PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Bay HD Wishlist

Reverenddave
10-06-2007, 04:27 AM
I'm glad to see the first genre company has gotten into the HD game. Hopefully, others like Blue Underground, Synapse, Elite, etc aren't too far behind.

Anchor Bay's first wave was pretty good. There were some problems and complaints. But overall, it was a great selection of titles and most people seem to be happy.

They haven't announced any more titles beyond the upcoming MOH and Beowulf & Grendel. Considering Anchor Bay's extensive catalog, what titles would you like to see them release in their second wave of Blu Ray discs?

Here's my second wave wishlist:

Re-Animator
Cemetery Man
Children Of The Corn
The Hills Have Eyes
Wicker Man

KamuiX
10-06-2007, 05:14 AM
There aren't many films I'd re-buy because they're in HD unless I simply LOVED the film. I'm generally picking up BR discs that are of new films, of films I don't own yet, or films whose DVD's are in dire need of an upgrade (like Bram Stoker's Dracula). The few films that Anchor Bay still hold the rights to that I would definitely double-dip for if released are:

Dellamorte Dellamore
The Wicker Man
Hellraiser I-II

Suspiria would be a sure bet if they still had the rights (or do they? not sure if BU just picked up the rights or if it's a joint venture)

Reverenddave
10-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Suspiria would be a sure bet if they still had the rights (or do they? not sure if BU just picked up the rights or if it's a joint venture)

I would have put Suspiria at #1 on my list. It's still listed at the AB website. But I'm not sure if BU or AB has the rights.

JGrendel
05-31-2011, 05:44 AM
So far my Wishlist stands:
Re-animator
Hellraiser 2
Creepshow 2
Knightriders (if they even still have it)
Martin (again if they even still have this)
Halloween 4-5
Vamp
Hell Night
Supergirl (again if they still have it)
Phantasm 1,3,4
Alice Sweet Alice
C.h.u.d.
Demons
Demons 2
Dead & Breakfast
Dead Next Door
Happy Birthday To Me
Hills Have Eyes
House
House 2
The Initiation
Laid To Rest
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Maximum Overdrive
Nick Knight
Night of the Demons
Nosferatu the Vampyre
Opera
The Pit
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2
Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit
Stagefright
The Stuff
Trilogy of Terror
Undead
Wicker Man
Witchboard

CPT HOOK
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Night Of The Demons, Sleepaway Camp, Re-Animator, and Demons would be at the top of my wish-list.

I'm assuming they've lost the rights to Society, since the DVD is out of print, but that's another one I'd love to have on blu-ray.

Nailwraps
05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
-Phantasm 1, 3, and 4
-Hellbound: Hellraiser II
-House 1 and 2
-The Hills Have Eyes 1 and 2 (if they can aquire the rights of the latter from Image)
-Tenebrae
-Phenomena (which should include the Director's Version and The Integral Version)
-Scanners
-Halloween 4 and 5
-Suspiria
-Doogal (which should include the US and original UK versions)

Now I'm afraid Anchor Bay no longer has the rights to Wicker Man, Martin, Trilogy of Terror, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Supergirl, Maximum Overdrive, Opera, and Happy Birthday To Me. Night Of The Demons probably went to MGM, though I think they should re-aquire it.

maybrick
05-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Phantasm and Halloween with the proper color timing. Also Hammer horror films like Dracula Prince of Darkness, The Reptile, and Plague of the Zombies but I think Bill Lustig is supposed to retain the rights as he does with most of Anchor Bay's classic releases from their glory days.

buck135
05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Phantasm and Halloween with the proper color timing. Also Hammer horror films like Dracula Prince of Darkness, The Reptile, and Plague of the Zombies but I think Bill Lustig is supposed to retain the rights as he does with most of Anchor Bay's classic releases from their glory days.

This, plus Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition with every extra in 1080p.

Kim Bruun
05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Now I'm afraid Anchor Bay no longer has the rights to Wicker Man, Martin, Trilogy of Terror, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Supergirl, Maximum Overdrive, Opera, and Happy Birthday To Me.

Uhm, you do know that Let Sleeping Corpses has been released by Blue Underground on blu, right?

In response to the question, I've lost track of which titles AB controls... But many of the titles they once owned - Madman, Hell Night, C.H.U.D., Re-Animator, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, and Alice, Sweet Alice - are titles I would want on blu.

dave13
05-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Nosferatu

maybrick
06-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Uhm, you do know that Let Sleeping Corpses has been released by Blue Underground on blu, right?

Or that Scanners was never released by Anchor Bay, at least not in the US.

maybrick
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
This, plus Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition with every extra in 1080p.

Were they all shot in high definition to begin with? I'd be very surprised if they were.

fceurich39
06-01-2011, 12:14 AM
dawn of the dead ultimate edition
hills have eyes
phantasm
demons 1 and 2
halloween 4 and 5 i heard this is currently in the works

buck135
06-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Were they all shot in high definition to begin with? I'd be very surprised if they were.

I doubt it but hey, it's a wishlist. :)

Myron Breck
06-01-2011, 03:33 AM
I think JGrendel just about covered it.

SickNick89
06-01-2011, 03:33 AM
dawn of the dead ultimate edition
hills have eyes
phantasm
demons 1 and 2
halloween 4 and 5 i heard this is currently in the works

Halloween 4 and 5 are at the top of my list. What did you hear about a possibly HD upgrade.

Also on my list would be:

Sleepaway Camp
Demons
Demons 2
Re-Animator
Phantasm
Suspiria

fceurich39
06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Halloween 4 and 5 are at the top of my list. What did you hear about a possibly HD upgrade.

Also on my list would be:

Sleepaway Camp
Demons
Demons 2
Re-Animator
Phantasm
Suspiria

another forum someone said they new somebody who works with anchorbay/starz and that 4 and 5 are in development and may have new special features in hd

JGrendel
06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
another forum someone said they new somebody who works with anchorbay/starz and that 4 and 5 are in development and may have new special features in hd

That would be cool.

SickNick89
06-02-2011, 02:31 AM
That would be awesome! 5 was the first one I saw in the theater and it still holds a special place in my heart.

blu
06-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Anxiously waiting for these...

Demons
Demons 2
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Re-Animator

skinnypuppy
06-03-2011, 03:40 PM
The only movies I'm desperately wanting on blu-ray are:
- House 1 & 2
- Re-Animator
- Demons 1 & 2
- Hellraiser 2
- Phenomena

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the old titles in SD.

It's me, Billy
06-04-2011, 05:01 AM
My Want List:

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers
Sleepaway Camp 3: Teenage Wasteland
House (1986)