PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Friday films on MonstersHD?

Dave
12-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Man do they look good in high def. I was again watching Friday VI yesterday (I can't help but watch when it's on) and was just amazed by how damn good it looks. No grain to speak of and man is it sharp. I really should compare it to the DVDs at some point, because I'm certain it blows the DVD away.

Time for Paramount to release them on HD-DVD...

welb25
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I agree, they look great. I watched V yesterday and I am going to check out the New Blood here in a little bit.

X-human
12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
No visible grain at all or expected levels of visible grain? I can't imagine any of the 13th films being grain free so I'd fear Paramount would DNR the hell out of it. There's been an increasing trend, especially with Paramount and Universal.

KR~!
12-31-2007, 02:07 AM
I think that MonstersHD own the transfers, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Dave
12-31-2007, 07:46 AM
I can't say I was paying too much attention, but in Friday 6 I don't believe I saw any grain. Doesn't DNR tend to soften up the image? I didn't see that here.

X-human
12-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Yes DNR removes the finer details. Well I should see for myself but in the meantime I'll just hope for the best I guess.

zombi3
01-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Why is Monsters HD picking like 2 movies lately and playing them over and over again, all day long? There was a lot more variety a few months ago...I hope this is just a temporary thing.

burieddeep
01-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Why is Monsters HD picking like 2 movies lately and playing them over and over again, all day long? There was a lot more variety a few months ago...I hope this is just a temporary thing.

I agree...they started doing this in the beginning of November.

I see they have two titles up this month on schedule that they haven't shown before..."Rawhead Rex" and "The Island of Dr. Moreau."

Here is schedule for January:
http://www.monstershd.com/content/Adobe/monstershd_schedule.pdf