PDA

View Full Version : Tetsuo: The Iron Man

Starving Skinny Puppy
01-28-2001, 11:34 PM
I'm aware that this movie has gotten a DVD release awhile ago but I'm curious if there is any supplemental material on the disc or is it barebones?
Would this disc be worth picking up soley for the supplemental material because my VHS is in pristine condition and picking up the DVD with no supplemental would be a waste of my hard earned money.
Thanks in advance.

------------------
ViVi-Sect-VI

DVD Connoisseur
01-28-2001, 11:43 PM
Given the low budget of this movie, I doubt that there'll be many extra bits of footage, etc knocking about. I'm sticking with my old LD of this movie but I may purchase the second movie at some point in the future.

Lindane
02-01-2001, 08:00 AM
The DVD has no supplemental material whatsoever. I still enjoy it though. It didn't cost me much at all. Its kind of hard to find these days though. Hey Skinny Puppy, have you seen any of his other films? I really like Shinya Tsukamoto!! I was reading his Bio on another film he did, he seems like quite the Anarchist! If you havent seen it, you should check out the move Gemini.

[This message has been edited by Lindane (edited 02-01-2001).]

Starving Skinny Puppy
02-01-2001, 09:29 AM
No, unfortunatly I haven't seen any other films from Tsukamoto.
Although him being a proclaimed film anarchist does peak my interest in his other work.
If you'd be so kind can you give me a brief synopsis on Gemini.
Thanks.

------------------
ViVi-Sect-VI

Matt
02-01-2001, 09:32 AM
Has anyone seen Tokyo Fist? I considering picking it up, but don't know if it's any good.

joltaddict
02-03-2001, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Matt:
Has anyone seen Tokyo Fist?

I just watched it this week. Really good movie, so-so DVD. The subtitles were particularly bad. Whoever translated it did not have a very good grasp of the english language. It is distracting and I read some reviews before I bought it and it was never mentioned but its bad, not just confusing tenses like many translations but actually mis-using words. This is not a dialog driven movie but like I said it is distracting.