Sabbath, yet both ErgOn and Yowie say they voted for it. There's a discrepancy, that's why I asked.

Jason25
11-11-2001, 09:19 PM
Black Sunday

Andrew
11-12-2001, 09:55 PM
Just lettin' you know:

I saw Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, and Knives of the Avenger in KEEPCASES at Best Buy, so that's probably gonna be everywhere now with the Image discs. I was wondering when it was gonna happen.

I think I'm gonna switch my Black Sunday.

mac-hammer-fan
11-13-2001, 10:10 PM
"The Whip and the Body" is my favourite.
But "Kill Baby Kill" and "Black Sunday" come very close.
I loved all the others that you mentioned too.

I just ordered "Planet of the Vampires" but I didn't have the time to watch it yet.
And I didn't see Five Dolls for an August Moon (1970).
Can anyone recommend this one?

Dark Lord
11-14-2001, 08:35 AM
Tough choice here, Black Sunday is very beautiful with great cinematography and of course Barbara Steele, but my vote goes for Bay Of Blood, it is so incredible. Near perfection. Don't want to be rude for any Bava fan, but I truly think Bava never did a masterpiece, only great film but never masterpiece.

skinnypuppy6
11-15-2001, 02:30 AM
hmm....... I liked 5 dolls alott but it wasnt on the list so I'll say damn I cant make up my mind black sabbath,twitch of the death nerve,black sunday and andrew is stupid;)

Shokk
01-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Blood and Black Lace is my favorite.Just an awesome giallo,from the killer to the lighting/atmosphere/score everything is top notch.Black Sunday and Twitch Of The Death Nerve would come in second and third.Hell..i love all of Mario Bava's films though.

badnewsbrown
01-01-2006, 06:34 AM

Gore Lunatic
01-01-2006, 07:46 AM
I love all of Bava's films. I voted for Blood And Black Lace because I watch that film the most out of his other films. Lisa And The Devil & Twitch Of The Death Nerve come close.

Erick H.
01-01-2006, 07:52 AM
A wealth of titles to pick from,but I voted for BLACK SUNDAY,it has fantasic atmoshere.The "DROP OF WATER" segment of BLACK SABBATH ,though,probably scared me more as a child ,and its still very creepy.Theres a lot to love in Bava's work,and I'm glad to see so many people appreciate that !

Shannafey
01-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I keep watching Bava films, but keep getting unimpressed. The only ones I truly like are Twitch of the Death Nerve, Black Sabbath and to a degree Black Sunday.

David Lo Pan
01-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Having seen them all it's still really tough to choose one horror flick Lisa and the Devil, Blood and Black Lace, & Black Sunday would have to be my top three contenders.
Actually my top two favorite Bava's are Diabolik (obviously) and Rabid Dogs, which I highly, highly, recommend.

Spitfire
02-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Blood and Black Lace is thus far my favorite, still watching.

Any reviews on Planet of the Vampires?

I saw a clip on youtube and ordered it right away!