PDA

View Full Version : SAWful or SAWesome?

rhett
10-27-2007, 06:55 PM
S4W made bofo box office yesterday, so the series has no signs of slowing down whatsoever. Vote on which one your favorite is, and then comment on whether you like the directions it's heading, whether you wish it never would have started, or whether bringing back the perennial horror sequel from the eighties is a good thing. Look Tobin Bell directly in the eyes, and tell him what you really think.

http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/s/Saw_II/tobin_bell_051106_281x211.jpg

DopeChamberX
10-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Saw II is the only one that gets a pass from me. The rest are just terrible. and they keep getting worse. I actually had a little hope that maybe these films would pull a "Star Trek" and only the even numbered ones would be worth more than one viewing. No such luck.....

othervoice1
10-27-2007, 07:19 PM
None of the above- I went to the first one at the theatre and was very disappointd- awful acting and movie- I caught the 2nd one on cable and it was unwatchable- I can only imagine how bad the 3rd and 4th ones are - I have no idea how these do well at the theatre (well actually maybe I do)

satans-sadists
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I actually enjoyed the first film. Saw II was such a horrendous mess, still can't believe I paid money to see this in theatres. :fuck: Hated the second film so much, I vowed to never watch another film from this series. How many more sequels before they call it quits?

onebyone
10-27-2007, 07:33 PM
How many more sequels before they call it quits?

Friday's box office: (http://www.showbizdata.com/dailybox.cfm)

1. SAW IV LIONS GATE 14,450,000

Answer: Go ahead and prebook your tickets for next year's Saw, as isn't going anywhere. Apparently, people are only tired of torture if Tobin Bell is NOT involved. If he is, we love that shit.

Bobbywoodhogan
10-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I dont like any of them

MorallySound
10-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I liked the first one when I first saw it. And I thought Saw II was average. Saw III sucked. Have yet to see Saw IV, but probably will check it out eventually, just because I'm curious as to see how they can "make it work"...

Luki
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
My favourite is Saw 3... I like all of them :)

Ash28M
10-27-2007, 09:52 PM
1 and 2 were good but it's been played out. There are so many better horror films out there to continue this any longer. I don't see many die hard horror fans giving this series much respect and I'm not sure if it deserves much. Sure it popularizing the torture film sub genre but that's not saying much. To me the Saw films are like the Final Destination films, they can be fun but at the same time are ultamitly forgettable and interchangeable.

BroodingHope
10-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I've enjoyed all of the Saw movies on some level. I don't look at them as 'horror' but more of a crime thriller.

maskull
10-28-2007, 12:13 AM
The first one was bad but kind of funny. Even though I actually liked the second one, I just haven't felt like watching 3 (which I've had sitting around here for quite a while) and wasn't looking forward to 4 at all. I'm sure I'll watch the last couple some time but I'm just not in a rush.

KamuiX
10-28-2007, 12:51 AM
I loved the first one when I first saw it. Then I watched it again, and saw all of the problems with it. The second one was OK, but rather lame, but I did enjoy the 3rd, for tying up a lot of loose ends and actually making me put down my popcorn during that pig grinder scene. So I'd say the 3rd would be my favorite. Not much interested in the 4th, 3 of these was enough.

Vlachio
10-28-2007, 03:06 AM
I liked the first film saw it in the theater. I don't however understand how it is this film is spawning sequal after sequal after sequal.

moogong
10-28-2007, 03:18 AM
The first was my favorite. I have enjoyed the three sequels but you just wait for the twists endings rather than being surprised. Part four was pretty good but I knew what the clues meanings well in advance.

The Chaostar
10-28-2007, 04:04 AM
Nihilism for 13year olds...
But, yeah, liked the first one, mainly because of the ending.

_pi_
10-28-2007, 05:51 AM
I voted for the first one because I actually did like it quite a bit when it came out. Now that it has become this huge money-making-machine, I have been kind of turned off it. But even with all its flaws (and there are flaws-a-plenty), the first Saw is still a fun little movie.

And lets not forget that it was made for very little money by two guys who'd never really done anything before. It's a pretty decent debut.

Saw 2 I simply hated. I didn't hate part 3, but then I wasn't really expecting much after how much I hated the second one. I have no intention of or desire to watch Saw 4, but I guess I will eventually.

onebyone
10-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Saw One I like, but because it is so bad it makes me laugh hysterically. As a movie, it's a mess.

Part Two I thought was actually organically fun. Not fantastic, but I didn't want my money back.

Part Three was lame lame. So lame in fact that I figured part 4 would have to suck and voted for Part 2 before actually seeing part 4. Then Part 4 turned out to be Totally Sawesome and by far my favorite of the series. Oops.

rxfiend
10-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Friday's box office: (http://www.showbizdata.com/dailybox.cfm)

1. SAW IV LIONS GATE 14,450,000

Answer: Go ahead and prebook your tickets for next year's Saw, as isn't going anywhere. Apparently, people are only tired of torture if Tobin Bell is NOT involved. If he is, we love that shit.

From what I heard, LG is taking a year break and making Saw 5 & 6 back to back.

I picked the first one as my favorite. I like the others as well. They're not masterpieces by any means, but they're entertaining, IMO anyway.

gore
10-30-2007, 04:41 AM
I wonder how this will turn out. :)

Shock Waves
10-30-2007, 06:53 AM
I remember a time when there were actually two noun tool weapons, like Chain Saw.

I liked the first one ..I guess. Until I found out the guy in the middle of the floor was alive the whole time. A buddist monk may be able to lay there like that for 90 min. but come on......

Slow
10-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Until I found out the guy in the middle of the floor was alive the whole time. A buddist monk may be able to lay there like that for 90 min. but come on......

That was explained in Saw III actually. ;)

Vlachio
10-31-2007, 06:39 AM
I wonder how this will turn out. :)

Sequals, sequals, sequals when is this franchise going to get old if it hasn't already? haha!

Livingdead102
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Voted for Saw III. I've enjoyed all of them, but haven't felt compelled to watch any of them more than once. Saw III is the one I have the most vivid and enjoyable memories of, including Saw IV which I saw yesterday.

Workshed
10-31-2007, 03:40 PM
I've only seen the first two and they were just Saw'll right. Didn't make me interested enough to check out the other two. But if I do see any more, looks like I'll stay away from III.

Out of the two, I liked the first the best.

MorallySound
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Saw Saw IV last night, while it wasn't very good, it was definitley way better than Saw III.

Zillamon51
11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Saw IV was the first in the series that I didn't like. It's more of a cop thriller with gore than a horror movie. The previous two were drifting in that direction, and with the revelation of who the "new" Jigsaw is, I only see that trend continuing, making me much less interested in future sequels. (And to paraphrase Saw II, Oh yes, there will be sequels.)

There are a lot of loose ends in IV: What happened to the SWAT commander's wife? Why attatch the alternate ending w/ obvious sequel hook to the Saw III Director's Cut, and then do nothing with it in IV? Also, for a movie that the viewer is supposed to figure out along with the protagonist, the typical Saw fast-edit jump-cutting is annoying and confusing.

I think it's time to get a new creative team for the franchise and get back to basics. The current director should go work on CSI or something.