PDA

View Full Version : Code Red is Back!

rhett
12-21-2007, 01:02 PM
After a brief 5 title stint with Shriek Show, it seemed as if Code Red, and all their classic cult titles, were little more than a dream. Thankfully though, Code Red has been resurrected by BCI/Navarre, complete with a hit list of titles never before announced. Their first release will be SOLE SURVIVOR this April, BOARDINGHOUSE and THE DEAD PIT this May, and re-releases of their Shriek Show titles will be soon to follow.

Here's their list of great titles to expect in the new year:

Sole Survivor
Boardinghouse
The Dead Pit
The Unseen
Can I Do it Till I Need Glasses
Beyond the Door
Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker
The Visitor
The Mutilator
The Nesting
Nightmare
Terror Circus
Running Hot
Caged Men
Spasms

Ssssuper news, especially for the news of the Oliver Reed, Canadian snakesploitation classic, SPASMS, finally slithering its way to the digital format. There will be some yet unannounced drive-in double features too, so keep checking here for the latest updates!

Dbone
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeay! Can't wait for Nightmare and The Mutilator!

Matt89
12-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Are they going by the title "Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker" or "Night Warning"?...personally I prefer the title "Night Warning" but whatever....this is GREAT news!

...what happened to Silent Scream?

~Matt

eric_angelus
12-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Wow, impressive list! Plus it is actually pretty easy to find BCI product on store shelves (unlike Media Blasters).

HAEMORRHAGE
12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Awesome news. I'm picking up that Sole Survivor when it comes out.

Katatonia
12-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Awesome! I'm interested in most of the titles.

I just hope that BCI isn't going back to their old crappy Brentwood packaging methods. The new Horror from South of the Border release had lame packaging and cover errors.

DrHerbertWest
12-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Awesome! I'm interested in most of the titles.

I just hope that BCI isn't going back to their old crappy Brentwood packaging methods. The new Horror from South of the Border release had lame packaging and cover errors.

Uh oh, I have that new set on order at work. What's wrong with it? :nervous:

bwana the clown
12-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Hell yeah! I've been waiting soooo patiently for Beyond The Door. Would love to see The Dead Pit again. Think I've only ever seen a butchered version of Nightmare, so that'll be on my list too.

Katatonia
12-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Uh oh, I have that new set on order at work. What's wrong with it? :nervous:

For one thing it comes in a cheap double-wide keepcase. Two discs arrived loose. Basically it's not too different from the old Brentwood budget 4-packs in terms of packaging, except that there are four discs (all flippers) instead of two.

The back cover states there are only 3 discs and 6 movies...there are actually 4 discs and 7 films, or 8 films if you count one film having both English and Spanish versions. Plus it doesn't even list Demon Rat on the back cover's overview of the films contained in the set. Who the hell was proofreading this? :rolleyes:

Rockmjd
12-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Beyond the Door, Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker, The Dead Pit, Mutilator, and Nightmare will all be mine!

Noto
12-21-2007, 11:27 PM
What happened to Sweet Sixteen? :(

HAEMORRHAGE
12-21-2007, 11:57 PM

A Code Red release of that would be nice but in the meantime it's in 2 different Brentwood T&A type package deals.

ArrowBeach
12-22-2007, 01:01 AM
SWEET SIXTEEN is still on thier web site, so it is probably still coming out.

Noto
12-22-2007, 01:50 AM
A Code Red release of that would be nice but in the meantime it's in 2 different Brentwood T&A type package deals.

Yeah? Is it 16x9?

Erick H.
12-22-2007, 02:32 AM
I've wanted THE NESTING for years.Anyone know the original aspect ratio for THE DEAD PIT ?

Egg_Shen
12-22-2007, 05:58 AM
I want to see The Visitor for the cast alone. The only movie on the list I've seen is Night Warning, and I can really only remember Bo Svenson's terrific performance.

Kolpitz
12-22-2007, 06:29 AM

Code Red posted this back in February on their MySpace blog:

SWEET SIXTEEN - unfortunately, finding the original cut turned out to be a curse. When we sent the original cut along with the previous theatrical print we mastered, the lab technician screwed up and removed footage from the theatrical cut and put it in the original cut, causing splices and damage. And now the commentary won't match up because scenes are moved around! I keep trying to explain to that technician to put it back the way it was, but all I get is a "huh" response. So this title is in limbo at the moment, until the original elements are fixed. The extras are all done however, with commentary track by Aleisa Shirley, jim Sotos and Scott Spiegel.

It all sounds a little suspect to me. How come Code Red can't simply go to the technician personally and fix the problem. Oh well. The line-up they've got coming out looks fabulous and I can't wait! I've really enjoyed their output so far. It speaks a lot for a company when they'll go out of their way to make truly special editions for movies like Don't Go in the Woods ... Alone and The Forest. No one would mistake these for classics and most companies wouldn't even bother remastering them, let alone producing hours of supplemental material.

gutterjim
12-22-2007, 03:43 PM
The Unseen! finally. I'm glad they got back in the game!

VideoViolence
12-23-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm all over this faster than white on rice!

Gore Lunatic
12-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Looking foward to almost all those titles. I'm glad they're back.

MrKateB
12-23-2007, 11:20 AM
It all sounds a little suspect to me. How come Code Red can't simply go to the technician personally and fix the problem.

From personal interaction with insiders from other similar companies while monitoring progress on a couple of past releases, I can say that there is a lot of weird activity that happens surrounding many DVD authoring jobs. The companies who are ultimately responsible for putting the titles out don't always have as much control as you'd think (and, I'm sure as they'd like)...It would seem like such an obvious solution to be able to go and tell an unresponsive tech where to go and to get it done but there are probably many reasons why that wouldn't happen quite that way.

Not saying anything about this particular issue, but just saying that weird stuff does happen and I'm sure they are probably handling it the best way possible.

Vlachio
12-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Code Red posted this back in February on their MySpace blog:

SWEET SIXTEEN - unfortunately, finding the original cut turned out to be a curse. When we sent the original cut along with the previous theatrical print we mastered, the lab technician screwed up and removed footage from the theatrical cut and put it in the original cut, causing splices and damage. And now the commentary won't match up because scenes are moved around! I keep trying to explain to that technician to put it back the way it was, but all I get is a "huh" response. So this title is in limbo at the moment, until the original elements are fixed. The extras are all done however, with commentary track by Aleisa Shirley, jim Sotos and Scott Spiegel.

WELL THAT SUCKS! Guess I'll have to hold on to my video. :mad:

Spacevis
12-23-2007, 02:06 PM
at least you have a video :cry:

SickNick89
12-28-2007, 02:07 AM
I hope the Schoolgirls in Chains release is still in the pipeline.

ArrowBeach
12-28-2007, 03:05 AM
I hope the Schoolgirls in Chains release is still in the pipeline.

I'm sure it is, consdering they have screen shots of it on their blog.

gore
01-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Is BoardingHouse Shot on video? I have never seen this one. And if someone could shed some light on what exactly classifies SOV that would be great. To me this means Big ass handheld camera with big ass vhs tape stuck inside. :D

Are we talking Blood Cult or The Dead Nextdoor?

ArrowBeach
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Is BoardingHouse Shot on video? I have never seen this one. And if someone could shed some light on what exactly classifies SOV that would be great. To me this means Big ass handheld camera with big ass vhs tape stuck inside. :D

Are we talking Blood Cult or The Dead Nextdoor?

Yep, thats SOV, for BOARDINGHOUSE.

Mutilated Prey
01-31-2008, 01:59 AM
There's some great titles on that list - very exciting. I was wondering what the hell was going on with their releases. I jumped on Don't Go In the Woods and The Forest and things started to get stagnant at Code Red!

I grabbed an original Mutilator poster off eBay a little while back and got it archive mounted - people love it they come over. "By sword, By pick, By Axe, Bye Bye!" - haha...

Zombie Dude
01-31-2008, 05:48 AM
Is their Nightmare release going to be uncut? And I'm just assuming this is Nightmares in a Damaged Brain.

gore
01-31-2008, 11:14 AM
I would think Nightmare would be uncut.

And is Sweet Sixteen in the works still after the "lab technician" incident?

ArrowBeach
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Seems like its back on, as on thier new web site, it has the specs and everything!