PDA

View Full Version : Terror Firmer is in

TobalRox
01-28-2001, 06:33 PM
Well, yesterday (Saturday the 27th), my copy of Terror Firmer finally came in the mail. I'll watch it tonight and let you guys know how it is (I'll try to look at it in terms of a non-troma fan, but I'll tell you know, I LOVE troma). I also got the book in on Friday, and I hope to start reading it this week.

------------------
"It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

DVD Connoisseur
01-28-2001, 08:47 PM
Coincidentally, Terror Firma had its world television premiere last night on the UK's Channel 4. I caught the first 30 minutes and taped the rest so I'll post my thoughts on this movie shortly. For UK forum members who may want to sample Troma movies without parting with their hard earned cash, Channel 4 are presently hosting a season of Troma, with a film every Saturday night (around 2.00am so the films are shown uncut, I believe).

TobalRox
01-29-2001, 06:44 AM
I watched Terror Firmer tonight (Sunday night) after teh super bowl, and boy was in for something. First of all, I almost shit my pants when I saw that it was a WIDESCREEN transfer. That's right, a Troma movie in widescreen... They really went all out. Anyway, moving onto the movie, I really don't know what to say. I watched it with a few friends and they seemed to hate it: They laughed at a few parts, but for the most part they seemed to be shocked at some of the things that were in it. I was laughing my ass off through a lot of it though, as I'm a pretty messed up person and I love Troma :-) I only watched the regular version, I have yet to see it with the other scenes put back in, and there are a lot of extras and easter eggs on here, so I know it'll keep me busy for a while. Bottom line is that I think it's still Troma and if you aren't a Troma fan, you probably won't like it, but if you are, you will. It is pretty funny at times, and I would definitely classify it mostly as "fucked up comedy" Anybody else's thoughts?

------------------

jimmyx
01-29-2001, 08:36 AM
Hey DVD connisseur I set my video up to tape Terror Fimer on CH4 but I didnt switch PDC off and it cut off after the video reviews.
Any chance of a copy???

TobalRox
01-31-2001, 05:09 AM
I started reading the book today, and I just keep finding myself reading more and more. I brought it with me to some classes, and in between everything, and during breaks, I was reading it, and I hated it when classes would start up again. I normally am not like that with a book, so that says something. There is a lot of interesting stuff in there, and it's pretty funny too. I hear that there are a lot of jokes in Terror Firmer that you'll understand better if you read the book, so it looks like I'll be watching the movie yet again once I'm done with the book :-)

------------------