PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead Trilogy (E - D - I - T - E - D) Favorites!!!

thrashard76
11-14-2001, 06:29 PM
Which movie from the Evil Dead Trilogy do you enjoy most? This is an edited poll of an earlier one I did. Sorry for the mix up.;) :)

thrashard76
11-14-2001, 06:33 PM
The 1st Evil Dead is still my fave. I can't wait for the new ED coming next year through AB.

Dark Lord
11-14-2001, 06:35 PM
My vote still goes for the original

Peter Vincent
11-14-2001, 06:35 PM
The Trilogy is VERY dear to me & I can say I love all three almost equally...but if I have to choose one that really "did it" for me & made me craving a sequal was Evil Dead 2.

In my opinion, it had the combined elements of gory/horror of Evil Dead & the comedy/adventure of AOD....the best elements of ALL three!!!

So I voted ED2!

Hellbilly
11-14-2001, 06:43 PM
The original one, cuz when i saw it for the first time it actually scared the shit out of me.

*sigh* they don't make 'em like this anymore.

Erg0n
11-14-2001, 07:49 PM
i chose the 2nd one. cause i'm a big fan of the horror comedies.

rhett
11-15-2001, 04:23 AM
What a tough poll! I love all three of these films almost equally. The first film was perfectly stylish and scary, the second was a great horror/comedy, and the third is a nice...horror/comedy/action film. But since I have to pick, it has to be Army of Darkness, based simply on the fact that I have watched this far more than the other two films, and that has to stand for something!

bigdaddyhorse
11-16-2001, 02:10 AM
I also love all 3.
The first is classic.
Army is hilarious.
But I will never forget tripping and going to see part 2 on the big screen when I was a teen. It has held a spot near and dear to me ever since, and is what I reach for after a bad day.

Andrew
11-16-2001, 02:47 AM
I'm very weird when it comes to the Evil Dead series.

Without a doubt, they are my favorite films. None come close. The three make an EXCELLENT trilogy, and fit perfectly together. I first rented the original on a shitty old VHS with my friend and we liked it a lot. Then we got the second one and thought it was stupid cuz it was the same thing (I was 10, be patient). Then Army (which I had looked at for years without a clue that it was related to the Evil Dead's), which I fell asleep during. So I bought it later down the line and loved it. Then I bought all of the AB VHS and wore them out. Now I'm the proud owner of the Elite Evil Dead DVD, the Anchor Bay Evil Dead II SE DVD, and both Anchor Bay versions of Army of Darkness (Theatrical Cut and LE Director's Cut).

I've probably watched Army of Darkness the most, because when I first got it I watched it weekly. Evil Dead probably isn't too far behind. ED2 is a different story though, because I sort of shunned it for awhile. Now I absolutely love it.

I chose the first Evil Dead, simply because I've always totally loved it. There was a point where I loved AOD, but that passed, and now I'm starting to love ED2, but I've always thought the first was just plain awesome.

Rant over.

thrashard76
11-16-2001, 03:05 AM
I'm waiting for the ED LE to be released. Then the trilogy of LE will be complete and I'll be invincible! HA-HA-HA! Ok, at least semi-immortal then.

Ash28M
01-20-2006, 07:14 PM
This is just a great Series I have really learned to Appreciate Army of Darkness over the years after not likely it so much due to it being to much comedy over horror. This Series really has something for everyone though. Saying that I would have to got with Evil dead as my favourite. It's just one of the best horror films of all time.

Grim
01-20-2006, 07:21 PM
I picked the first, as it is nearly flawless in my eyes. Evil Dead had the potential to surpass it, but it couldn't be the unbridled gory, yet funny massacre it was meant to be because of the filmmaker's goals to get an R-rating (which they still didn't get). Army of Darkness is hilarious, but I much preferred the series when it was (atleast semi) horror oriented.

dwatts
01-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Evil Dead is by far the best. The second is a parody, the third a travesty.

MorallySound
01-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Evil Dead II.

Workshed
01-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I love all of them equally. EDII is the better film out of the three, but Army of Darkness is quite dear to my black heart. When I saw that film for the first time in the theater with all of my friends, it was a revelation. We still quote "Hey, ah, what's that you got on your face?"

evildeadfan123
01-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I love them all equally, but have to go with the first Evil Dead. I am a huge fan of the series, but I have watched Evil Dead the most out of the series. I have watched it at least 12 times, if not more.

Cantona07
01-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I would have to go with Part 2. I loved the comedy aspect of it. I also thought Linda (Sarah Berry) was hot.

Katatonia
01-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I love all three films and it's really difficult to choose between them... but if I had to pick an absolute personal favorite, I guess it would be Evil Dead II. I enjoy Army of Darkness more every time I see it, so I may just have to revisit my choice in a few years.

Semerrill
01-20-2006, 08:54 PM
evil dead 2

mkayers
01-20-2006, 09:23 PM
The first, I don't watch horror movies to laugh.

RyanPC
01-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I love the first film, and merely like the last two, so I had to go with The Evil Dead.

Shannafey
01-20-2006, 10:16 PM
I love all 3, but the one I watch the most and really adore is Army of Darkness!!

Egg_Shen
01-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Itís interesting how varied everyoneís choice is. I expected to see Evil Dead 2 up and down the pages. I like emí all as well, but Iíve watched Army of Darkness the most. Thatís the the one I saw first. In fact, I spent a number of my adolescent years not even aware of the previous entries. However, the original is neck & neck with AOD.

ReelFear
01-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Evil Dead is still the best. when this first hit video in the early-eighties I remember watching it 5 times in a row! I showed it to everyone I knew. I was so blown away that part 1 is one of my 10 favorite films off all time.

DrHerbertWest
01-20-2006, 11:29 PM
I remember buying Evil Dead and Evil Dead II, in pristine condition, at a pawn shop for a total of $12. I went home and around midnight, I thought "I'll give these corny movies a shot," (this was before I watched many horror movies at ALL) and I was totally creeped out by the first one and felt compelled to stay up until 4 AM just to watch them back to back. My dad thought Army of Darkness was really funny, so now I think it's not so hot... Haha...

That being said, Evil Dead does it for me. Nothing tops that feeling I had when I first watched it.

MansonRPG
01-21-2006, 12:03 AM
The first time I watched Evil Dead was a great experience. It had been the first horror movie after a long string of failures that actually excited me. It renewed my faith in watching as many horror movies as possible, because every once in awhile, you find one as great as Evil Dead.

onebyone
01-21-2006, 12:05 AM
They are all great movies that I dearly love, but Evil Dead 2 is the best by far, by far, by miles.

Gore Lunatic
01-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Evil Dead is one of my top five favorite horror movies ever, so I voted for it. I still like the other two though.

welb25
01-21-2006, 12:12 AM
I love the first two and I really like AOD but the original is the easy winner for me.

Cujo108
01-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Evil Dead and Army of Darkness go back and forth for me, though I'd say I probably prefer the latter in the end, so it got my vote. They're pretty much on equal ground though. I love Evil Dead II as well, but it's certainly the weakest of the lot, and I find myself watching it the least often.

tobaccoman
01-21-2006, 12:25 AM
I have to go with Evil Dead II as it is such a fucking trip. The first one is the scariest, but the second one is such a great movie to pop in and get fucked up off drugs with a bunch of friends. It's a hoot n' holler everytime. Army Of Darkness is awesome as well and I find myself watching it more often than the first Evil Dead for some reason even though I'd probably have to say I like Evil Dead more. Army Of Darkness just felt like it could have gotten off with a PG rating. The comedy does work great though as it compliments the epic tone of the film quite nicely.

Anthropophagus
01-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Evil Dead, now that is what the horror genre is at its very best. The original is a classic.

Myron Breck
01-21-2006, 01:27 AM
I had to go with the original. It was such an amazing accomplishment for an independent film of the time, I have a tremendous amount of respect for it. I do love the sequels (especially 2) but as far as the "Favorite" goes....

KillerCannabis
01-21-2006, 03:31 AM
I love 'em all, but my fav is still Evil Dead II. The look, the score... everything about that film makes it the perfect 80's horror flick for me.

Shokk
01-21-2006, 03:38 AM
The original knocked my socks off back in the day..it still is one of my favorite films...so it gets my vote. I have soured a bit on the sequel over time..not that its bad,just a bit too campy for my taste nowadays compared to the original.AOD i don't like at all...i don't even consider it a horror film.

thrashard76
01-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Wow this is an old thread.

I think ED II is my fave as opposed to my original answer from years ago.

badnewsbrown
05-16-2006, 04:37 PM

shithead
05-17-2006, 02:58 AM
the original.

Erick H.
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
The original is my favorite,I found it genuinely creepy,but the sequels are hillarious fun,especially PT. 2.

satans-sadists
09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Part 2.

spawningblue
09-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Army of Darkness! One of my favourite movies of all time. I love the Evil Dead movies too though!

fattyjoe37
10-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Had a marathon of all 3 yesterday for the first time in years. Evil Dead is still my favorite, followed by Army of Darkness then Evil Dead II. This is really the only horror series without any dips in quality.

Nailwraps
10-17-2009, 07:13 AM
They're all so good. But I choose the first one since it was awesome! I always watch it in it's original full screen version (thanks Anchor Bay Ultimate Edition!).

DVD-fanatic-9
10-17-2009, 10:30 AM
The original, a hundred times over.

I still just plain don't like Evil Dead II. I take the original film quite seriously. It really scared me and I really get into it. A great movie will do that for you. But this sequel is too comedic. Which isn't always a problem for some movies, but I consider it a hindrance that a sequel to that original film took it too far into sloppy comedy. Which House (1986) and Bad Taste did better anyway. Those films are still my first-stop for that kind of horror-comedy.

The third film at least has the decency to distance itself from the original by having "Evil Dead" nowhere in the title. It should have been rated PG-13.