PDA

View Full Version : Batman: The Movie ('66)

X-human
03-26-2008, 02:47 AM
From Digitalbits:Fox has just officially announced a Blu-ray Disc title that we hinted at last week... the Batman: The Movie - Special Edition. Due on 7/1, the disc (SRP $39.98) will include the film in 1080p with audio in English 5.1 DTS MA Lossless, along with English and French Dolby Digital mono and subtitles in English, French and Spanish. Extras will include audio commentary with actors Adam West and Burt Ward, a second commentary with screenwriter Lorenzo Semple, Jr., Nelson Riddle's original score as an isolated track in 5.1 DTS MA Lossless (a first for high-definition), 3 high-def featurettes (Batman: A Dynamic Legacy, Caped Crusaders: A Heroes Tribute and Gotham City’s Most Wanted), a 35th anniversary retrospective from 2001 featuring interviews with West and Ward, 2 additional featurettes (The Batmobile Revealed with George Barris and Batman on Location: Mapping the Movie), a 360-degree BD-Java interactive tour of the Batmobile, a pop-up trivia track, the original teaser and theatrical trailers, and 6 interactive photo galleries. Here's the press release: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-The-Movie-1966/9242

This is an amazing looking release. I'm honestly more excited about this than Dark Knight. :D

fceurich39
03-26-2008, 03:37 AM
i want the damn tv show on dvd will it ever come out

Friedemeyer
03-26-2008, 04:03 AM
Never:cry:

Workshed
03-26-2008, 04:22 AM
This is why they invented HD. :glasses:

jeffco
03-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Uh, the actual press release on tvshowsondvd seems to go out of it's way to talk about the High Def "Extras", and "arriving on high definition Blue Ray Disc", but never actually saying the movie itself will be anything better than the DVD version I currently have (apart from extras). Maybe I'm missing it, but seems a bit "literal" in it's description... (Moot point anyway since I don't have Blue Ray, but it struck me as a bit odd as I read it...)

X-human
03-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Fox did say that they will have 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio (Lossless), that will obviously be better than standard definition compressed on DVD. It was shot on 35mm and has already been circulating on HD channels with positive results. I find your uncertainty misplaced, as it would be senseless for them not to release it in 1080p to say the least.

KR~!
03-26-2008, 12:39 PM
The greatest Batman film of them all!

dwatts
03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
The ONLY Batman movie worth a damn. The others were made by some Joker.

X-human
04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
HighDef Digest posted the official specs:Tech specs include remastered 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video, with DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround (English and French Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono dubs are also included, along with English, French and Spanish subtitle options). In addition, the Blu-ray will include the film's complete isolated score, also available in DTS-MA 5.1 Surround.http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Box_Art/Fox/High-Def_Disc_Packaging/First_Look:_Batman:_The_Movie_Blu-ray_Box_Art/1617

They also posted the cover art, which I'm not too impressed with but whatever. MSRP is $39.99 which is outrageous. I'll be waiting for Fox to drop the price before I pick it up, no matter how much I may want it.

KR~!
04-03-2008, 02:11 AM
that is one crappy cover and one insane retail price, but still a great super fun movie that I will get anyway :)

X-human
06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Review: http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=985#more-985

Sounds promising, but I'm totally going to wait for some screencaps and more opinions. There's a hell of a lot of HD extras, which goes a long way in trying to justify the price tag.

Sam
06-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm definitely going to pick it up (always loved the campy feel of the show). The new cover art may be confusing to a lot of people on first glance, though. Wouldn't surprise me if retailers get a good bit of these on returns from people who didn't know it was the 1966 flick.

spawningblue
06-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Anybody know any more about the special edition that comes with a Hot Wheels Batmobile? Seems a little pricey, $20 more for a dinky car. Is the packaging itself any different/ better?