PDA

View Full Version : HD-DVD & Blu-Ray Bargains

Reverenddave
10-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Second Spin (http://www.secondspin.com) has a 25% Off coupon that's good until 9/4. The coupon code is:

25off928

Do a search under "Buy DVDs By Title" for "blu ray" or "hd". Here's some good prices before discount:

Goodfellas (HD) - $11.99
Ice Age: The Meltdown (BR) - $13.29
Last Samurai (HD) - $13.49
Phantom Of The Opera (HD) - $14.99
Saw III (BR) - $15.19
Silent Hill (BR) - $17.09
Stealth (BR) - $13.49
Swordfish (HD) - $15.29
Talladega Nights (BR) - $11.39
Training Day (HD) - $13.59
Troy (HD) - $13.49
Underworld: Evolution (BR) - $17.09
xXx (BR) - $14.99

Plus there's more HD/BR discs in the $17-$18 range (before 25% discount).

Reverenddave
10-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Warner Home Video (http://whv.warnerbros.com/) has a 25% Off coupon and Free Shipping for orders over $50. You can find the HD titles by clicking on Advanced Search and checking either the HD-DVD or Blu Ray box.

A word of warning. Many people are unhappy with the Warner store. Customer service is poor, they don't answer emails (you'll need to call them), and there are bad shipping delays. But if you're willing to wait and put up with bad service, there are some really good deals.

http://whv.warnerbros.com/
COUPON CODE - CTBM

Here's some prices after discount:

$14.96
2001: A Space Odyssey
Batman Begins (HD)
Clockwork Orange
Constantine (HD)
Corpse Bride
Eyes Wide Shut
Forbidden Planet (HD)
Full Metal Jacket
Gothika
House of Wax
Omega Man (BR)
Road Warrior
A Scanner Darkly
The Shining
Superman
Superman II
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Twilight Zone: The Movie
V for Vendetta (HD)
The Wicker Man

$17.21
Harry Potter (individual releases)

$20.21
300 (BR)
The Fountain
Lady In The Water
Pan's Labyrinth
The Reaping (BR)
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Superman Returns

$22.46
300 (HD)
Blade Runner: Collector's Edition
The Reaping (HD)

$44.96
Smallville: Season Five (HD)
Smallville: Season Six

$59.96
Blade Runner: Ultimate Edition
Complete Matrix Trilogy

$83.21
Harry Potter 1-5 Box Set

Reverenddave
10-06-2007, 07:32 PM
DVD Planet (http://www.dvdplanet.com) has the best prices on the Anchor Bay BluRay discs ($17.95 each). If you order over $25 you get FREE SHIPPING. And there are some coupons for October.

OCT2007 - $5 Off $60
HALLOW2007 - $7 Off $80
PREOCT2007 - $10 Off $125
OCTUSED2007 - 10% Off $50 (Used DVDs Only)

KamuiX
10-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the Warner store info...just ordered all of the Kubrick discs, TZ: The Movie and the Planet Earth set. I have enough stuff to watch, I can wait for 'em :)

Reverenddave
10-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Circuit City has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer on the following titles this week. The offer is In-Store Only:

$24.99
The Patriot
House Of Flying Daggers
Secret Window
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Into The Blue
Black Hawk Down
Layer Cake

$29.99
Underworld: Evolution
Ultraviolet
Vacancy
The Messengers
The Covenant
Silent Hill
Monster House

Reverenddave
10-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Next week (starting 10/14), Best Buy will have a Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on the following titles ($29.99 each):

Invincible
Chicken Little
Wild Hogs
Eight Below
POTC 1 and 2
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Lookout
Pearl Harbor
Apocolypto
Deja Vu
Guardian
The Prestige
Enemy of the State

othervoice1
10-09-2007, 11:43 PM
these buy 2 get 1 free and buy 1 get 1 free deals- are they blu ray , hd dvd or both?

Reverenddave
10-09-2007, 11:51 PM
The two Best Buy and Circuit City offers are Blu Ray. All those discs are Blu Ray exclusives.

othervoice1
10-10-2007, 12:11 AM
several of them i knew were exclusive which is why i wondered- buy 1 get one free is a pretty decent deal depending on which you want

Reverenddave
10-10-2007, 03:28 AM
DVD Planet (http://www.dvdplanet.com) has some HD-DVD for $17.97. There's FREE SHIPPING for orders over $25 and some coupons listed above.

Warriors
Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow
Manchurian Candidate
Coming To America
Sahara
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Four Brothers
Failure To Launch
Untouchables
Black Rain
Aeon Flux
Trading Places
Italian Job
Sleepy Hollow
We Were Soldiers
Hustle & Flow
Payback
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible II
US Rattle & Hum

Nemesis
10-10-2007, 09:46 AM
those are some awesome deals.. makes me wish BluRay wasn't so region dependent.. if i could get a region free player i'd pick some of these up in a flash

Reverenddave
10-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Here's some recent price drops on BluRays at Amazon:

King Arthur (Director's Cut) $15.95 from 19.95
Dinosaur $20.95 from 23.95
The Guardian $20.95 from 23.95
Rocky Balboa $24.95 from 26.95

And here's some $17.95 BluRays at Amazon:

Big Fish
Black Hawk Down
House Of Flying Daggers
Into The Blue
Italian Job
A Knight's Tale
Kung Fu Hustle
Stealth
xXx

Reverenddave
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
FRYS (aka Outpost.com) (http://www.outpost.com) is having a sale on some BluRays and HD-DVDs. Shipping is around $6 for the first item, but it goes up in very small increments for additional items. I just ordered and the shipping was only $6.64 for 10 discs.

$9.99 BLURAYS
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Fifth Element
Replacement Killers
A Few Good Men
Memoirs of a Geisha
Underworld
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
House of Flying Daggers
Hitch
Immortal Beloved
King Fu Hustle
Tears of the Sun
Layer Cake
Curse of the Golden Flower
Donnie Brasco
Blackhawk Down
Hellboy
Wild Things
The Patriot

$13.50 HD-DVD
Failure To Launch
Top Gun
The Warriors
Untouchables
Trading Places
Hustle & Flow
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible II
Black Rain
Manchurian Candidate
We Were Soldiers
Sky Captain & World Of Tomorrow
U2 Rattle & Hum
Aeon Flux
Italian Job
Sleepy Hollow
Four Brothers

Other good prices:

Evil Dead II (BluRay) - $16.99
Dawn Of The Dead (BluRay) - $17.99
Secret Window (BluRay) - $15.99

Reverenddave
10-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Amazon is having a Buy One Get One FREE Sale on Disney BluRays.

Here's a list of titles by price:

$15.95
King Arthur (Director's Cut)

$19.95
Remember the Titans
Finding Neverland
G.I. Jane
The Haunted Mansion
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

$20.95
The Guardian
Dinosaur

$23.95
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Mel Gibson's Apocalypto
Wild Hogs
Pearl Harbor
Deja Vu
Bridge to Terabithia
The Prestige
Chicken Little
Chicago
Reign of Fire
Eight Below
Flightplan
The Wild
Roving Mars
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Gone in 60 Seconds
Enemy of the State
The Lookout
Sky High
Primeval
Ladder 49
The Brothers Grimm
The Great Raid
Dark Water
Goal! The Dream Begins
Glory Road
Casanova
Annapolis

$27.95
Invincible

Reverenddave
10-14-2007, 11:14 PM
BestBuy.com is have a $14.99 Sale on some BluRay titles. I don't know if the prices are also good in-store.

$14.99
Black Hawk Down
House of Flying Daggers
Kung Fu Hustle
Into the Blue
The Terminator
The Patriot
AC/DC: Live at Donington
Hitch
Memento
Stealth
Hellboy
Tears of the Sun
S.W.A.T.
XXX
The Fifth Element
Donnie Brasco
A Few Good Men
Identity
Big Fish
Layer Cake
50 First Dates
A Knight's Tale
The Replacement Killers
Flatliners
Vertical Limit
Memoirs of a Geisha
Immortal Beloved
Cruel Intentions
Wild Things

KamuiX
10-15-2007, 05:27 AM
The buy one-get one at Amazon.com is annoying me a bit...looking to get both of the Pirates films, yet since they ship from 2 different locations, it's not subtracting the price of one. I stuck 2 other titles in there that ship from the same place, and it DOES take the price of one off. Hopefully they fix this...

Reverenddave
10-15-2007, 07:03 AM
The buy one-get one at Amazon.com is annoying me a bit...looking to get both of the Pirates films, yet since they ship from 2 different locations, it's not subtracting the price of one. I stuck 2 other titles in there that ship from the same place, and it DOES take the price of one off. Hopefully they fix this...

I've seen that type of error happen before at Amazon. Their customer service is pretty good. If you have space on your credit card, I'd suggest placing the order, then emailing or calling and have them deduct the difference or refund your credit card if they've already charged. Their customer service has a new feature where you can get an instant callback from a live person.

Reverenddave
10-15-2007, 07:07 AM
By the way, if anyone's planning on ordering from this Amazon B1G1 sale, place your order as soon as possible.

The last big HD sale at Amazon (Buy 2 Get 1 Free) was so popular they ended the sale after 2-3 days without any notice. That sale was scheduled to last 3 weeks, but they got slammed with orders.

KamuiX
10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Went ahead and ordered some of the Blu-Ray's on sale at Amazon (of course tossed in a few more than just the 2 Pirates films :p), and they fixed the error and refunded my card within an hour. So if anyone else encounters the same problem, fear not. The deal is pretty nice too...ordered 6 discs, and it comes out to about $12 per film, which is damn awesome :D

X-human
10-16-2007, 02:41 AM
It looks like Circuit City is having a 50% Off and/or Buy One Get On Free sale on both Blu-rays and HD-DVDs under $29.99. It seems to be strangely set in the computer so it depends on the store that you go to.

I'm going to try and dig up some Fox titles, hopefully this isn't a glitch they'll fix any time soon.

othervoice1
10-16-2007, 04:49 AM
It looks like Circuit City is having a 50% Off and/or Buy One Get On Free sale on both Blu-rays and HD-DVDs under $29.99. It seems to be strangely set in the computer so it depends on the store that you go to.

I'm going to try and dig up some Fox titles, hopefully this isn't a glitch they'll fix any time soon.

So is this advertised somewhere or is this just a computer glitch they have you somehow found out about?

X-human
10-16-2007, 04:58 AM
^ It's not advertised, and in fact most employees don't even know about it. You'll only see it when it's scanned up at the register. One person reportedly had to insist it was true even after it didn't scan at half price and a manager had to search the computer but eventually did find it. One store has reportedly refused to do it at all. So it's a bit of a gamble and may very well be a glitch that could be fixed at any time.

KamuiX
10-19-2007, 03:15 AM
BestBuy.com is have a $14.99 Sale on some BluRay titles. I don't know if the prices are also good in-store.

$14.99
Black Hawk Down
House of Flying Daggers
Kung Fu Hustle
Into the Blue
The Terminator
The Patriot
AC/DC: Live at Donington
Hitch
Memento
Stealth
Hellboy
Tears of the Sun
S.W.A.T.
XXX
The Fifth Element
Donnie Brasco
A Few Good Men
Identity
Big Fish
Layer Cake
50 First Dates
A Knight's Tale
The Replacement Killers
Flatliners
Vertical Limit
Memoirs of a Geisha
Immortal Beloved
Cruel Intentions
Wild Things

I can confirm these are in-store as well...I picked up The Terminator and Layer Cake earlier tonight, and saw most of the above. I'm sure the sale is through Saturday. I might go back and pick up a couple more before it's over.

othervoice1
10-19-2007, 03:58 AM
someone i work with that has a blu ray player said he bought blackhawk down for half price today at best buy- so those prices must be in store also-

X-human
10-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Frys.com has many Blu-ray discs for $9.99, I believe it's only select Sony and Disney titles.

Reverenddave
10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
The UK BluRay of The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7001000128274) is on sale at SendIt.com for £10.89 (about $26 shipped to the USA). It's region free.

They have more Sony BluRays on sale for 60% Off, but the other titles are all available in the USA for less.

http://www.sendit.com/dvd/list/0710_sonybluray

Here's info on the disc:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=3576

Reverenddave
10-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Wal-Mart stores are going to be selling the Toshiba HD-A2 Player for $198. This will also include the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=515358

Reverenddave
10-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Circuit City is selling the Toshiba HD-A2 Player (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Toshiba-HD-DVD-Player-HDA2/sem/rpsm/oid/169466/catOid/-17261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do) instore and online for $198 shipped. This includes the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

To sweeten the deal there's a $40 Off $199 coupon (instore-only) here:

http://www.divshare.com/download/2192159-6c9

Or, you can buy a 10% Off $199 coupon on eBay for around $2. Just do a search for "circuit city coupon".

othervoice1
10-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Just an FYI seed of chucky got a pretty good review
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1038/seedofchucky.html

KamuiX
10-27-2007, 03:04 AM
I'll probably wait until the A3 is available at a little cheaper price to jump onto HD-DVD, since the A2 doesn't do 1080p. Plus, right now I'm pretty content with just having Blu-Ray.

Reverenddave
10-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Wal-Mart is having a 2 For $25 Sale on Buena Vista BluRays.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7966201

othervoice1
10-27-2007, 06:36 PM
when is HD DVD gonna have some of these sales- They had the chance to blow blu ray away last week with Transformers but instead it seems blu-ray overall sales still eeked out ahead last week due to all their buy one get one free sales that week- smart move on their part to steal some of HD DVD's thunder (darn you blu ray!)

Reverenddave
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I love this format war. Competition leads to higher quality and lower prices.

I think there's gonna be some insane sales this holiday season.

KamuiX
10-27-2007, 11:54 PM
when is HD DVD gonna have some of these sales- They had the chance to blow blu ray away last week with Transformers but instead it seems blu-ray overall sales still eeked out ahead last week due to all their buy one get one free sales that week- smart move on their part to steal some of HD DVD's thunder (darn you blu ray!)

Come to the blu-side :p

Regurgitate
10-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Come to the blu-side :p

Be purple. :D

Reverenddave
10-29-2007, 12:08 PM
There's a rumor going around that Sears will have the Toshiba HD-A3 for $169.99 on Black Friday (5am - Noon). I'm pretty sure that model includes 2 HD-DVDs in the box (300 and Bourne Identity) and will also have the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

Reverenddave
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Amazon has the Toshiba HD-A2 Player for $197.99 shipped. Plus you get the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

That makes 3 stores with Wal-Mart and Circuit City both offering the same player for under $200.

Reverenddave
10-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Check out Monoprice.com (http://www.monoprice.com) for cheap HDMI cables and switchers. You can get HDMI cables for around $5 and an HDMI switch for under $20.

If you're buying a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray player, you'll probably need some new cables. I don't think any players come with an HDMI cable. The cables at Monoprice are just as good as the expensive ones.

X-human
10-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Amazon has new pricing on Fox titles:

28 Weeks Later [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
AVP - Alien Vs. Predator [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Chain Reaction [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Edward Scissorhands [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer [Blu-Ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Flight of the Phoenix [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Ice Age - The Meltdown [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Live Free or Die Hard [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
Robocop [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
The Day After Tomorrow [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%
The Simpsons Movie [Blu-ray] $23.95 Savings of 40.1%

Die Hard Collection (Die Hard/ Die Hard 2 - Die Harder/ Die Hard with a Vengeance/ Live Free or Die Hard) [Blu-ray] $82.95

So these are finally down about the same price as their colleagues, though catalog titles are still a few bucks more.

KamuiX
10-31-2007, 09:06 PM
There's a rumor going around that Sears will have the Toshiba HD-A3 for $169.99 on Black Friday (5am - Noon). I'm pretty sure that model includes 2 HD-DVDs in the box (300 and Bourne Identity) and will also have the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

Will have to keep an eye out for this.

And thanks for the heads-up on the FOX price-drops at Amazon...been waiting for a decent price on 28 Weeks Later.

othervoice1
10-31-2007, 11:54 PM
I think Amazon is having some sort of sell on HD-DVD's - and it was announced that Kmart will sell HD DVD players exclusively now- going to be an interesting holiday season - Warner may be mulling over a decision right now to maybe support just one format that could be huge in this format war

KamuiX
11-01-2007, 04:26 AM
I think Amazon is having some sort of sell on HD-DVD's - and it was announced that Kmart will sell HD DVD players exclusively now- going to be an interesting holiday season - Warner may be mulling over a decision right now to maybe support just one format that could be huge in this format war

Yeah, but won't K-Mart still sell PS3's?? So you could still get a Blu-Ray player seemingly. Although if they're only selling HD-DVD players, I highly doubt you'd be able to get Blu-Ray movies. The Wal-Mart near me pretty much has all Blu-Ray discs, and only a handful of HD-DVD discs.

If Warner indeed picks, and does so with HD-DVD, I'll be highly annoyed. That is of course unless that Black Friday Sears rumor turns out to be true :D

othervoice1
11-01-2007, 05:20 AM
I am hearing one of their top execs "seemed" to hint if they went one way it might be blu-ray- I have the HD-DVD addon for my xbox 360 (I primarily like HD-DVD) but have just gotten a used PS3 on ebay for pretty cheap (I am still very mad at Sony for not upscaling all 720p games to 1080i like the xbox 360 does since my tv only supports 1080i and 420p) - my plan is to not buy any blu ray or HD-DVD movies and only rent what I want to watch from netflix until there seems to be a pretty clear winner - personally I am to the point I dont care who wins- just be nice if someone would- course the flip side is they are forcing each other to lower prices and submit a better product

X-human
11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't give a second thought to any rumors about Warner going either way. It's just not worth speculating about.

KR~!
11-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, but won't K-Mart still sell PS3's?? So you could still get a Blu-Ray player seemingly. Although if they're only selling HD-DVD players, I highly doubt you'd be able to get Blu-Ray movies. The Wal-Mart near me pretty much has all Blu-Ray discs, and only a handful of HD-DVD discs.

If Warner indeed picks, and does so with HD-DVD, I'll be highly annoyed. That is of course unless that Black Friday Sears rumor turns out to be true :D

it appears to be true, also Walmart will unleash HD-DVD players for less than $100 ($99 or $98 dollars) for THIS FRIDAY ONLY.

So...

yeah

Reverenddave
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Wal-Mart will be selling the Toshiba HD-A2 Player for $98.87 tomorrow.

They will also have some HD-DVD titles priced at $14.96

Only a week after dropping the price of Toshiba's entry-level HD DVD player to $198, Wal-Mart has revealed more plans to help push HD DVD this holiday season.

Designed to tie in with the launch of the new campaign, this Friday at 8am, select Wal-Mart stores will be knocking yet another $100 off the cost of Toshiba's HD-A2 HD DVD player, offering the player for just $98 as one of five "Secret In-Store Specials."

Alongside the player, the retailer will also be offering three HD DVD titles ('12 Monkeys,' 'The Big Lebowski' and 'Blood Diamond') for just 14.96 a piece.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Toshiba/Wal-Mart/HD_DVD_Takes_Centerstage_at_Wal-Mart/1131

Reverenddave
11-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Warner Home Video (http://whv.warnerbros.com/) has a 25% Off coupon and Free Shipping for orders over $50. You can find the HD titles by clicking on Advanced Search and checking either the HD-DVD or Blu Ray box.

A word of warning. Many people are unhappy with the Warner store. Customer service is poor, they don't answer emails (you'll need to call them), and there are bad shipping delays. But if you're willing to wait and put up with bad service, there are some really good deals.

http://whv.warnerbros.com/
NOVEMBER COUPON CODE - NVBM

Here's some prices after discount:

$14.96
2001: A Space Odyssey
Batman Begins (HD)
Clockwork Orange
Constantine (HD)
Corpse Bride
Eyes Wide Shut
Forbidden Planet (HD)
Full Metal Jacket
Gothika
House of Wax
Omega Man (BR)
Road Warrior
A Scanner Darkly
The Shining
Superman
Superman II
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Twilight Zone: The Movie
V for Vendetta (HD)
The Wicker Man

$17.21
Harry Potter (individual releases)

$20.21
300 (BR)
The Fountain
Lady In The Water
Pan's Labyrinth
The Reaping (BR)
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Superman Returns

$22.46
300 (HD)
Blade Runner: Collector's Edition
The Reaping (HD)

$44.96
Smallville: Season Five (HD)
Smallville: Season Six

$59.96
Blade Runner: Ultimate Edition
Complete Matrix Trilogy

$83.21
Harry Potter 1-5 Box Set

X-human
11-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Amazon.com has dropped the price of the Spider-Man boxset down to $60.95 to match Best Buy's price. But for anyone like me who has the 10% discount this makes the set $54.95.

Because this was done after the street date Amazon's not automatically matching the price for those that pre-ordered. Thankfully mine hadn't shipped yet so I canceled it and ordered again to get the lower price.

Reverenddave
11-03-2007, 01:38 PM
You don't have to cancel and place a new order at Amazon. Just email them within 30 days of when it was shipped and they'll adjust the price or refund your credit card.

Check out this site:

http://www.priceprotectr.com/

It's free and very easy to use. I've been using it for the last 2 months now, and it's gotten me about $10 in refunds so far.

X-human
11-05-2007, 05:56 AM
^ Well it had been sitting on order for awhile after release date, and my %10 off hadn't even been applied yet because I placed my order so early. I'd have to wait for the order to ship before I could get the refund. It was either type up a whole paragraph about what was wrong with the order and wait for a response after it shipped or just cancel it and get what I want doing the work myself. I'm a do it yourself'er.

I got a shipping notice of my order a few hours later, I doubt it would have shipped then if I hadn't of replaced my order.

Reverenddave
11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat135100050035) has the Toshiba HD-A3 Player + 10 HD-DVD discs on sale for $199.

This comes with two HD-DVD discs inside the box (300 and Bourne Identity). It also includes 3 Free HD-DVD discs (I think it's limited to discs under $35 each). And it includes the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

This is a pretty good deal if you missed out on the $99 player.

Reverenddave
11-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Amazon has the following HD-DVDs on sale for $16.49 each (45% Off):

Big Lebowski
12 Monkeys
Casino
Backdraft
Doom
Seabiscuit

Reverenddave
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
JR.com (http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/Movie05/) is having a sale on Blu-Ray movies. Most are priced between $12.99 - $15.99 and you need to buy at least 2 discs. Shipping is $3 for the first disc and $1 for each additional one.

Here's a few Horror prices:

$12.99
Secret Window
Hostel
Underworld
Identity
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Hollow Man

$15.99
Saw
Saw II
American Psycho
House Of 1000 Corpses
Devil's Rejects
Stir Of Echoes
Dark Water
Primeval
Vacancy
Underworld: Evolution
Silent Hill
The Messengers
The Covenant

$19.99
The Descent
Saw III

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/Movie05/

X-human
11-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Amazon.com's having a Buy One Get One Free Sale on Sony (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/002-3863764-0658438?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000161701&plpage=1) and Disney (http://amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5839872_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000161681&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0KV7HSJ4G95QT05NWJVB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=324339201&pf_rd_i=193640011) Blu-ray discs. You can't mix and match Sony and Disney movies though.

DeepDiscount is also having a B1G1F sale on Disney Blu-ray. (http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---Disney-Blu-ray-BOGO_stcVVcatId492067VVviewcat.htm?promoCode=BOGOD ISBR)

X-human
11-13-2007, 06:43 AM
So I decide to do the B1G1F with Vacancy and Ghost Rider when I see that Vacancy has $2 off with Masters of Horror Volume 3. So Here's the math:

Subtotal of Items: $73.85
Shipping & Handling: $4.96
Best Value Savings -$2.00
Promotion Applied -$7.39
Super Saver Discount -$4.96
Promotion Applied -$26.95
Total for this Order: $37.51

Three Blu-ray discs for less than $40 bucks. Sweet.

X-human
11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Sony, yes Sony, is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale themselves (http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluraymailoffer/). If you buy two of the twelve listed between 10/28 and 12/15 at any store anywhere you get to mail in for one of the remaining twelve for free (plus $2.99 S&H).

I've ordered Ghost Rider from the Amazon sale. I'm thinking about getting Casino Royale, so I've got till the December to see if I can get a deal and perhaps then get another Blu-ray for 3 bucks.

Reverenddave
11-16-2007, 01:52 PM
FRYS.com (http://www.frys.com) has a couple Blu-Rays on sale for $10 each. Mostly the same titles that have been on sale the past couple weeks. Shipping is steep for the first title (around $6), but it doesn't increase much for additional discs. I've gotten 10 discs shipped for around $6.50.

Bram Stoker's Dracula [Blu-Ray]
The Fifth Element (Re-Mastered)[Blu-Ray]
The Replacement Killers [Blu-Ray]
A Few Good Men [Blu-Ray]
Underworld [Blu-Ray]
Memoirs of a Geisha [Blu-Ray]
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within [Blu-Ray]
The Patriot [Blu-Ray]
Wild Things [Blu-Ray]
Hellboy [Blu-Ray]
Donnie Brasco [Blu-Ray]
Curse of the Golden Flower [Blu-Ray]
Layer Cake [Blu-Ray]
Tears of the Sun [Blu-Ray]
Black Hawk Down [Blu-Ray]
Resident Evil: Apocalypse [Blu-Ray]
The House of Flying Daggers [Blu-Ray]
Kung Fu Hustle [Blu-Ray]
Stealth [Blu-Ray]

Reverenddave
11-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Amazon has the Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD Player + 10 discs for $199.

You get to pick 3 HD-DVD titles from the list below, plus you get 300 and Bourne Identity in the box and the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

Hot Fuzz (Combo)
The Departed (Combo)
Top Gun
Face Off
The Big Lebowski
Pride and Prejudice (2006)
Shooter
Knocked Up
The Shining
Goodfellas
The Last Starfighter
Letters from Iwo Jima (Combo)
The Phantom of the Opera
Casino
The Fountain (combo)
Dragonheart
Meet Joe Black
Rio Bravo
The Searchers
Happy Feet (combo)
A Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut
Blades of Glory

Reverenddave
11-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Amazon has some Universal HD-DVDs on sale for 47% Off.

$15.99
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
The Deer Hunter
Pitch Black
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Hulk
Waterworld
Daylight
Spartacus
Meet the Parents
The Nutty Professor
End of Days
Mercury Rising
Unleashed

$18.49
Friday Night Lights
Assault on Precinct 13
Jarhead
Van Helsing
U-571

Reverenddave
11-22-2007, 04:57 PM
AmazonUK is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Blu-Ray Sale (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000124583). Most of the prices are higher than US prices, but there are a couple titles that haven't been released yet in the USA.

Some of the blu-rays might be region coded. But I know that a few of them are Region Free. I can personally confirm that Exorcism Of Emily Rose and Thirteen Ghosts are playable on USA PS3's.

Check here for region code info:

http://bluray.liesinc.net/

LIST OF TITLES:

Spider-Man 3 [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)
Our Price: £17.98

Casino Royale [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)
Our Price: £17.97

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (30th Anniversary Ulitmate Edition) [Blu-ray] [1977] (1977)
Our Price: £15.97

Open Season [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Black Hawk Down [Blu-ray] [2001] (2001)
Our Price: £13.98

Bram Stoker's Dracula [Blu-ray] [1992]

Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within [Blu-ray] [2001] (2001)

Kung Fu Hustle [Blu-ray] [2005] (2005)
Our Price: £11.48

Layer Cake [Blu-ray] [2004] (2004)

Resident Evil 2 - Apocalypse [Blu-ray] [2004] (2004)

Hostel Part II [Blu-ray] [2007]

The Pursuit Of Happyness [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Ghost Rider [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)

A Knight's Tale [Blu-ray] [2001] (2001)

Hollow Man [Blu-ray] [2000]

Talladega Nights - The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Hostel [Blu-ray] [2005]

Hellboy [Blu-ray] [2004] (2004)

Flatliners [Blu-ray] [1990] (1990)

Vacancy [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)

Tears Of The Sun [Blu-ray] [2003] (2003)

Big Fish [Blu-ray] [2003] (2003)

Perfect Stranger [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)

Thirteen Ghosts [Blu-ray] [2001] (2001)

Into The Blue [Blu-ray] [2005] (2005)

The Patriot [Blu-ray] [2000] (2000)

Vertical Limit [Blu-ray] [2000] (2000)
Our Price: £16.97

Ultraviolet [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Closer [Blu-ray] [2004] (2004)

RV [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Monster House [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose [Blu-ray] [2005] (2005)

All The King's Men [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Identity [Blu-ray] [2003] (2003)

S.W.A.T. [Blu-ray] [2003] (2003)

Cruel Intentions [Blu-ray] [1999] (1999)

Click [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Stealth [Blu-ray] [2005] (2005)

Hitch [Blu-ray] [2005] (2005)

XXX [Blu-ray] [2002] (2002)

The Covenant [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Stranger Than Fiction [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Reign Over Me [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)

Are We Done Yet? [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)
Our Price: £21.97

The Replacement Killers [Blu-ray] [1997]

Gridiron Gang [Blu-ray] [2006] (2006)

Stomp The Yard [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)
Our Price: £20.97

50 First Dates [Blu-ray] [2004] (2004)

Gothika [Blu-ray] [2003] (2003)

Secret Window [Blu-ray] [2004] (2004)

Catch And Release [Blu-ray] [2007] (2007)

The Big Hit [Blu-ray] [1998]

Reverenddave
11-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Amazon is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale on HD-DVDs.

2 Fast 2 Furious - 19.95
300 (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - 27.95
A Christmas Story - 19.95
A Mighty Heart - 27.95
A Scanner Darkly - 19.95
Accepted - 27.95
Alexander Revisited - The Final Cut - 19.95
Apollo 13 - 19.95
Battle of the Bulge - 19.95
Beerfest (Unrated) - 19.95
Black Christmas (Unrated) - 19.95
Black Rain (Special Collector's Edition) - 19.95
Black Snake Moan - 25.95
Blood Diamond - 19.95
Caddyshack - 19.95
Casablanca - 19.95
Children of Men (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - 27.95
Clerks II (HD DVD) - 19.95
Coming to America - 19.95
Derailed (Unrated) - 19.95
Disturbia - 27.95
Dreamgirls (Two-Disc Showstopper Edition) - 26.95
Dune (1984) - 19.95
Excalibur - 19.95
Face Off - 24.95
Failure to Launch - 19.95
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (HD DVD & DVD Combo) - 23.95
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (HD DVD) - 19.95
Feast (Unrated) - 19.95
Firewall (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - 27.95
Flags of Our Fathers (Two-Disc Special Edition) - 27.95
Forbidden Planet - 19.95
Four Brothers - 19.95
Freedom Writers - 27.95
Full Metal Jacket - 19.95
Gods and Generals - 19.95
Good Night, and Good Luck (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - 27.95
Grand Prix - 19.95
Harsh Times - 19.95
House of Wax - 19.95
How The Grinch Stole Christmas - 23.95
Hustle and Flow - 19.95
Jet Li's Fearless (HD DVD Combo Format) - 27.95
King Kong - 26.95
Land of the Dead (Combo Format: HD DVD & DVD) - 23.95
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider - 19.95
Lethal Weapon 2 - 19.95
Lucky Number Slevin (HD DVD) - 19.95
March of the Penguins - 19.95
Miami Vice (HD-DVD Unrated + Rated DVD Combo) - 27.95
Million Dollar Baby - 19.95
Mission - Impossible II (Special Collectors Edition) - 19.95
Mission Impossible (Special Collector's Edition) - 19.95
Music and Lyrics (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - 27.95
Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) - 19.95
Nacho Libre - 27.95
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - 19.95
Norbit - 27.95
Payback - Straight Up - The Director's Cut - 19.95
Pulse - 19.95
Red Dragon (HD DVD) - 19.95
Reds (25th Anniversary Edition) - 24.95
Sahara - 19.95
Scary Movie 4 - 19.95
School for Scoundrels - 19.95
Serenity - 19.95
Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow - 19.95
Sleepy Hollow - 19.95
Sneakers - 19.95
Superman - The Movie - 19.95
Swordfish - 19.95
Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines - 19.95
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Unrated Special Edition) - 19.95
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) - 19.95
The Ant Bully (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - 27.95
The Best of HD DVD, Volume One (Lethal Weapon / The Road Warrior / Swordfish / Training Day) - 58.95
The Best of HD DVD, Volume Three (Blazing Saddles / The Departed / GoodFellas / Superman - The Movie) - 58.95
The Best of HD DVD, Volume Two (The Last Samurai / The Phantom of the Opera / Unforgiven / The Fugitive) - 58.95
The Bourne Identity - 19.95
The Bourne Supremacy - 23.95
The Breakfast Club - 23.95
The Chronicles of Riddick - 19.95
The Cowboys - 19.95
The Dukes of Hazzard (Unrated) - 19.95
The Last Samurai - 19.95
The Manchurian Candidate - 19.95
The Matador - 19.95
The Mummy - 19.95
The Mummy Returns - 19.95
The Road Warrior - 19.95
The Rundown - 23.95
The Scorpion King - 23.95
The Warriors (The Ultimate Director's Cut) - 19.95
The Wicker Man (2006) (Rated and Unrated) - 19.95
The Wild Bunch - 19.95
Trading Places (Special Collector's Edition) - 19.95
Traffic (HD DVD) - 19.95
Troy - 19.95
Under Siege - 19.95
V for Vendetta - 19.95
Viva Las Vegas - 19.95
We Are Marshall (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) - 27.95
We Were Soldiers - 19.95
Wolf Creek (Unrated) - 19.95
Wyatt Earp - 19.95

KR~!
11-23-2007, 02:48 AM
don't forget Amazon's BF sale:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday-After-Thanksgiving-Sale/b?ie=UTF8&node=384082011

X-human
11-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Amazon.com is also having a Blu-ray Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000162791%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dcenter-2%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D0G31Z8DK4Z6CEQQNGXNW%26pf%5Frd%5 Ft%3D101%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D333172201%26pf%5Frd%5Fi%3 D193640011&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325), including Warner and Anchor Bay titles like Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead 2, Day of the Dead and Masters of Horror.

They're also offering the Samsung's BD-P1400 Blu-ray Player for $339.99 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000TME35W).

Reverenddave
12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Costco has some $48.99 HD-DVD 3-Packs from Universal (http://formatwarcentral.com/index.php/2007/12/04/new-universal-hd-dvd-3-packs-land-at-costco/). That's about $16.33 per disc. Here's some of the 3-packs:

Big Lebowski
Shaun Of The Dead
40-Year-Old Virgin

Traffic
Casino
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

Apollo 13
U-571
????? (might be Backdraft)

Cinderella Man
Seabiscuit
?????

Reverenddave
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Amazon is giving away 3 Free HD-DVDs (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000172611%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dcenter-1%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D1GPR063HD7RF0JG5JZMM%26pf%5Frd%5 Ft%3D101%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D338767001%26pf%5Frd%5Fi%3 D193642011&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) with the latest-gen Toshiba HD-DVD players. These players also include 2 HD-DVDs in the box (300 and Bourne Identity), plus the 5-Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

Toshiba HD-A3 is $199.98
Toshiba HD-A30 is $249.98
Toshiba HD-A35 is $355.28

Reverenddave
12-10-2007, 12:08 AM
There are a couple Blu-Ray Sales:

Sony Buy One Get One Free Blu-Rays at Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat137800050009&type=category)

Buy Two Blu-Rays for $9.99-$13.99 each at J&R (http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/Movie03/)

Warner Bros. Buy One Get One Free Blu-Rays at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000172941%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dright-2%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D1ADWY4E49TNJ50JXPZ08%26pf%5Frd%5 Ft%3D101%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D337960901%26pf%5Frd%5Fi%3 D193640011&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325)

Also check out this Sony Blu-Ray Buy Two Get One Free mail-in offer:

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluraymailoffer/

Reverenddave
12-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Best Buy has some $49.99 HD-DVD 3-Packs (http://pym.se/abat) from Paramount. If you order online there's free shipping.

Blades of Glory
Old School
Anchorman

Tomb Raider
Sky Captain
Sleepy Hollow

Shooter
Four Brothers
Italian Job

Payback
Aeon Flux
Warriors

X-human
12-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Some retailers have dropped Samsung's BD-P1400 to $299, Amazon.com even has it at $274. This player has recently unlocked DTS-HD Master Audio with firmware as well.

Reverenddave
12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
$300 is an excellent price point for a Blu-Ray player. I think they'll sell a lot of players at that price.

I wonder if this is a permanent price drop, or just unloading last-gen stock like Toshiba did with the $99 HD-A2's.

Personally, I'd recommend spending the extra bucks and getting a PS3. Even if you're not a gamer, there's tons of extra features. It makes a good media center for streaming videos from your PC. I love downloading free HD movie trailers and game demos from the PSN store. Also, it's an excellent movie player that always stays a step ahead of any problems with frequent firmware updates.

X-human
12-10-2007, 08:46 PM
^ It's a $100 instant discount, so I think it's for a limited time.

Samsung is also giving alway three free discs too: http://product.samsung.com/blurayoffer/

It includes the first disc from the Planet Earth series as well as your choice of two from selected Warner titles. And also don't forget the 5 free discs BD is giving away.

Also Amazon.com has expanded its "Buy One Get One Free" Blu-ray offer to include a total of 115 discs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000174981

It's interesting to see Warner participating with these BD sales now. They even have the recently released 20 Million Miles To Earth (12/4) up there along with the pre-order for Monty Python's Life of Brian! Makes me wonder why I should ever buy a BD disc on release day anymore, especially when my Amazon discount ends at the end of the year.

Regurgitate
12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Some retailers have dropped Samsung's BD-P1400 to $299, Amazon.com even has it at $274. This player has recently unlocked DTS-HD Master Audio with firmware as well.

I am hoping that the PS3 will add DTS-HD MA decoding soon as well. It seems as though Fox is moving towards that format exclusively. Pretty sad if you ask me since they could easily get the PCM track on there allowing anyone with an HDMI equipped receiver to enjoy multi-channel HD audio.

burieddeep
12-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Amazon is giving away 3 Free HD-DVDs (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000172611%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dcenter-1%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D1GPR063HD7RF0JG5JZMM%26pf%5Frd%5 Ft%3D101%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D338767001%26pf%5Frd%5Fi%3 D193642011&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) with the latest-gen Toshiba HD-DVD players. These players also include 2 HD-DVDs in the box (300 and Bourne Identity), plus the 5-Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

Toshiba HD-A3 is $199.98
Toshiba HD-A30 is $249.98
Toshiba HD-A35 is $355.28

Great offer!

I just picked up the HD-A35 and I am very happy with it.
Remember, Amazon also has a 30-day price guarantee. This means that if the price drops within 30 days after your purchase, they will refund you the difference. I purchased the HD-A35 for $385 a couple of weeks ago and just got my $30 refund.

Reverenddave
12-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Remember, Amazon also has a 30-day price guarantee. This means that if the price drops within 30 days after your purchase, they will refund you the difference. I purchased the HD-A35 for $385 a couple of weeks ago and just got my $30 refund.

I love Amazon's price guarantee. I've had items that dropped $30-$50 a few weeks after my order, and Amazon always gives me a refund. You really have to keep an eye on any orders with electronics, because those prices jump and drop all the time.

Check out this site:

http://www.priceprotectr.com/

Just enter your item, and they'll email you if the price drops. It's totally free, very easy to use, and has gotten me probably +$200 in Amazon refunds so far this year.

Reverenddave
12-11-2007, 08:51 AM
AmazonUK is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&docId=1000124583) on Blu-Rays. There are 130+ titles, including some region free Blu-Rays that haven't been released in the USA.

The Island
Starship Troopers
The Rock
Face Off
Con Air
Air Force One
Crimson Tide
Thirteen Ghosts

Reverenddave
12-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Best Buy is going to have a Buy 1 Get 1 Free Sale next week (Dec 16 - Dec 22). It looks like you can mix-and-match some Blu-Ray and HD-DVD titles. Lowest priced item is free.

$29.99
The Bourne Ultimatum HD-DVD
Blades Of Glory HD-DVD
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry HD-DVD
Knocked Up: Unrated HD-DVD
Disturbia HD-DDVD
Mr. Bean’s Holiday HD-DVD
Shrek The Third HD-DVD
Evan Almighty HD-DVD
Transformers HD-DVD
Crank Blu-Ray
300 Blu-Ray
28 Weeks Later Blu-Ray
Spider-man 3 Blu-Ray
The Condemned Blu-Ray
Hostel: Part II Blu-Ray
Ocean’s Thirteen Blu-Ray
Underworld: Evolution Blu-Ray
The Departed Blu-Ray
SAW III Blu-Ray

$32.99
Harry Potter & Order Of The Phoenix HD-DVD
Harry Potter & Order Of The Phoenix Blu-Ray

$34.99
The Departed HD-DVD
Shooter HD-DVD
Ocean’s Thirteen HD-DVD
300 HD-DVD
Mr. Brooks Blu-Ray
Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer Blu-Ray
Mr. & Mrs. Smith Blu-Ray

Reverenddave
12-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Amazon is having a Buy One Get One Free Sale (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000175031%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dright-2%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D038SKRHB4478Y72RC7MR%26pf%5Frd%5 Ft%3D101%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D338695501%26pf%5Frd%5Fi%3 D193642011&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) on HD-DVDs. The 78 titles seem to be a mix of Warner and Universal.

KR~!
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Lionsgate $14 Blu-ray Sale

Today at Amazon, you can pick up six Lionsgate Blu-ray releases for the low price of $14 each. Titles include, 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day', 'Stargate', 'Total Recall', 'The Punisher', 'Stir of Echoes', and 'The Devil's Rejects'. This is a limited time offer, so if you were holding off on picking up these films, now is the best time to grab them.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=763

Reverenddave
12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Amazon is selling the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player with the Bourne Trilogy HD-DVDs for $179.99 today only. It comes with a remote, King Kong HD-DVD in the box, and the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in offer.

Reverenddave
12-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Best Buy is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale on HD-DVDs next week (starting Sunday 12/23). This is good an ANY HD-DVDs, excluding box sets.

While it's not as cheap as the B1G1 sales, at least it's not limited to a handful of titles. Those sales keep listing the same titles, and I've been having trouble finding anything to buy.

With Best Buy's high prices and sales tax, probably the best you can hope for is 3 discs for around $63 (2 x $29.99 + tax). While $21 bucks a disc isn't hot for older catalog titles, it's still pretty good for new releases or combos.

This'll be a good excuse for me to pick-up Cronenberg's recent Eastern Promises and The Kingdom ($29.99 each). The sale should also be good on Pan's Labyrinth ($32.99), which comes out on 12/26.

Reverenddave
12-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Amazon is having a sale on Toshiba HD-DVD Players (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000180951%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dhero-quick-promo%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D0N5D179EKRR0BF13MZB8%26pf%5F rd%5Ft%3D201%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D342130301%26pf%5Frd%5 Fi%3DB000U62N1S&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325). The prices are marked down, plus you get Free One Day Shipping. You also get 7 Free HD-DVDs (300 & Bourne Identity in the box + 5 Free Mail-In offer).

Toshiba HD-A3 = $182.20
Toshiba HD-A30 = $246.34
Toshiba HD-A35 = $345.51

othervoice1
12-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Somebody hacked blu-rays official site and it re-directs you to hd-dvd's site- some people got too much time on their hands- but its still funny!
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Hack_Attack:_Official_Blu-ray_Site_Redirects_to_HD_DVD_Site_(UPDATED)/1297

Reverenddave
12-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Amazon has a new deal on the Toshiba HD-DVD Players. You get the player, pick 3 Free HD-DVDs from a list, 300 & Bourne Identity in the box, and 5 Free HD-DVDs by mail-in offer. This also qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping.

Toshiba HD-A3 = $178.52
Toshiba HD-A30 = $246.34
Toshiba HD-A35 = $345.51

The list of Free HD-DVDs is about 30 movies. Titles include The Shining, Army Of Darkness, Disturbia, Clockwork Orange, 2001 and Shaun Of The Dead.

Reverenddave
12-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Regarding the Best Buy B2G1Free HD-DVD Sale mention above.

Some of the Best Buy's already have Pan's Labyrinth on the shelves. I got Eastern Promises, Pan's Labyrinth and The Kingdom for about $67.

It also works with Blade Runner (but my local store was out of stock).

Reverenddave
12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Looks like Best Buy will be having a Buy 3 Get 2 Free Sale on HD-DVDs starting 12/30. It applies to all HD-DVD releases $34.99 and under.

X-human
12-26-2007, 05:05 PM
FYE has Blu-rays starting at $16.99 ($15.30 for members) (http://www.fye.com/Blu-ray-Post-Holiday-2007_stcVVcatId480311VVviewcat.htm).

I'm waiting for some kind of sale with Warner titles but if not I'll make my finally Amazon purchase of 10% off on 12/31 and then think I'll be taking it easy for awhile.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought FYE was B1G1 when I first posted, I mixed it up with their TV B1G1 sale. So while not a grand sale I figured I'd leave it up because it's better than nothing.

Reverenddave
12-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Amazon is having a new Buy One Get One Free for HD-DVDs. It looks like mostly Universal titles. Includes lots of new titles that I've never seen in a B1G1 sale before. Prices are between $19.95 - $27.95

Harry Potter 1-4
The Mummy 1 & 2
Hot Fuzz
Children Of Men
Big Lebowski
Serenity
Dante's Peak
Knocked Up
Van Helsing
Assault On Precinct 13
Dead Silence
The Hitcher
Good Shepherd
Alpha Dog
Casino
and more

Reverenddave
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Amazon is also having an "Up To 50% Off" sale on Blu-Rays. Looks like mostly Buena Vista titles.

The $34.99 titles are dropped to $19.99 (43% Off)
The $29.99 titles are dropped to $14.99 (50% Off)

I think all the titles have been on previous B1G1 sales, except maybe Ratatouille, Cars, Meet The Robinsons, Pixar Shorts, High School Musical 2, Bad Santa and Underdog.

Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 is only $19.99

Jason25
12-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Amazon is having a new Buy One Get One Free for HD-DVDs. It looks like mostly Universal titles. Includes lots of new titles that I've never seen in a B1G1 sale before. Prices are between $19.95 - $27.95

Harry Potter 1-4
The Mummy 1 & 2
Hot Fuzz
Children Of Men
Big Lebowski
Serenity
Dante's Peak
Knocked Up
Van Helsing
Assault On Precinct 13
Dead Silence
The Hitcher
Good Shepherd
Alpha Dog
Casino
and more

There are a few titles that I haven't seen included in the usual sales. Having said that, there still aren't many great titles, especially when compared to Blu-ray, but I hope Universal keeps bringing out more catalog titles.

Sam
12-29-2007, 02:13 AM
Quite a few on that list I'd buy if I weren't currently "Xmas'd out". :( For anyone with stable funds after the holiday season, these are great deals on catalog titles. They appear to be selling like crazy on Amazon, too. [1]

1. http://www.thedvdwars.com

X-human
01-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Amazon's having another Blu-ray Buy 1 Get 1 Free Sale. Titles include Warner, Fox, New Line and MGM. Here's the movies grouped by price (and yes I stole it from someone else):

The Last Samurai - 17.95
Unforgiven - 17.95

Million Dollar Baby - 18.95

300 - 19.95
Alexander Revisited - 19.95
Beerfest (Unrated) - 19.95
Blazing Saddles - 19.95
Blood Diamond - 19.95
Bullitt - 19.95
Deliverance - 19.95
Enter the Dragon - 19.95
Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition - 19.95
Galapagos - 19.95
Good Night and Good Luck - 19.95
GoodFellas - 19.95
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 19.95
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 19.95
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 19.95
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 19.95
March of the Penguins - 19.95
Purple Rain - 19.95
Rio Bravo - 19.95
Scooby Doo - The Movie - 19.95
Species - 19.95
The Dirty Dozen - 19.95
The Getaway (1972) - 19.95
The Last Waltz - 19.95
The Phantom of the Opera - 19.95
The Road Warrior - 19.95
The Shining: Special Edition - 19.95
The Terminator - 19.95
The Wild Bunch - 19.95
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride - 19.95
Wyatt Earp - 19.95
Happy Feet - 23.95

Letters from Iwo Jima - 23.95
Music and Lyrics - 23.95
National Geographic - Relentless Enemies - 23.95
Ocean's Thirteen - 23.95
Syriana - 23.95
TMNT - 23.95
The Ant Bully - 23.95
The Departed - 23.95
The Fountain - 23.95
Troy (Director's Cut) - 23.95

Planet of the Apes - 24.95

28 Days Later - 27.95
28 Weeks Later - 27.95
AVP - Alien Vs. Predator - 27.95
Behind Enemy Lines - 27.95
Broken Arrow - 27.95
Bulletproof Monk - 27.95
Cast Away - 27.95
Chain Reaction - 27.95
Courage Under Fire - 27.95
Die Hard - 27.95
Die Hard 2-Die Harder - 27.95
Die Hard 3-Die Hard With a Vengeance - 27.95
Edward Scissorhands - 27.95
Entrapment - 27.95
Eragon - 27.95
Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer - 27.95
Flight of the Phoenix - 27.95
Flyboys - 27.95
From Hell - 27.95
Hairspray - 27.95
Hart's War - 27.95
Hoosiers - 27.95
Ice Age - The Meltdown - 27.95
Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut) - 27.95
Kiss of the Dragon - 27.95
Men of Honor - 27.95
Mr & Mrs Smith - 27.95
Mr. Brooks - 27.95
Night at the Museum - 27.95
Pathfinder - 27.95
Phone Booth - 27.95
Rescue Dawn - 27.95
Rising Sun - 27.95
Robocop (1987) - 27.95
Rocky - 27.95
Speed - 27.95
The Day After Tomorrow - 27.95
The Devil Wears Prada - 27.95
The Fly - 27.95
The Hills Have Eyes 2: Unrated - 27.95
The Home of the Brave - 27.95
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 27.95
The Marine - 27.95
The Omen - 27.95
The Sentinel - 27.95
The Transporter - 27.95
The Usual Suspects - 27.95
Transporter 2 - 27.95
Windtalkers - 27.95
X-Men - The Last Stand - 27.95

And low and behold the 10% Off coupon for those of us that bought in 2006 is still working as of the time of this post!

I got all the Die Hards and Mr/Mrs Smith 11.18 each. :D

Reverenddave
01-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Amazon is having a big sale on HD-DVDs:

Sorted by Price:

James Taylor: Person of the Year

Antartica Dreaming
HD Window: Great Southwest
HD Window: Hawaii
HDScape Fireplace
HDScape Saltwater Aquarium
HDSCape Visions of the Sea
Southern Seas

Assault on Precinct 13
Backdraft
Black Rain
Bone Collector
Casino
Chronicles of Riddick
Coming to America
Cream: Royal Albert Hall
Deer Hunter
Dragonheart
Dune
Eagles: Farewell 1 Tour
Failure to Launch
Field of Dreams
Friday Night Lights
Game
Happy Gilmore
Hustle and Flow
Jarhead
Jerk
Liar Liar
Mallrats
Manchurian Candidate
Meet Joe Black
Meet the Fockers
Meet the Parents
Midnight Run
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible II
Monty Python's Meaning of Life
Nutty Professor 2
Old School
Payback
Red Dragon
Sahara
Serenity
Sleepy Hollow
Smokey and the Bandit
Sneakers
Spartacus
Streets of Fire
Top Gun
Trading Places
Traffic
Untouchables
View From Space with Heavenly Music
Warriors
Waterworld

Architect
Bubble
District B13
Enron
Lost City
World's Fastest Indian

Anchorman

New Orleans Concert

Digital Video Essentials

Host
Reds

Babel
Nacho Libre

Black Snake Moan
Freedom Writers
Mission: Impossible III
Norbit
World Trade Center

Arctic Tale
Blades of Glory
Disturbia
Flags of our Fathers
Hot Rod
Mighty Heart
Shooter
Shrek the Third
Stardust
Transformers

(via DVDTalk)

Reverenddave
01-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Amazon is also having a big sale on Blu-Rays:

The following are $13.95:
Stargate
Total Recall
The Devil's Rejects
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day
The Punisher

The following are $13.99:
The Last Waltz

The following are $14.49:
20 Million Miles To Earth (50th Anniversary Edition)
A Few Good Men
A Knight's Tale
Arlington Road
Black Hawk Down
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Closer
Cruel Intentions
Donnie Brasco (Extended Cut)
Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within
GoodFellas
Hellboy
Hollow Man - The Director's Cut
Hostel
Hostel - The Director's Cut
Immortal Beloved
Into the Blue
Kung Fu Hustle
Layer Cake
Legend of Zoro
Memento
Memoirs of a Geisha
Rent
Revenge (Unrated Director's Cut)
S.W.A.T.
Secret Window
Seven Years in Tibet
Stir of Echoes
Tears of the Sun
The Big Hit
The Fifth Element (Remastered)
The Patriot (Extended Cut)
The Replacement Killers (Extended Cut)
The Tailor of Panama
Underworld (unrated)
Vertical Limit
Warriors of Heaven & Earth
Wild Things (Unrated Edition)

These are $14.95:
50 First Dates
Blazing Saddles
Hitch
House of Flying Daggers
Resident Evil - Apocalypse
Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut
Stealth
Training Day
Under Siege
XXX

(via DVDTalk)

Reverenddave
01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Sony has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free mail-in rebate for Blu-Rays. Purchase any two of these titles and get one free. Expires on 2/23/08.

Dragon Wars
Casino Royale
Resident Evil: Extinction
Superbad
Perfect Stranger
Ghost Rider
Surf's Up
Reign Over Me
The Lives Of Others

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluraymailoffer/

Reverenddave
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Amazon has dropped the price of HD-DVD players. These include free shipping and the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in rebate.

HD-A3: $148.99
HD-A30: $198.99
HD-A35: $299.24

Dave
01-12-2008, 08:10 AM
If they start to have firesale on HD-DVD discs due to the war being almost over, I may finally bite. The 360 HD-DVD addons are selling for under $100 on ebay. Even if the format dies, there are tons of good titles for it that aren't on blu yet. In particular, The Game, The Thing, and I'll even take AOD theatrical.

eric_angelus
01-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Some great deals on that new Amazon blu ray sale, but I am resisting the temptation for now...I still have a ton of new stuff from the holidays to watch...and I just got a box from amazon with four titles from last weeks buy one get one free sale. Checked alot of these current titles out on DDand they will be about the same price come summer and the 20% off sale.

Reverenddave
01-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Amazon has dropped the price of HD-DVD players even further, following Toshiba's official price reduction. These include free shipping and the 5 Free HD-DVD mail-in rebate.

Toshiba HD-A3 - $131.98
Toshiba HD-A30 - $170.98
Toshiba HD-A35 - $269.45

KR~!
01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
That's right, you too can get a free Blu-Ray player when you buy some HDTVs:

The Blu-ray camp has responded to the rather dramatic HD DVD player price cut from last week this weekend: If you purchase certain LCD TV models, Sony and Sharp are throwing in a “free” Blu-ray player.

Price has not been one of the advantages of Blu-ray players so far, but it appears that Sony & Co are beginning to take first shots at Toshiba on this battlefield as well. The ad package in your Sunday newspaper brought two especially interesting flyers – one from Sony and one from Best Buy.

Sony is offering a $400 rebate on the purchase of a LCD TV/Blu-ray player package, which essentially gets you the BDP-S300 for free (we’ll forget the sales tax here). Qualifying TVs are the 46” KDL-46V3000, the 46” KDL-46W3000 and the 52” KDL-52W3000, which carry MSRPs of $2300, $2500 and $3000, respectively. The instant rebate can be used for all of Sony’s current Blu-ray players (excluding the Playstation 3) and is apparently available through all retailers that offer these products.

BestBuy not only advertises this Sony program, but also a similar and time-limited promotion for Sharp TVs and Blu-ray players. Purchasing an Aquos D64-series LCD TV (for prices between $1700 and $3000) allows customers to bag a Sharp BD-HP20U Blu-ray player free of charge. The player usually retails for $500.

The Blu-ray promotion also includes five free movies.

Source: http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35696/97/

But wait there is more!

http://www.jr.com also has their own FREE Blu-Ray Player sale:

get free Panasonic Blu-Ray players with select Panasonic HDTVs. The HDTV themselves are also on Sale for more savings:

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?N=11392+401572&Ne=400000#Brand

eric_angelus
01-26-2008, 04:26 AM
All of the Anchor Bay Blu Ray discs are 10.99 at JR.com...pretty sweet deal!

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/movie02/

AndiOne
01-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I ordered 2 movies from www.jr.com , then later i realized that they dont
ship to sweden. Wich sucks! Cause i have already placed the order.

So now they going to ship my items to
my street and city address in Armed Forces Europe
instead of Sweden.. :)

Well i have tried to reached them but with my luck
it`s to late..

Reverenddave
02-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Amazon is having a 50% Off Sale on HD-DVDs. Some good titles that haven't been on sale before. Unfortunately, I already own most of them. I'm definitely picking up Slither and Cat People (and I might also get Time Cop).

14.95 12 Monkeys [HD DVD] (1995)
14.95 2 Fast 2 Furious [HD DVD] (2003)
14.95 40-Year-Old Virgin, The (Unrated) [HD DVD] (2005)
19.95 Accepted (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2006)
19.95 Alpha Dog (HD DVD and Standard DVD Combo) (2007)
14.95 American Me [HD DVD] (1992)
17.45 American Werewolf in London, An [HD DVD] (1981)
17.45 Animal House (HD DVD) (1978)
14.95 Apollo 13 [HD DVD] (1995)
17.45 Army of Darkness (HD DVD & DVD Combo) [HD DVD] (1993)
14.95 Army of Darkness [HD DVD] (1993)
19.95 Balls of Fury (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
14.95 Being John Malkovich [HD DVD] (1999)
14.95 Big Lebowski, The [HD DVD] (1998)
14.95 Billy Madison [HD DVD] (1995)
14.95 Born on the Fourth of July [HD DVD] (1989)
19.95 Breach (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
19.95 Break-Up, The (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2006)
17.45 Breakfast Club, The (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (1985)
17.45 Brokeback Mountain [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Bruce Almighty [HD DVD] (2003)
14.95 Bulletproof [HD DVD] (1996)
14.95 Carlito's Way [HD DVD] (1993)
14.95 Carlito's Way: Rise To Power [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Cat People [HD DVD] (1982)
19.95 Children of Men (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
14.95 Chronicles of Riddick - Pitch Black, The (Unrated Director's Cut) [HD DVD] (2000)
14.95 Cinderella Man [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Dante's Peak [HD DVD] (1997)
14.95 Darkman [HD DVD] (1990)
14.95 Dawn of the Dead (Unrated Director's Cut) [HD DVD] (2004)
14.95 Daylight [HD DVD] (1996)
17.45 Dazed and Confused (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (1993)
19.95 Dead Silence (Unrated) [HD DVD] (2007)
14.95 Doom (Unrated Extended Edition) [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Elizabeth [HD DVD] (1998)
14.95 End of Days [HD DVD] (1999)
14.95 Erin Brockovich [HD DVD] (2000)
14.95 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [HD DVD] (2004)
19.95 Evan Almighty (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
19.95 Evening [HD-DVD] (2007)
14.95 Fast and the Furious, The [HD DVD] (2001)
19.95 Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, The (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2006)
17.45 Fast Times at Ridgemont High (HD DVD & DVD Combo) (1982)
14.95 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas [HD DVD] (1998)
14.95 For Love of the Game [HD DVD] (1999)
14.95 Frighteners, The (Peter Jackson's Director's Cut) [HD DVD] (1996)
14.95 Getaway, The (Unrated) [HD DVD] (1994)
19.95 Good Shepherd, The [HD DVD] (2006)
17.45 Half Baked (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (1998)
19.95 Hitcher, The (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
19.95 Hollywoodland (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) (2006)
19.95 Hot Fuzz (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
17.45 How The Grinch Stole Christmas [HD DVD] (2000)
14.95 Hulk [HD DVD] (2003)
14.95 Hurricane, The [HD DVD] (2000)
19.95 I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
14.95 In Good Company [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Inside Man [HD DVD] (2006)
14.95 Interpreter, The [HD DVD] (2005)
19.95 Jet Li's Fearless (HD DVD Combo Format) (2006)
19.95 King Kong [HD DVD] (2005)
19.95 Knocked Up (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
17.45 Land of the Dead (Unrated Director's Cut) (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Last Starfighter, The [HD DVD] (1984)
14.95 Lost in Translation [HD DVD] (2003)
14.95 Mercury Rising [HD DVD] (1998)
19.95 Miami Vice (Unrated Director's Edition) (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2006)
19.95 Mr. Bean's Holiday (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
14.95 Mystery Men [HD DVD] (1999)
14.95 Notting Hill [HD DVD] (1999)
14.95 Nutty Professor, The [HD DVD] (1996)
14.95 Out of Sight [HD DVD] (1998)
14.95 Patch Adams [HD DVD] (1998)
14.95 Pride & Prejudice [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Ray (2004)
14.95 River, The [HD DVD] (1984)
17.45 Rundown, The [HD-DVD] (2003)
14.95 Scent of a Woman [HD DVD] (1992)
17.45 Scorpion King, The (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2002)
14.95 Sea of Love [HD DVD] (1989)
14.95 Seabiscuit [HD DVD] (2003)
14.95 Seed of Chucky [HD DVD] (2004)
14.95 Shaun of the Dead [HD DVD] (2004)
14.95 Skeleton Key, The [HD DVD] (2005)
19.95 Slither (DVD & HD DVD Combo) (2006)
19.95 Smokin' Aces (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2007)
14.95 Spy Game [HD DVD] (2001)
14.95 Sting, The [HD DVD] (1973)
19.95 Talk to Me [HD DVD] (2007)
14.95 Thing, The [HD DVD] (1982)
14.95 Timecop [HD DVD] (1994)
14.95 Tremors [HD DVD] (1990)
14.95 U-571 [HD DVD] (2000)
17.45 Unleashed (HD DVD) (2005)
14.95 Unleashed [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 Van Helsing [HD DVD] (2004)
19.95 Waist Deep (DVD & HD DVD Combo) (2006)
14.95 War, The [HD DVD] (1994)
14.95 Watcher, The [HD DVD] (2000)
14.95 Wedding Date, The [HD DVD] (2005)
14.95 What Dreams May Come [HD DVD] (1998)
19.95 You, Me and Dupree (Combo HD DVD and Standard DVD) [HD DVD] (2006)

SOURCE: DVDTalk (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=524209)

Reverenddave
02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Amazon is having a BUY 2 GET 1 FREE SALE (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000196201%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dhero-quick-promo%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D1CJHXMKQ06AXWS1FYWCK%26pf%5F rd%5Ft%3D201%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D363264101%26pf%5Frd%5 Fi%3DB000WSLAUO&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) on Blu-Rays. Lots of good Horror titles. All the Anchor Bay discs are listed (including the Masters Of Horror).

They're also having a BUY 2 GET 1 FREE SALE (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000196251%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dright-2%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D189TCKQC18NQX9W1RJMJ%26pf%5Frd%5 Ft%3D101%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D364032601%26pf%5Frd%5Fi%3 D193642011&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) on HD-DVDs. There seems to be less titles offered. But there are lots of HD-DVD exclusives like Fantastic Planet, Casablanca, The Matrix and others.

Reverenddave
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
DeepDiscount.com is having a sale on HD-DVDs. Prices as low as $12.20 with free shipping. Lots of good Horror movies like Army Of Darkness, American Werewolf In London, Dawn Of The Dead, The Frighteners, Dead Silence, Shaun Of The Dead, Slither, The Thing and Tremors.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---Universal-Hi-Def-Sale_stcVVcatId476505VVviewcat.htm

KR~!
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Amazon is having a BUY 2 GET 1 FREE SALE (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000196201%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dhero-quick-promo%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D1CJHXMKQ06AXWS1FYWCK%26pf%5F rd%5Ft%3D201%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D363264101%26pf%5Frd%5 Fi%3DB000WSLAUO&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) on Blu-Rays. Lots of good Horror titles. All the Anchor Bay discs are listed (including the Masters Of Horror).

They're also having a BUY 2 GET 1 FREE SALE (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeatur e.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26docId%3D1000196251%26pf%5Frd% 5Fm%3DATVPDKIKX0DER%26pf%5Frd%5Fs%3Dright-2%26pf%5Frd%5Fr%3D189TCKQC18NQX9W1RJMJ%26pf%5Frd%5 Ft%3D101%26pf%5Frd%5Fp%3D364032601%26pf%5Frd%5Fi%3 D193642011&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) on HD-DVDs. There seems to be less titles offered. But there are lots of HD-DVD exclusives like Fantastic Planet, Casablanca, The Matrix and others.

Additionally, it discounted 40 percent off a new selection of Blu-ray titles. Titles include The Devil Wears Prada, Alien vs. Predator, and Entrapment.

Also, it is offering 50 percent off more than 50 Disney Blu-ray titles.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_5667612_2?ie=UTF8&node=193640011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=1BB919E1960M3CGZDMKR&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=331162601&pf_rd_i=blu-ray

Reverenddave
02-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Amazon has STRANGLEHOLD COLLECTOR'S EDITION (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMidway-90091-Stranglehold-Collectors-Boiled%2Fdp%2FB000O5DS46%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Dvideoga mes%26qid%3D1203033053%26sr%3D1-1&tag=thebigdave&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) for only $29.99 with free super saver shipping. It includes both the PS3 game and the HD version of Hard Boiled.

The game is a lot of fun. You can download the demo on PSN. The movie isn't much improvement over the standard DVD.

WARNING - The movie will only play in a PS3 (no standalone players).

KR~!
02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Blu-ray Disc Blowout Sale!

$11.99 each!
http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/Movie04/&JRSource=chemail.weekendSale.021508

Reverenddave
02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Amazon has The Host, Con Air, Crimson Tide and The Rock for $14.95 on Blu-Ray.

That's an excellent price on The Host. I don't think I've ever seen it for under $20 before.

Reverenddave
03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Amazon has knocked the price down on most HD-DVDs. Lots of the $29.99 titles are now $11.95, and the $39.99 titles are $16.95. Including many new releases. Here's some prices:

$11.95
12 Monkeys
2 Fast 2 Furious
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Unrated)
Aeon Flux
American Me
Army of Darkness
Assault on Precinct 13
Backdraft
Being John Malkovich
The Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
Bruce Almighty
The Bone Collector
Born on the Fourth of July
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Identity
Bulletproof
Carlito’s Way
Carlito’s Way: Rise To Power
Casino
Cat People
The Chronicles of Riddick - Pitch Black (Unrated Director’s Cut)
The Chronicles of Riddick (Unrated Director’s Cut)
Cinderella Man
Dante’s Peak
Darkman
Dawn of the Dead (Unrated Director’s Cut)
Daylight
The Deer Hunter
Dragonheart
Dune (1984)
Elizabeth
End of Days
Erin Brockovich
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Fast and the Furious
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Field of Dreams
For Love of the Game
Friday Night Lights
The Frighteners (Peter Jackson’s Director’s Cut)
The Game
The Getaway (Unrated)
Happy Gilmore
Hulk
The Hurricane
In Good Company
Inside Man
The Interpreter
Jarhead
The Jerk
The Last Starfighter
Liar Liar
Lost in Translation
Mallrats
Meet Joe Black
Meet the Fockers
Meet the Parents
Mercury Rising
Midnight Run
Mobsters
Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Mystery Men
Notting Hill
The Nutty Professor
Out of Sight
Patch Adams
The Pianist
Pride & Prejudice
Ray
The River
Red Dragon
The Rundown
Sea of Love
Seabiscuit
Scent of a Woman
Seed of Chucky
Serenity
Shaun of the Dead
The Skeleton Key
Smokey and the Bandit
Sneakers
Spartacus
Spy Game
The Sting
Streets of Fire
The Thing
Timecop
Traffic
Tremors
U-571
Unleashed
Van Helsing
The War
Waterworld
The Watcher
The Wedding Date
What Dreams May Come
White Noise

$16.96
Accepted
Alpha Dog
American Gangster
Balls of Fury
Breach
The Breakfast Club
The Break-Up
The Bourne Ultimatum
Brokeback Mountain
Children of Men
Dazed and Confused
Dead Silence
Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Eastern Promises
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Evan Almighty
Evening
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
The Good Shepherd
Half Baked
The Hitcher
Hollywoodland
Hot Fuzz
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
Jet Li’s Fearless
The Kingdom
King Kong
Knocked Up
Land of the Dead (Unrated Director’s Cut)
Miami Vice (Unrated Director’s Edition)
Mr. Bean’s Holiday
The Scorpion King
Slither
Smokin’ Aces
Talk to Me
You, Me and Dupree
Waist Deep
White Noise 2

$29.95
The Bourne Trilogy (The Bourne Identity / The Bourne Supremacy / The Bourne Ultimatum)

$36.49
Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's Eleven, Twelve & Thirteen)

$71.49
Harry Potter 1-5 Box Set

Reverenddave
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
DeepDiscount.com has a bunch of HD-DVDs for under $10 (with free shipping).

The Amateurs
The Contract
Aeon Flux
Anchorman
Black Rain
Coming To America
Failure To Launch
Four Brothers
Hustle & Flow
Italian Job
Manchurian Candidate
Mission Impossible I & II
Old School
Payback
Sahara
Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow
Sleepy Hollow
Top Gun
Trading Places
U2: Rattle & Hum
The Untouchables
We Were Soldiers

They also have most of the $29.99 Universal HD-DVDs for $12.20 shipped.

Mattapooh
03-04-2008, 02:55 PM
This'd be a nice way to get a ton of HD titles to watch while you're waiting for Blu Ray to work out the bugs and get cheaper (plus you could get the '76 King Kong in HD from France, which would be awesome)

Too bad I don't own an HD TV yet :(

Reverenddave
03-08-2008, 02:51 PM
More price drops on HD-DVD titles.

Amazon has dropped some Universal catalog titles to $9.95.

Tremors
Bourne Identity
Shaun of the Dead
The Mummy Returns
The Pianist
Fast and the Furious
Pride and Prejudice
Pitch Black
The Amateurs
The Big Lebowski
Backdraft

Amazon also has The Matador and School For Scoundrels for $8.95.

DeepDiscount.com has dropped some Weinstein titles to $9.11 with free shipping.

Black Christmas
Derailed
The Matador
Lucky # Slevin
Feast
Pulse
Wolf Creek
Harsh Times
Scary Movie 4
School For Scoundrels

BestBuy.com has the same Weinstein titles at $9.95, so you might be able to do an in-store pickup.

Remember, if you shopped at Amazon and purchased any of those titles within the past 30 days at a higher price, you can email customer service and they'll refund the price difference. Earlier this week I bought Pride & Prejudice and The Pianist for $11.95 each. A quick email and I got a $4 refund.

Reverenddave
03-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Amazon has The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep (Blu-Ray) for $16.95. This is probably a misprice since the MSRP is $38.96. The release date is April 8th.

Reverenddave
03-10-2008, 09:41 PM
AmazonUK is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale on Blu-Rays (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000159903&plpage=1). They've got some region-free UK exclusives listed:

13 Ghosts
Starship Troopers
Exorcism Of Emily Rose
Almost Famous
The Island

Livingdead102
03-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Damn, that HD-DVD sale is really tempting. $150 for 10 HD movies and an HD-DVD/Upconverting add-on for the XBox... I've been looking for something to blow the tax return on, and I'm starting to lean towards going high-def.

Dave
03-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Damn, that HD-DVD sale is really tempting. $150 for 10 HD movies and an HD-DVD/Upconverting add-on for the XBox... I've been looking for something to blow the tax return on, and I'm starting to lean towards going high-def.

You should have jumped on the Xbox addon for the rebate for five free movies. It has since expired, but was the only reason I was willing to take the chance (who knows if they'll honor the rebate or use the 'stock depleted' clause).

But yeah, $150 is still pretty damn good. I won't build up much of a collection.

For the freebies I got (if they are delivered):

Hulk
Charlie + Chocolate
Frighteners
Darkman
Aeon Flux

And all I've bought so far was:

The Thing ($2.00 after $10 Google coupon)
Along in the Dark (import)
The Fog (Carpenter)(import)

The Fog and Alone in the Dark end cost to me was $7.50 each on a group import I got in on. Don't ask me to justify Alone in the Dark, cuz I've never seen it! I know it sucks, but I figure it being an import, I can easily recover the cost if I so choose.

The only others I'm planning are: Fletch ($12.00 from DDD), AOD (even if it is the theatrical cut), The Game, and maybe one or two more. If the T2 steelbook import is released, I may bite the bullet and buy that, though it will be expensive.

But otherwise, I've resisted the sales and stuck to my 'Don't buy it unless you watch it more than once a year' rule. It hasn't been easy to do.

Reverenddave
03-14-2008, 01:04 PM
It looks like the Weinstein HD-DVDs are now $8.95 at Amazon:

Black Christmas
Derailed
The Matador
Lucky # Slevin
Feast
Pulse
Wolf Creek
Harsh Times
Scary Movie 4
School For Scoundrels

Dave
03-14-2008, 09:23 PM
So my $2.00 'The Thing' HD-DVD was delivered today. I opened it up and showed it to my son. He was impressed at the cost!

I'll tell you, the handful of movies I want plus the $50.00 drive was well worth it.

Spitfire
03-15-2008, 12:22 AM
So my $2.00 'The Thing' HD-DVD was delivered today. I opened it up and showed it to my son. He was impressed at the cost!

I'll tell you, the handful of movies I want plus the $50.00 drive was well worth it.

When you see it can u give ur feedback on the transfer, etc?

othervoice1
03-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Sorry I didnt get this posted sooner since some blu-rays that were actually a good deal are already out of stock or getting close to it (this is also good for anything they have in stock including standard dvds and hd dvd):

This is huge! For three days only, March 14, 15 & 16, save 20% plus Free standard or international Shipping on everything - all Used DVDs, CDs & Video Games! Just use the promo code "TWENTY314" at checkout - but hurry, this offer expires 03/16/08!

And remember, no one pays more for your Used Music, Movies & Games than SecondSpin.com!

Start shopping and saving now!
Your friends at SecondSpin.com

KR~!
03-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Best Buy Co. Inc. this Sun. will offer customers $100 off Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3 when purchased with an HDTV $999 and up.

The promotion is the latest to further high-definition sales.

Each PS3 sold includes a Blu-ray disc drive to playback high-definition titles.

Last Sun., Best Buy began offering a free $20 gift card with the purchase of any two Blu-ray disc titles.

The PS3 has held strong sales following the Blu-ray camp's victory over Toshiba Corp.'s HD DVD.

NPD Group Inc. on Thurs. recorded sales of 280,841 units sold in at U.S. retail in Feb., outselling Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 by 10 percent.

Microsoft this week debunked reports that it was in talks with Sony to provide a Blu-ray option for the Xbox 360. Instead, it said it will concentrate on digital distribution via the Xbox Live online service.

Sony Computer Entertainment America Jack Tretton this week cited Blu-ray as a factor for strong PS3 sales.

Post Blu-ray victory, Sony should sustain strong U.S. sales in Q2 on the release game titles, including Take-Two Interactive Inc.'s Grand Theft Auto IV and Konami Corp.'s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Since the Blu-ray format victory, retailers have begun to offer incentives to drive the format to customers.

Amazon.com this week fired a new Blu-ray disc sale that discounted titles up to 53 percent.

Titles in the new sale include Casino Royale, First Blood, Curse of the Golden Flower, Transporter 2, and A Knight's Tale.

Reverenddave
03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Target is having a Buy One Get One Free Sale on 11 recent Blu-Rays ($29.99 each).

The Game Plan
Casino Royale
Spiderman 3
Pirates Of The Caribbean 3
The Simpson Movie
Ocean’s Thirteen
SAW 4
Live Free or Die Hard
3:10 To Yuma
Ratatouille

Reverenddave
03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Amazon Germany (http://www.amazon.de) is having a sale on HD-DVDs. Over 100 titles to choose from. Lots of good movies not available in the USA, or US BR exclusive.

Most prices are 10 Euros each (a few are 20-25 Euros). After removing VAT, the price drops to about 9 Euros (around $14). Shipping to the USA is a flat 14 Euros regardless of the size.

Bug
Hooligans
The Island
Death Sentence
Silent Hill
Running Scared
Tomb Raider 2
Saw
The Fog (1979)
Underworld
Alone In The Dark
Resident Evil 1-3
King Kong (1976)
Fantastic Four 1&2
Renaissance
Prestige

inkmachine
03-17-2008, 01:27 AM
How in the world would I place an order through Amazon Germany? I've never ordered from over seas before, but there are a few hd-dvd titles they have that I would like...is there a translation page that I'm not seeing on there? lol

Reverenddave
03-17-2008, 02:13 AM
How in the world would I place an order through Amazon Germany? I've never ordered from over seas before, but there are a few hd-dvd titles they have that I would like...is there a translation page that I'm not seeing on there? lol

Basically, it's exactly the same steps as ordering from US Amazon. They have an English "help" section here:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=505538

Reverenddave
03-21-2008, 10:00 PM
JR.com (http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/Movie06/&JRSource=chemail.weekendSale.032108) is having a sale on some Blu-Ray titles. Prices are $7.99-$13.99. Some good recent releases like 3:10 to Yuma and Saw IV. Also good prices on Weeds: Season 1 & 2.

Reverenddave
03-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Frys is having a 2 For $30 on a couple Blu-Ray titles.

- Fifth Element
- Run Lola Run
- Hitch
- Black Hawk Down
- Kung Fu Hustle
- Hellboy
- Gattaca
- Resident Evil Apocalypse
- Final Fantasy
- The Patriot
- A Knight's Tale
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- Underworld
- Life of Brian
- Resident Evil
- Dracula
- Zorro
- Dogma

KR~!
03-23-2008, 04:14 PM
J&R's Blu Ray Blowout!

Cheaper than DVD! Lots of horror films!

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Section_Path=/Promos/Movie06/&JRSource=chemail.weekendSale.032108

Reverenddave
03-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Amazon has the AVP - Alien vs. Predator / Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem (Unrated Two-Pack) [Blu-ray] on sale for $27.95 with free shipping. Release date is April 15th. Looks like this is probably a misprice. So jump on it ASAP.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00147F8ZA

burieddeep
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Amazon has the AVP - Alien vs. Predator / Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem (Unrated Two-Pack) [Blu-ray] on sale for $27.95 with free shipping. Release date is April 15th. Looks like this is probably a misprice. So jump on it ASAP.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00147F8ZA

Thanks. Just pre-ordered it along with Predator. Amazon is the best especially with the Free Super Saver Shipping.

X-human
03-28-2008, 03:43 AM

While it's a good price it's not an insanely good price. I ordered it anyways to lock in the price but I'll think about it over the next few weeks. I still got my 10% discount so it came out to be $25.15. That's just a little over $12.57 a movie.

Reverenddave
04-02-2008, 11:31 PM
DeepDiscount.com has the Anchor Bay Blu-Rays on sale for $12.21 each (with free shipping). Including the Masters Of Horror (Season One) discs.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---Anchor-Bay-Blu-ray-Sale_stcVVcatId476508VVviewcat.htm

Reverenddave
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Amazon has the Anchor Bay Blu-Rays on sale for $11.95 each.

Halloween
Evil Dead 2
Dawn Of The Dead
Day Of The Dead
Masters Of Horror (Vol 1-4)
To Kill A King

othervoice1
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
seems if you wanna buy at least 3 amazon is the way to go- otherwise deepdiscount is since you have to have 25.00 to get free shipping at amazon

Reverenddave
04-19-2008, 07:38 PM
seems if you wanna buy at least 3 amazon is the way to go- otherwise deepdiscount is since you have to have 25.00 to get free shipping at amazon

Unless you have Prime. I love Amazon Prime with Free 2-Day Shipping. It might cost $79 a year, but it's worth every penny. Plus, you can add 4-5 additional accounts to your Prime subscription. And that's not limited to one address. I've got my parents, my brother and my grandparents added to my subscription. So they all get free 2-day shipping. If I wanted to be stingy, I'd have them pitch in on the yearly fee. But I get my money's worth out of it all by myself.

But I agree, if you don't have Amazon Prime, and you only want 1-2 titles, check out DDD. They've got the Anchor Bay Blu-Rays for around $12.21 each shipped.

Reverenddave
04-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Amazon has the Blu-Rays for Blade Runner (5-Disc Set), Predator and Independence Day on sale for $19.95 each.

Dave
04-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Yeah I just did the 30-day trial of Prime and while I only ordered a few things, I did enjoy having it. My son often gets Amazon gift cards for b-days and what not, so I may splurge for the Prime membership at some point. Plus I would love to eliminate retail shopping from my life.

Reverenddave
04-23-2008, 08:58 AM
EzyDVD, an Australian DVD store, is having a 24-Hour Clearance Sale on some HD-DVD titles. Lots of great deals like Harry Potter 1-5 for only AU$34.83 (around $53 shipped). There's also a few titles that aren't available on US HD-DVD like Leaving Las Vegas and The Holiday.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/main/promo_hd.zml

Reverenddave
05-10-2008, 06:05 AM
DeepDiscount has the Masters Of Horror 1-4 Blu-Rays on their AB Buy 1 Get 1 Sale. They're $18.22 which would drop the price to $9.11 each or $36.44 for the whole set (with free USA shipping). I think that's the lowest I've seen them.

Sale ends on 5/29/08. Use coupon code "B1G1AB0805" at checkout.

Reverenddave
06-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Amazon has the Blade Runner 5-Disc Set (Blu-Ray) on sale for $14.95.