PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead Elite LD Question

jscott
11-16-2001, 03:04 AM
What does the video journal consist of? Is it the same as the behind the scenes segment on the A.B. DVD?

killit
11-19-2001, 01:22 AM
Yes, I sold my day of the dead ld a while back. But yes, they are the same, except I think the ab dvd cover is a lot cooler looking.

wago70
11-20-2001, 01:13 AM
There is an extra featurette on disc 2 of the set that is missing from the Anchor Bay version.
The LD, in my opinion, has much cleaner and fuller sound and the picture is not as grainy as the DVD - of course, I bought a first generation DVD so maybe the later pressings are better?

jscott
11-20-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by wago70
There is an extra featurette on disc 2 of the set that is missing from the Anchor Bay version.
The LD, in my opinion, has much cleaner and fuller sound and the picture is not as grainy as the DVD - of course, I bought a first generation DVD so maybe the later pressings are better?

What is the exra featurette like? I do know that the 1st gen DVD you have is the only American DVD release of Day. Maybe I should hunt it down. I'm really going bananas over Elite laserdiscs. Just got Reanimator & Maniac in the mail today.

Paff
11-20-2001, 11:55 PM
If you like Day of the Dead, and have a laserdisc player, it's a no-brainer: BUY THE ELITE LD

extra stuff, better picture. What more do you want? George Romero to come to your house and screen it with you?

Oh, I know a much better DVD will eventually show up someday, but if you have the capability to watch the best version of this movie NOW, what are you waiting for?

jscott
11-21-2001, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Paff
If you like Day of the Dead, and have a laserdisc player, it's a no-brainer: BUY THE ELITE LD

extra stuff, better picture. What more do you want? George Romero to come to your house and screen it with you?

Oh, I know a much better DVD will eventually show up someday, but if you have the capability to watch the best version of this movie NOW, what are you waiting for?

Your right. I just utilized the "Buy it now" feature on Ebay and got a sealed copy for $16 plus shipping. Now if I could just get TCM 1 & 2.

One more Elite LD question. Who's got the CLV release of Dawn of the Dead "director's cut"? How's the transfer? I have the CAV 3 disc set, but hate having to change between 3 discs to watch the film. and A.B.'s dvd version sucks.

Paff
11-21-2001, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by jscott

Your right. I just utilized the "Buy it now" feature on Ebay and got a sealed copy for $16 plus shipping. Now if I could just get TCM 1 & 2.

One more Elite LD question. Who's got the CLV release of Dawn of the Dead "director's cut"? How's the transfer? I have the CAV 3 disc set, but hate having to change between 3 discs to watch the film. and A.B.'s dvd version sucks.

$16? Hey, can't beat that. TCM 1 should be real easy and cheap to find, since all the supplements are available on DVD. I got it on E-bay for $13 sealed. Second one is tougher though.

I have the Elite CLV version of Dawn. Looks pretty good. Haven't felt the need to upgrade to DVD on that one. I'm sure it's just as good as the CAV version, but without the CAV Aerobics...

jscott
11-21-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Paff

I have the Elite CLV version of Dawn. Looks pretty good. Haven't felt the need to upgrade to DVD on that one. I'm sure it's just as good as the CAV version, but without the CAV Aerobics...

I'll have to get it then. Only reason I bought the CAV set was for Romero's commentary, which wasn't so great.