PDA

View Full Version : TWITCH OF DEATH NERVES almost killed my DVD player!!!

ArrowBeach
01-04-2001, 05:56 PM
Whats up with this DVD! I put it in my DVD player, and after the FBI warning, I pushed the menu button, and try to access the special feature. I clicked trailer, and the disc STOPPED playing, and the tv went blank, and the word "Not NTSC Disc" came on! I said "Huh, this cant be right, this is a NTSC Disc" and no, I was NOT playing this on my regional free pal/ntsc dvd either. Played it on a US only DVD player.

So I hit the stop button, then hit play again,and it played fine, BUT when I tried to access the chapter stop/murder scene section, the screen went blank again, BUT this time, the lens was trying to read the disc, I can hear it moving in the player, but no image, and weird gear sounds came on!

Then I COULDNT shut the DVD player off, with my remote, so I got up to push the stop button, still wouldnt shut off, nor did ANY of the buttons work! I had to pull the plug from the wall socket just to stop the gears from making a helicopter lieksound!

I plugged it back up, ejected the Disc,popped in WAY OF THE GUN, my player played that fine.

Why did TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE DVD tried to kill my player? This DVD TRIED to give my player the TWITCH OF DEATH! Someone else here posted this disc having audio problems, is this DVD defective BIG TIME? http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/eek.gif

DVD Connoisseur
01-04-2001, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the warning guys - you should return the discs and ask for your money back. This is a faulty release if ever I heard of one. I've just cancelled my order (just in time)!

ephilman
01-05-2001, 12:39 AM
Yikes! The sound is WAY overmodulated, to the point of distortion. Everything else about my disc was fine, though. No problems.

betterdan
01-05-2001, 02:58 AM
Thanks ephilman that's exactly what I meant just couldn't think of the words. At least I know it's not just my system. Wish I could get my money back but I doubt Amazon will take it back after I opened it.

Mark Relford
01-05-2001, 03:44 AM
That's a damn shame, guys. I was really looking forward to this movie. I'll be getting mine in a few days. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif
betterdan, tell Amazon about your faulty disc. I'm sure they wont give you any shit over it.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

betterdan
01-05-2001, 06:47 AM
Mine didn;t do that but the sound is horrible. Did you ever get it to play? Was the sound shitty when the people spoke?

Jason Reynolds
01-05-2001, 05:13 PM
The more I hear about the problems with this disc, the more bummed out I am about it. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif

Still waiting on mine from Buy. Can't cancel either as it's part of an order I used a coupon on.

-Jason

Vincent Pina
01-05-2001, 11:46 PM
Man, I bought the sucker, too. The audio seems as if they meant for it to sound like a drive-in theater speaker. I'm afraid it's gonna damage my speakers and my ears. And I really liked that it was correctly letterboxed and the packaging was cool even though it was a snapper and all the other Bava trailers were such a plus. I don't know, I guess Tower will exchange for another title, but I really wanted this.

AceRimRat
01-06-2001, 03:48 AM
This is so sad.

I haven't bought yet, but I've been looking forward to this disc for months, since I just can't watch that crappy Simitar disc.

I'll probably spend the money anyway and hope for the best, but this is so disappointing - don't these places have quality control?

Sorry I'm kinda bummed out. Long week.

Sam D
09-19-2001, 06:12 PM
I purchased this without knowing about the sound problem. I would NOT recommend purchasing this title based on my experience!!!! The distortion is so bad, I simply had to turn it off!! I can't return it either, because it is open. Stay away from it! The VHS probably doesn't have such problems. You should probably go with that for the time being. grrrr. I really wanted to see it, too!

Doombear
09-20-2001, 09:09 AM
Image needs to fix the sound on Twitch. It's unacceptable. I cannot hear most of the dialogue. Turning up the volume will give a blast of music. Worse, there is no closed-captioning or subtitling to see what is being said. I would not recommend purchasing this disc. The Simitar version has better sound, but terrible sub-VHS quality picture.

betterdan
09-20-2001, 10:30 AM
Doombear is exactly right. How could Image say that the sound was not their fault but the source film's fault? Even crappy Simitar DID have better sound.

Sam D
09-20-2001, 07:11 PM
Yes, I agree with you both. I tried AGAIN last night, but it is literally unwatchable (unlistenable). Terrible, and it keeps making me angry. I feel as though I've been fleeced, even it was only $20 bucks. I really wanted to see this, given all of the raves it gets. But now, all I want to do is throw it out the window... and hit one of the people who published this title in the head. ;-)

In my opinion, most of the published reviews I read were simply not vocal enough about this. My impression was that it was "not that bad." So I guess it is my fault for not scrutinizing the reviews more carefully.

Doombear
09-23-2001, 02:57 AM
I've thought of editing a hybrid version onto VHS using the video from Twitch and the audio from Bay. Synching wouldn't be too necessary, because the film is dubbed anyways. This would at least let me enjoy the movie somewhat.