PDA

View Full Version : DVD possibilities....

DayoftheRhodes
12-20-2000, 10:26 PM
Tell me if there will be future releases of these films on DVD or if there is going tro be any kind of a special edition:

Night of the Living Dead 90' - I have the Night 90' DVD nand I was wondering the possibility of a Special Edition but if not that's ok because it's a good DVD already.

Jaws 3 and Jaws: The Revenge - I heard of a Jaws 2 by Universal but what about 3 and Jaws The Revenge. I know JTR has a really crappy DVD out but is there a chance of SE?

Night 68' Anchor Bay - Do they still hold rights to this film and if they do are they going to release a SE?

Day and Dawn - I've heard of people talking about future SE releases of these on DVD. Is this confirmed?

Give me some feedback.

Paff
12-20-2000, 11:02 PM
The original Night of the Living Dead (1968) is a public domain film; No one owns the "rights" to it.

Elite and Anchor Bay both did special editions. Elite's is the one to have. Anchor Bay had NEW footage inserted in. A travesty.

And a new Dawn of the Dead is coming, no exact date or list of all special features is out yet.

Dave
12-20-2000, 11:03 PM
Are you sure you own the NOTLD 90 DVD? Cuz I consider it to be a special edition already. Commentary by Savini, documentary that includes some deleted scenes. Not a huge special edition but there are some nice extras on it.

Night 68' - Get the Elite version. Anchor Bay couldn't really top it, except to get all of the Elite laserdisc extras and release it onto DVD.

Day and Dawn - Definitely, but not until 2002 I believe.

Mark Relford
12-20-2000, 11:38 PM
Dude, run out and get Elite's NOTLD!!!
I've heard some rumors that it's close to being OOP. Is this true?

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

mutleyhyde
12-20-2000, 11:58 PM
It's true from what I hear Mark. I already ran out and got mine a few weeks ago. Looks like I missed out on Dawn and Zombie though. Guess I'll just have to wait for the SEs now. But I'm glad I got NOTLD as that was Elites first release, and that's just kinda cool to have, even if someone releases a new version with a bunch of extras (which the Elite version has plenty of!). I actually found it inadvertantly while hunting down the now oop Sid & Nancy Criterion disc. Both were at Suncoast.

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Dave
12-21-2000, 12:49 AM
If NOTLD is public domain how can the Elite DVD go out of print?

I'm not sure if it is actually public domain (I know the copyright was left out) or not.

I'll ask Elite about it.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

mutleyhyde
12-21-2000, 12:57 AM
Good point Dave. Ask 'em if they can rustle up a copy of Maniac Cop for me while your at it!

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Funktion
12-21-2000, 01:31 AM
I'm glad I got Maniac Cop when the rumours started...

Vdlman
12-21-2000, 03:23 AM
Same here Funktion. As soon as I heard Maniac Cop was going out of print, I immediately went out and got it.

Mark Relford
12-21-2000, 05:18 AM
Yep, I'm shit out of luck on the Zombie DVD. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait for the remastered edition. Maybe AB will get the rights to Maniac Cop and remaster it.

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 12-21-2000).]