PDA

View Full Version : Question does the sony blu ray dvd player play well with a sony trintron tv not HD?

fceurich39
10-28-2007, 08:57 PM
thionking about getting a better dvd player i have all sony brands is the new blu ray dvd player worth getting? also the tv i have is a trinitron sony flat screen tv that is not high definition will ithe blu ray player still work on it

othervoice1
10-29-2007, 01:49 AM
I believe if you use the component hookups standard dvds should play but I dont think blu rays will at all- but there is no point in paying so much money for a hi def player if you dont have a hi def set anyways?? a blu ray player on a non- hi def tv wont even make standard dvds look any better- I would just get a regular dvd player for cheap and worry about hd dvd or blu ray whenever you actually get a hi def television- by then maybe one or both formats will win out and players and movies will be cheaper also

Nemesis
10-29-2007, 02:49 AM
yeah i agree with othervoice1's comments. alternatively, if you still want to waste money you can send it to Australia c/o me :)

but in all seriousness, there are so many great reasons to hold off upgrading to blu-ray/hd-dvd.. and if you don't have a hi-def tv anyway, well the hold off is really a no brainer imho

Reverenddave
10-29-2007, 02:49 AM
I agree, if you don't have an HDTV, don't bother buying a BluRay player. I'm pretty sure it'll play BluRays on a standard TV. But the picture won't be any better than a regular DVD.

Check this thread for more info:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=451129

If you're set about getting a Sony BluRay player, you should just buy the PS3. It'll play SD DVDs and PS3 games now. And then when you get an HDTV, it'll play BluRays.

fceurich39
10-29-2007, 04:52 AM
i was planning on getting the dvd player first then a hd tv in a couple months

Nemesis
10-29-2007, 08:22 AM
i'd do it the other way around.. hd-tv first then a blu-ray or hd-dvd player later

Reverenddave
10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
If you're not in any rush, I'd suggest waiting and checking out the Christmas sales. Both sides are stressing the importance of the 4th Quarter figures. I have a feeling there's gonna be some excellent deals this holiday season.