PDA

View Full Version : Help Anyone have any loud static when the blu ray logo appears on tv screen??

fceurich39
01-04-2008, 05:24 AM
I have a SONY BRAVIA hd tv and a sony bdp-s500 i both got for xmas but when the blu ray player is loading on the logo screen there is a loud static noise it only happens on the hdmi cord connected from the blu ray to the hdmi on the back of the tv and i bought 4 different cords tried em all and even two tv's same thing i even took the blu ray player in where i got it and they hooked it up and what do you know it worked fine there but after the dvd finally loads the loud static goes away so i am just using the digital audio and digital video red,green and blue cords no problems anyone know about this situation thanks

X-human
01-04-2008, 06:27 AM
You may want to set your HDMI audio to PCM. Also see if there is a firmware update.

dwatts
01-04-2008, 08:25 AM
I have a Playstation 3, the PCM output option doesn't work with my amp at all (a Harmon Karden), so I use Bitstream. I've had break up something like what you mention when discs load, but I assume it's because the unit is doing something to the hard disc while the screen load is taking place. It doesn't affect playback or gaming though.

fceurich39
01-04-2008, 06:23 PM
there is a new firmware update available so i went and ordered one should be getting it any day now