PDA

View Full Version : How does a sony playstation 3 hook up to hd tv

fceurich39
01-26-2008, 10:01 PM
is it just the hdmi cable sold separatly like the blu ray player the only thing that hooks to the tv or is there an additional cable as well cause on the back of my tv i have 2 hdmi inputs anyone know for sure

KamuiX
01-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Yes, you can hook it up with HDMI, which is the best choice. If you use HDMI, you can also use an optical out for sound if you want to hook it up to a reciever.

VenicuS
01-27-2008, 12:45 AM
And whatever you do, never ever, EVER buy an HDMI cable from any sort of brick-and-mortar retailer (i.e. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, etc.) because you will get RAPED on the cost. For all of your A/V cable needs, order direct from www.monoprice.com. Your wallet will thank you (many times, most likely).

KR~!
01-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Yes, you can hook it up with HDMI, which is the best choice. If you use HDMI, you can also use an optical out for sound if you want to hook it up to a reciever.

newer receivers have multiple HDMI inputs

X-human
01-27-2008, 03:27 AM
PS3 only comes with a composite cable. They also support component but you need to get their proprietary cable, which you can get a knock-off of for a couple of bucks. I got mine for $3 total off of eBay.

KamuiX
01-27-2008, 03:43 AM
newer receivers have multiple HDMI inputs

How exactly does this work though if you need to plug the HDMI into the TV?? Just wondering, since I was contemplating getting a new receiver sometime down the line to decode uncompressed PCM tracks via HDMI on Blu-Rays.

X-human
01-27-2008, 04:01 AM
How exactly does this work though if you need to plug the HDMI into the TV?? Just wondering, since I was contemplating getting a new receiver sometime down the line to decode uncompressed PCM tracks via HDMI on Blu-Rays.

You can switch inputs on the receiver, it'll do video too. Since my TV only has DVI (which is video only) I send my PS3 to my receiver on HDMI and then out of the receiver as DVI to the TV.