PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Creature Feature Subject?

rhett
10-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Sharks on the prowl, spiders under your sheets and diseased dogs on the loose, the creature feature encompasses the fears of many of our most reviled animals and insects. Which group of animals or insects do you like seeing most in your creature features?

Nemesis
10-20-2007, 05:38 AM
snakes all the way

othervoice1
10-20-2007, 05:41 AM
dang this is a hard choice- ill have to think about this one for a bit

rxfiend
10-20-2007, 06:08 AM
bugs and spiders, especially those who have been affected by radiation!

thrashard76
10-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Snakes & Serpents

Katatonia
10-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Bugs and Spiders, because I hate them with a passion. They are one of the few things that truly gives me the creeps!

rhett
10-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Bugs and Spiders, because I hate them with a passion. They are one of the few things that truly gives me the creeps!
Kat, I put the wolf option on there just for you. You let me down.

What next, Cujo voting for cats? :D

maskull
10-20-2007, 08:52 AM
God damn sharks all the way!!

onebyone
10-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Crocs & Gators for me. Save the crap of Tobe's Eaten Alive, I have pretty much gotten at least some enjoyment out of all of the ones I have seen. The bigger, the cheesier the better.

Agent Z
10-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I wanted to vote for sharks alone, as I used to have extremely realistic nightmares as a child about being stranded at sea at dusk with a blood-red sun setting and a shark dining on me. Yes, this was all post-Jaws.

Unfortunately, outside of said Spielberg classic, I'm hard pressed to think of another shark film that actually put the Fear of Fin in me, so I'm going with crocs and gators, as living in Florida for stretches and seeing gators up close has made me swear off swimming in lakes as well. :nervous:

Hellbilly
10-20-2007, 09:10 AM
So many great choices but I had to vote for Crocs & Gators. Seen so many this year, enjoyed them nearly all.

Katatonia
10-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Kat, I put the wolf option on there just for you. You let me down.

What next, Cujo voting for cats? :D

:lol: Sorry rhett. What about Wolfspiders!?

drown021
10-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I am horrified of spiders with the exception of daddy long legs.I literally ran out of the shower one night because there was a big huge spider on the ceiling and sent my wife in to exterminate the bastard.Large centipedes are a little creepy also.Spiders....ahhhh

Gore Lunatic
10-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Snakes & Serpents. Especially the giant ones.

satans-sadists
10-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I dig all these categories in films, but sharks are definitely at the top of my list. I'm sure living so close to the Pacific Ocean along with my love of beaches and tropical vacations has a lot to do with it.

Spit
10-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Killer babies should be added to this list, Babies are basically Creatures... I wouldnt consider them Monsters. What do you guy think? Are killer babies monsters or creatures, or something else?...anyway snakes, sharks, and rats dont have nuff'n on the It's Alive babies....But I went with Rodents, just because I have a thing for 'The Killer Shrews'

othervoice1
10-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Im gonna go with rats and rodents since they are just kinda creepy and I loved the movie Ben when I was little and Willard was pretty cool

Anthropophagus
10-23-2007, 06:48 AM
I love the crocodile and alligator films. There is just something silent and cunning, yet beautiful about these creatures. I love the power they possess too. I'm a huge fan of the late Steve Irwin, I loved his work with reptilian and aquatic life.

Shock Waves
10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
I hate spiders and bugs. But I can step on most of them. I voted cats (apparently the only one so far) because they are so damn sneaky and manipulaitive.
You can train a dog, but cats train YOU.

Mazurka Macabre
10-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Cats, followed closely by bats and birds (specifically owls).

Shock Waves
10-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Cats, followed closely by bats and birds (specifically owls).

The owl reference is strange, only because I live amongst many hispanics. They have a dread fear of owls in their folklore and it seems to be a harbringer of death.
I'm German, and the lore with birds is(in my family anyways), if one hits your window, bad luck will follow. If one gets in your house, your f#@ked.