PDA

View Full Version : Return to Sleepaway Camp

Agent Z
11-17-2001, 09:36 AM
Well.....I thought it would never happen....but here we go! With shooting to begin next year, and with intentions of dismissing the two sequels (which is a good idea!), Return to Sleepaway Camp is on the horizon! I am not a big fan of sequels and I fear that Return to Sleepaway Camp will only reinforce my stance. While it will be great to see the original cast members again, does anyone really see this as being anything more than just a glorified straight to video hack job? I hate to sound so harsh, but I really don't see where they can take the story after that great ending from SC1. The original Sleepaway Camp was a once in a blue moon, strange and twisted flick with quirky characters that somehow managed to work despite its low budget roots. I hope that Return to Sleepaway Camp proves me wrong and adds something new and unexpected to the Sleepaway Camp legend, but my gut feeling is that it won't.

Hellbilly
11-18-2001, 09:54 AM
Yeah, i doubt that Return... will be near as good as the first one.
But then again, who knows? Maybe it turns out alright.

As for the sequels, i did enjoy part 2. I thought it was a ok slasher and had some decent and funny moments.

However, part 3 i didn't like too much, but i'm still planning on buying Anchor Bay's survival kit, whenever it's available.

moogong
11-19-2001, 06:29 PM
any word on when the survival kit is suppose to come out???

Hellbilly
11-19-2001, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by moogong77
any word on when the survival kit is suppose to come out???

Next year in September or October, i guess.

moogong
11-19-2001, 08:47 PM
September or October??? Damn, I hate to wait that long ...Im sure it will be worth the wait though...

Agent Z
02-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Well....maybe some good news after all. The word on the street is that the proposed production for RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP has been cancelled. There should be more word on this in a few weeks. In the meantime, the "in production" page for RTSC on the IMDB has been taken down.

Grim
02-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Damn this is one old ass thread.:lol:

Zodiac-Mindwarp
02-18-2003, 09:40 PM
I did not even notice the date, until someone asked when the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit was coming out! :lol:

Grim
02-18-2003, 09:41 PM
Same here.

Agent Z
02-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Damn this is one old ass thread.

Granted, but it's better than starting ANOTHER new RTSC thread....where, before you know it,....there are a dozen threads about the same exact topic. So remember, the "search" will set you free!

Grim
02-18-2003, 11:15 PM
Good point.

David666
02-19-2003, 05:41 AM
The footage stuck on that extra disc in the Survival Kit is absolutly terrible. There is not a doubt in my mind why this was cancelled mid-way through principle photography... it was a cheap hack-job-rip-off of I Spit On Your Grave... which has been done a zillion times since. The footage makes Brain Damage's films look like Oscar contenders.

Agent Z
02-19-2003, 05:54 AM
The footage stuck on that extra disc in the Survival Kit is absolutly terrible. There is not a doubt in my mind why this was cancelled mid-way through principle photography... it was a cheap hack-job-rip-off of I Spit On Your Grave... which has been done a zillion times since. The footage makes Brain Damage's films look like Oscar contenders.

Well, the footage on the "bonus" disc was an entirely different project from the just-recently stopped RTSC. Both projects were bad ideas.......hell, SLEEPAWAY CAMP II and III were bad ideas!

mcchrist
02-19-2003, 07:57 AM
hell, SLEEPAWAY CAMP II and III were bad ideas!

Never picked up the disc set for the exact sentiments above, my god! I remember Part II being slightly OK, but I remember nothing but bad from part III. Even Part I I'm hesitant of ever seeing again!

Grim
02-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but everyone should pick up the survival kit just because it's so damn cool, easily one of the most creative box sets I've ever seen.:D

Atmims
02-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Sleepaway Camp 1 is great just because of the ending.

Sleepaway Camp 2 is kinda funny at parts and is overall okay. Worth watching only ONCE.

Sleepaway Camp 3 is pretty damn bad and I can't think of anything good to say about it.

Adrian

Grim
02-20-2003, 12:16 AM
highlight of Sleepaway camp 3, the cut gore on the disc, which that doesnt help the main movie none, and that one girl's breasts. That's it.

Alan Smithee
02-20-2003, 02:04 AM
I love all three of these movies, but then again I love bad horror movies in general. I think they are pretty funny (not sure if that is intentional or not) and highly enjoyable.

bigdaddyhorse
02-21-2003, 11:50 PM
The only good thing about these movies was the idea, and the posters! The boxset is a cool creative idea, but the movies all suck IMO.

John
02-23-2003, 04:12 PM
but the movies all suck IMO

Usually Part 1 gets some love. I loved it. Watching it on the DVD set shows that the original held up after all of these years.

KillerCannabis
04-08-2003, 08:58 AM
I love all the SC movies. There's nothing better than a series that relies heavily on gore and nudity. How can you ever go wrong?

bigdaddyhorse
04-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis
I love all the SC movies. There's nothing better than a series that relies heavily on gore and nudity. How can you ever go wrong?

I feel the same about gore and nudity, but something went horribly wrong with these movies!
Maybe a Fly got caught in the telecine transfer, or some other wrong-going shit like that!:D

RyanPC
04-09-2003, 02:11 AM
I love all three of these movies, which is why I bought the boxed set a while ago.

Part 1 is the best, it's just great-- the ending is so shocking!

Part 2 was really good, Pamela Springsteen is soooo funny in both this and 3... this movie has some good death scenes and the humor is intentional, I think.

Part 3 is easily the least of the series, but I still enjoyed it. Once again, Pamela is excellent, she is a riot!

I didn't get a set that had that extra disc, but from what I have heard, that extra footage is horrible, so I'm not so anxious about seeing it.

I DO want to see the new one, though, if it ever comes out!

Agent Z
02-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Call me John McClane, cause old threads DIE HARD....

Another update on RTSC:http://www.angelfire.com/ma/jhvideo/rtsc1.html

I see crap on the horizon......

ekent
02-13-2004, 08:24 PM
I can't wait! When the hell does this "ass"terpiece come out anyway?

Ravenheart
04-10-2004, 11:25 PM
I can't wait to see this movie.I love this series with the first being my favorite.I'm glad to see that their going back to the roots of the original for it and laying off the comedy that was in the 2nd and 3rd.

Tuzotonic
06-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Does anybody know when this movie is coming out? I have asked around and no one seems to know for sure.

Deus Ex Machina
06-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Because of it's low-budgetness it could be anywhere from ASAP to two to three years down the line before it sees distribution.

Deus Ex Machina
06-09-2004, 02:44 AM
According to it's official website they've been working on the digital effects (as far as the May 16th update says).

www.sleepawaycampmovies.com

just click on the spot that says 'kids can be so mean' for updates.

Agent Z
09-19-2004, 07:17 AM
I kept thinking that this was already posted but, for what it's worth, the plot outline for RTSC from www.sleepawaycampmovies.com:

"It's summer camp as usual at Camp Manabe where the kids torment each other for fun while the underpaid camp staff provide as little supervision as possible. Greedy camp owner Frank (Vincent Pastore) and junior partner Ronnie (Paul DeAngelo) do their best to keep everyone in line, but something sinister is about to put a slash in the roster. When campers and staff mysteriously begin disappearing and turning into gruesome corpses, paranoid Ronnie can't shake the memory of a series of grisly murders that took place at Camp Arawak where he worked 2 decades ago. Has a "ghost" from the past come back to haunt him?
As the paranoia worsens, Ronnie's list of possible killers starts growing just like the body count. Everyone becomes a suspect from viscious kids to shady members of the camp staff, and even former Camp Arawak camper Ricky (Jonathan Tiersten) who mysteriously works nearby. Who is knocking off these victims and why? Only one thing is for certain, something is carving a bloody new trail at Sleepaway Camp where kids can be so mean and surviving this summer is gonna be a real killer!"

:sleepy:

RyanPC
09-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Sounds like a real cheesefest... I can't wait!

CubeOfTheDead
09-19-2004, 05:26 PM
I liked the original SC movie. Since this has the cast and director returning it could be good.

It's me, Billy
09-19-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm not interested. I feel the original Sleepaway Camp is mediocre (not terrible, but not good) and since Return to Sleepaway Camp follows the original I feel that it probably won't be too good either. Now, I LOVE Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers and Sleepaway Camp 3: Teenage Wasteland. I LOVE Pamela Springsteen. She was incredibly sexy and her portrayal of Angela was superb and a much welcome change over Felissa Rose. Renée Estevez (Molly Nagle from Part 2) also gives a great performance and like Pam Springsteen, she is very beautiful and sexy. With Parts 2 and 3, everything was 100% improved upon. More gore, lots of tits, much better music, much better actresses/actors, much better characters, and some very hilarious comedy. But what impressed me the most was Pamela Springsteen as Angela. Her whole personality and 'attitude' was wonderful, she had some great kills, and she was very beautiful. She really made the films enjoyable for me. God, she was good. The female nudity, which was non-existent in the original, was a major plus. I love the campgrounds and scenery in Parts 2 and 3; IMO much better than the camp presented in the original film. The comedy was wonderful too. Pam really dished it out as Angela. And remember "The Shit Sisters" from Part 2: Unhappy Campers?

"Oh, I'm a happy camper,
I love to drink and fuck.
And if you pay me money,
On my titties you can suck!"

Then you've got Michael J. Pollard and Sandra Dorsey as Herman and Lily Miranda, two of the dumbest (and funniest) camp counselors ever in Part 3: Teenage Wasteland. Herman is an old perv who enjoys frolicking with the young, big-breasted campers while his wife Lily is a fat, lazy pig. Funny shit. The fact that Part 3 gets dumped on so much by so many people both amazes and baffles me. It's a great film.

The thing that really pisses me off is that 'Return' ignores the events of Unhappy Campers and Teenage Wasteland. Robert Hiltzik, the director of the 1983 original, hates the films and decided to make a direct sequel to his 1983 sarcasm<masterpiece>sarcasm.

In short, I've never been a fan of the original 'Sleepaway.' Parts 2 (Unhappy Campers) and 3 (Teenage Wasteland) are what attracted me to this series. Both of them are just so much fun-and very hilarious.

It's a shame Pamela Springsteen isn't acting anymore. She's the only Angela for me.

Ravenheart
09-19-2004, 11:51 PM
I've enjoyed all 3 movies so far but the first is my favorite.What bothered me about 2 and 3 is why all of a sudden did Angela become a female Freddy Kruger popping off smart remarks when she killed someone?I prefered Angela in the first one so I'm glad this one will be more like the first.

Jimbo
09-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Personally, I am just glad they are keeping the franchise alive!

moogong
09-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Personally, I am just glad they are keeping the franchise alive!

Same here. I'm hoping for a few more installments after this one.

Tuzotonic
09-26-2004, 01:49 AM
While I liked the first movie, I'm very disappointed that they are making Return to Sleepaway Camp seem as if parts 2 and 3 don't exist. I loved the sequels and thought that the humor, great death scenes, random nudity, and quirky characters were all requirements of great slasher films. I will see this movie, and it does have a promising story line, but I can't help feeling that I will be let down. I do hope however, that they keep going with the series and that the plot for the abandoned part 4 will someday be completed. This is my favorite slasher series and put into the right hands, many more good sequels can be made.

Cujo108
09-26-2004, 03:30 AM
While I like the sequels, they can't hold a candle to the original, which is easily one of my favorite slasher films. The tone, the characters, the setting, and the quirkiness are all so perfect in the original. Despite liking the sequels, I have no problem with them being disregarded, and look forward to a film similar to the first. Hopefully it'll actually manage to see the light of day.

Agent Z
10-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Stills from RTSC: http://www.angelfire.com/retro/officialsleepaway2/rtsc1stills.html

bigdaddyhorse
10-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Chef as chef?
I'll have to at least check it out.

speanroc
10-20-2004, 02:24 PM
i loved part 1, i think it had a real creepieness , that wasent apparent in part 2 and 3 , the sequels in my opinion had comic overtones and the feel of the sequels were different, i don't really like comparing the original to the sequels, because i feel the director wanted a different feel for the sequels, with that said i surely enjoyed the second one , i thought the kills were imaginative and the film was fun.......i love the fact that this franshise is being resurected and i surely will be there for RTSC opening night........

ekent
10-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Those screen caps look great. I cannot wait to see this juggernaut of a movie.

fceurich39
10-22-2004, 11:35 PM
maybe it will be good maybe it wont

bigdaddyhorse
10-23-2004, 10:25 PM
maybe it will be good maybe it wont

I gurantee this movie will either suck, or not suck! :D

zombiexfan
11-01-2004, 12:18 AM
yeah the new one is comming here are some fresh up to date pics here http://www.angelfire.com/retro/officialsleepaway2/rtsc1stills.html

Agent Z
02-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Mild spoiler...and if you have already visited the above link to the stills, then no spoiler at all.......

Having a character named "Pee-Pee" and mocking the same mannerisms as Angela from the original Sleepaway Camp has to be either the worst screenwriting job in recent memory....or the lamest red herring in modern cinema.

x666x
02-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I am keeping an open mind. Just watched the first two again weeks ago.

maskull
02-02-2005, 07:02 AM
i saw 2 and 3 a long time before i ever saw the original, so to me the sequels hold a special place in my heart. i loved the cheesy one-liners that Angela dished out, i loved the ways she killed people..very original(mostly), i liked the characters, i liked the nudity.....i only saw the original late last year. it was cool and a more serious movie than the sequels and the ending would've been awesome if i hadn't already heard about it. but still a decently creepy movie. it almost seems like the sequels and the original are different movie franchises. all in all though, i think i liked the sequels more. maybe only because i saw them a 1000 times before i saw the original.
anyway, i'm looking forward to the new movie. it will be horribly bad, but that will make it really good!

H0MOSareGAY
02-05-2005, 06:07 AM
As long as there are at least four breasts, and three pints of blood, I'm there. I don't see how you could make such a thing boring. I just hope they don't attempt some sort of complex "plot" or anything.

Agent Z
02-20-2005, 06:24 PM
"Ronnie Returns" video clip: http://www.jeffhayes-music.com/SleepAwayCamp/ronnie.html

fceurich39
02-28-2005, 03:49 PM
I Wonder When The Release Date Is

Agent Z
10-21-2005, 01:03 PM
An oh-so-brief glimpse at the trailer (which contains a SPOILER): http://www.angelfire.com/retro/officialsleepaway2/rockandshockpreview.html

Nothing to get too worked-up over. :sleepy:

Korngold
11-05-2005, 08:47 AM
As long as there are at least four breasts, and three pints of blood, I'm there. I don't see how you could make such a thing boring. I just hope they don't attempt some sort of complex "plot" or anything.

Oh yeah, this isn't the crying game (well sort of). Like one of the above posters I enjoy the sequels more because of their campyness. As long as it has the tits and blood and hopefully one b-movie actor/celebrity relative I'll be happy.

It's me, Billy
11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
I just watched part 3: Teenage Wasteland again today. What a great '80s slasher it is. It's not scary at all, but it's a lot of fun. Pam Springsteen's Angela is one of the best horror villans ever.

The Anchor Bay DVD looked great on my 60 inch HDTV.

RyanPC
11-07-2005, 12:56 AM
An oh-so-brief glimpse at the trailer (which contains a SPOILER): http://www.angelfire.com/retro/officialsleepaway2/rockandshockpreview.html

Nothing to get too worked-up over. :sleepy:

I can't believe I missed this. It looks fun! :)

I'm a big fan of Felissa Rose though, so I'd go see it even if the trailer hadn't looked good.

Agent Z
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm a big fan of Felissa Rose though, so I'd go see it even if the trailer hadn't looked good.

Yeah, for me, I don't see Return to Sleepaway Camp on the marquee...but rather More Felissa Rose Goodness with this latest venture....

:banana: :banana: :banana:

walkingdude
07-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Looks like they are trying to push for a Halloween release for this.
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2340

And already have plans for another:
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2357

Just in case anyone missed this.:)

YottNik
07-25-2006, 12:24 AM
“The next one is called SLEEPAWAY CAMP REUNION,” van Dell tells Fango, “and it’s the last one in our trilogy,” which ignores the late ’80s’ SLEEPAWAY CAMP II and III."
Well, that's good, at least. I love the original but parts 2 and 3 didn't do much for me. Still, I have pretty low expectations for this one.

fceurich39
07-25-2006, 02:26 AM
so is return part 4 officially since part 4 the survivor was never finished?

walkingdude
07-25-2006, 02:30 AM
so is return part 4 officially since part 4 the survivor was never finished?
According to them it's part 2.They are totally ignoring 2&3.

bigwes15
07-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Can't wait to finally see this, even though I am a little nervous about all of the effects being a combo of practical (which I was hoping they would all be) and CGI (which almost always looks shitty to me).

DrHerbertWest
07-25-2006, 03:01 AM
I loved 2 & 3. Oh well, count me in for this one too. I'm interested.

SpaceAce
11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Has there been any news on this release???
Last I heard they were re-shooting/adding some scenes, but that was a few months ago. Are they having trouble releasing it? what is the deal?

Myron Breck
11-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I dunno but I guess we'll just have to keep waiting...this BETTER be good. :lol:

SpaceAce
11-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah really, I don't know what the hold up is, I would think that it would be pretty straight forward unless they are trying to get a theatrical release which I think would be silly.

shift
11-05-2006, 05:42 AM
none will be good as the 1st one ;)

othervoice1
11-05-2006, 06:22 AM
I actually thought the 2nd one was the best- the 1st one had the best/craziest ending though

YottNik
11-05-2006, 06:26 AM
The 2nd and 3rd were fun but I'm assuming the worst with Return. There'll never be anything as fun as the first one. Classic.

VideoViolence
11-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Anyone know what the fuck has happened with this one? I know a trailer was shown at the Rock & Shock con I went to in Worcester, MA last year anyway, or so I read.

Agent Z
11-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Anyone know what the fuck has happened with this one? I know a trailer was shown at the Rock & Shock con I went to in Worcester, MA last year anyway, or so I read.

There really hasn't been much to update beyond the "trailer" (http://www.angelfire.com/retro/officialsleepaway2/rockandshockpreview.html) you mentioned.

The last update on the film was back in late May (http://www.angelfire.com/ma/jhvideo/rtsc1.html) of this year, so it's been quite some time. :(

Dusk
11-09-2006, 10:18 AM
On January 1st, I'm going to start posting some spoilers on my site. That's all I can really think of to make the wait more interesting.

_pi_
01-20-2007, 09:48 AM
What happened to this film??

I just watched Unhappy Campers for the first time yesterday and I totally loved it! I can't wait to see part 3 now!! Pamela Springsteen rocked my world :D

That said, I also think that the original is a very underrated film. It's an oddity in the slasher genre from so many standpoints. I actually did a paper which focused a little bit on it for a film-genre class I took (and I got a 9 out of 10 for it :D yeah for me!) so maybe that's why I appreciate it so much, but it's really a film you can dig into and analyze without going overboard. There's a lot of interesting stuff Hiltzik put in there!

ps. that isn't Pamela on the poster for Unhappy Campers? 'Cos it sure don't look like her!

Dusk
01-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Nup, t'is a generic model.

YottNik
01-21-2007, 06:14 AM
That said, I also think that the original is a very underrated film.
The first one is a classic. One of my favorite films ever and required regular viewing in my house.

Agent Z
04-04-2007, 02:32 PM
UPDATE! INTERVIEWS! (http://www.sleepawaycampmovies.com/returntosleepawaycamp/news.shtml)

I'll take what I can get at this point! :banana:

I love the new site design! :)

Mortis
04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8635

Sixth 'Sleepaway Camp' Plans Major Reunion

Some odd news came into B-D this weekend as we've received word that Sleepaway Camp writer/director Robert Hiltzik isn't finished with the franchise, even though Return to Sleepaway Camp has yet to be completed. 'Camper 101' informs us that Hiltzik is planning a Sleepaway Camp Reunion as the sixth entry in the franchise. The film follows the events of Return to Sleepaway Camp and focuses on the long-awaited return of Aunt Martha as well as Ricky and Angela Baker! More news as it comes in, but we suspect we won't hear much until Return to Sleepaway Camp finally gets released.

killnstalk
04-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Ive heard of one called Sleepaway Camp Beserk also.

MrVess
04-17-2007, 06:42 PM
"Berserk" is (will be?) Michael Simpson's sequel to the sequels, so to speak:

http://www.retroslashers.net/sleepaway/scberserk.htm

MrVess
04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
By the way, as I glanced at SCF today, I saw an interesting followup to the "whole truth" post that the webmaster made a few years ago (if you saw it, you know what it was - the whole ugliness of certain people and certain incidents revealed):
http://z4.invisionfree.com/officialsc/index.php?showtopic=1125

Dusk
04-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Some odd news came into B-D this weekend as we've received word that Sleepaway Camp writer/director Robert Hiltzik isn't finished with the franchise, even though Return to Sleepaway Camp has yet to be completed. 'Camper 101' informs us that Hiltzik is planning a Sleepaway Camp Reunion as the sixth entry in the franchise. The film follows the events of Return to Sleepaway Camp and focuses on the long-awaited return of Aunt Martha as well as Ricky and Angela Baker! More news as it comes in, but we suspect we won't hear much until Return to Sleepaway Camp finally gets released.

Bloody Disgusting (or Bloody Awful as I call them) simply reposted speculation on my SCReunion page that the title and tagline of the flick would suggest a return of Aunt Martha - this was also reposted at places far and wide as IMDB as fact.

"Berserk" is (will be?) Michael Simpson's sequel to the sequels, so to speak:

I hope it happens - I dig the script and am working on some storyboards for it lately, but as with any movie project - it'll happen if it happens. Certain elements will be in place by the end of the year, so I suspect we'll know next year if it's a solid go or no.

By the way, as I glanced at SCF today, I saw an interesting followup to the "whole truth" post that the webmaster made a few years ago (if you saw it, you know what it was - the whole ugliness of certain people and certain incidents revealed):

I'm finding it easier nowadays to rant like a raving loon and let it all flow out then keep my mouth shut and bottle everything up.

Agent Z
11-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Four years have passed and still no RTSC, but we have this nice set of photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/laze/sets/72157602718294883/) from an extra to tide us over.

Vlachio
12-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Four years have passed and still no RTSC, but we have this nice set of photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/laze/sets/72157602718294883/) from an extra to tide us over.

The official release date is currently set for March-26-2083 :rolleyes:

HAEMORRHAGE
12-06-2007, 12:50 AM

It's going to be a bonus DVD on Guns N' Roses Chinese Decomcracy.

thrashard76
12-06-2007, 06:22 AM

I'd buy that for a dolla'!:banana:

Dbone
12-06-2007, 06:15 PM

Ha!:spit:

Vlachio
12-06-2007, 09:35 PM

:spit:

Mortis
07-05-2008, 11:53 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12810

'Return to Sleepaway Camp' Coming This October?!

SLEEPAWAY CAMP star Felissa Rose just revealed via her MySpace blog that the long, long, long delayed Return to Sleepaway Camp is finally arriving on DVD this October. " I was just told that will be out on DVD in October," she writes. "Sounds pretty good, from a reliable source. I will post more info as I receive it." Directed by Robert Hiltzik, it's summer camp as usual at Camp Manabe where the kids torment each other for fun while the underpaid camp staff provide as little supervision as possible. Greedy camp owner Frank (Vincent Pastore) and junior partner Ronnie (Paul DeAngelo) do their best to keep everyone in line, but something sinister is about to put a slash in the roster. When campers and staff mysteriously begin disappearing and turning into gruesome corpses, paranoid Ronnie can't shake the memory of a series of grisly murders that took place at Camp Arawak where he worked 2 decades ago. Has a "ghost" from the past come back to haunt him?

fceurich39
07-06-2008, 12:21 AM
finally what studio will release the dvd i would think anchor bay now is this basically part IV finished version or what?

rhett
07-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Haha now we are relying on actors for release confirmation? I'll see this when/if ever it comes out, but c'mon, this is insane.

Katatonia
07-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Hopefully it's true, finally, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

HAEMORRHAGE
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Please, just release it. I beg of you! I want some new Sleepaway Camp!

fceurich39
07-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Hopefully it's true, finally, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

looks like it will come out fingers crossed i will be getting it oct 14th i guess magnolia got the rights from this i wished anchor bay would of released it on dvd but magnolia usually does a good job with dvd extras heres the link

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12982/

Horrorphilly
07-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Please tell me this doesnt have any CGI in it.

Sean

AndresG
07-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Can't wait for this to be released!

Beastus
07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Sorry, it's full of CGI. That's the reason why it's been delayed, cause the CGI effects weren't up to par.

Myron Breck
07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Are they ever?

rhett
07-23-2008, 07:37 PM
CGI cock? I'm in.

Mutilated Prey
07-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Just say no to CGI. Where's Tom when you need him?

HAEMORRHAGE
07-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry, it's full of CGI. That's the reason why it's been delayed, cause the CGI effects weren't up to par.

Boooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll still buy it, but yeah, booooo.

DJcubanBEATS
07-24-2008, 02:33 PM
ehh sounds like a download from me..cgi? not cool

Mortis
07-28-2008, 12:05 AM
The trailer is up.

http://www.sleepawaycampmovies.com/

booper71
07-28-2008, 04:22 AM
so long overdue and so much hoopla behind its release, I wonder if the actors involved got their pay yet? There was once an injunction against this film for that matter.

KamuiX
07-28-2008, 04:31 AM
The trailer is up.

http://www.sleepawaycampmovies.com/

Holy shit, that looks terrible!! :lol:

rhett
07-28-2008, 05:31 AM
:lol: What? The whole movie looks like a really, really long prologue. Usually the template it's: X gets emotionally tortured as a child and comes back for revenge. In Sleepaway Camp: Return to Sleepaway Camp (I think that's the title now), it's: X gets an egg thrown against his back, whipped, slapped in the face by a councilor, pushed on a stage blindfolded and naked, thrown into the dirt by some bullies, his nuts grabbed by a woman, shot naked with paint balls and THEN gets his revenge. But at the start he's the bully. Talk about a conflict of pathos!

Oh, and isn't Angela supposed to be the lead in this?

Still, no matter how much of a mess that trailer is, it still looks like some baaaad fun. Seeing that old campground again was a really welcomed bit of nostalgia. There's even the black chef! Sign me up, baldy.

ekent
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm intrigued. It looks like it is really trying to go for the same vibe as the first film (is it the same location?) but with a 2000's post-Scream shot on video look to it.

spawningblue
07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
haha that looks terrible!

That's not the same footage that was on the Sleepaway Camp 4 DVD that came with the Sleepaway Box Set is it!? I'm pretty sure in that footage Angela was still the killer.

Rockmjd
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
This can't possibly not suck.

HAEMORRHAGE
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM

That's not the same footage that was on the Sleepaway Camp 4 DVD that came with the Sleepaway Box Set is it!? I'm pretty sure in that footage Angela was still the killer.

That's a completely different movie.

Mortis
07-28-2008, 07:29 PM
"Hey, dickwad! What's that on your shirt?"

I'm definitely checking this out.

spawningblue
07-28-2008, 08:58 PM

That's a completely different movie.

I'm guessing that movie will never come to fruition then. Disappointing, as as bad as it looked, it probably would have been a hell of a lot better then this turd. Sleepaway Camp without Angela is like Friday the 13th without Jason. Oh wait, I mean Friday the 13th 2 and up without Jason.:D

rhett
07-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Sleepaway Camp without Angela is like Friday the 13th without Jason. Oh wait, I mean Friday the 13th 2 and up without Jason.:D
But Angela apparently is in this, and the original, Felissa Rose. Why they wouldn't put her in the trailer though, is beyond me.

SickNick89
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
But Angela apparently is in this, and the original, Felissa Rose. Why they wouldn't put her in the trailer though, is beyond me.

Her part is small, cameo like.

rhett
07-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Her part is small...
You might want to choose your words wisely when it comes to Angela. :lol:

Mattapooh
07-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Title aside (does this REALLY count as a Sleepaway Camp movie?), this looks like pure cheesy fun to me. It seems like it's really got the whole 80s teen sex comedy/slasher vibe going for it, which is nice.

I have to agree with rhett about the fat kid, though. We basically see him being a dick to everyone, then people are dicks to him back so he goes off and starts killing people? Really weird.

spawningblue
07-29-2008, 04:42 AM
You might want to choose your words wisely when it comes to Angela. :lol:

hahaha. That just made me spit out pop on my keyboard!

HAEMORRHAGE
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
hahaha. That just made me spit out pop on my keyboard!

You mean soda.

rxfiend
08-06-2008, 09:10 AM
artwork:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/gallery/images/558//poster.jpg

Vlachio
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
artwork:

Image says no hot linking.

I did though find a nice big version. For the record I do not like this art work at all.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51h%2B%2ByZiYHL._SS500_.jpg

SpaceAce
08-06-2008, 01:10 PM
artwork is ok to me, not the best but decent. I am just glad to see things like that which make it seem more and more likely that we will in fact finally see this movie released in October. I wouldn't be shocked to see it get pushed back (again), but at least now we have a confirmed street date, cover art...not that that means it is set in stone, but it is very promising...can't wait.

Luki
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I ike the DVD artwork... reminds me of F13th and it´s quite creepy too :)

HAEMORRHAGE
08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I like the lettering for the title but overall the poster isn't anything special. Needs to be fun like all of the other SC releases.

rhett
08-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Cool cover, I'm digging it. Can't wait to finally see this, for better or worse!

Spit
08-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Cool artwork, nice and classic look....

It would have been funny if the shadow had a noticeable penis though.

Katatonia
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Cool cover, I'm digging it. Can't wait to finally see this, for better or worse!

My sentiments exactly! :glasses:

SpaceAce
08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
looks like it got pushed back 1 week (according to amazon). Uh oh it is starting.....:)

fceurich39
08-31-2008, 03:44 AM
looks like it got pushed back 1 week (according to amazon). Uh oh it is starting.....:)

well according imdb boards and amazon they say the dvd is coming out on nov 4th said they included additional behind the scenes on the dvd

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382943/board

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Sleepaway-Camp-Isaac-Hayes/dp/B001CT876C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1220151140&sr=8-1

Wez4555
09-03-2008, 06:00 AM
wow this movie is finally getting released? id almost given up.

Spit
09-23-2008, 03:55 AM
I was just checking the release date on this again (the latest date i've heard is nov 4th) and noticed that Isaac Hayes is in this. I suppose I had looked over that little detail till now. Is this the last film he ever did? Its not even listed on his website http://www.isaachayes.com/ though that could be out of date.

Vlachio
09-23-2008, 03:57 AM
I'm almost convinced the real reason this got shelfed is cause it sucks? I've watched the trailer a dozen times & I like this movie less and less. The movie looks so damn terrible IMO. Anyway yeah I know it's all be said before. Still I hope I can rent this no way I'm buying this mess.

Mutilated Prey
09-23-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm almost convinced the real reason this got shelfed is cause it sucks? I've watched the trailer a dozen times & I like this movie less and less. The movie looks so damn terrible IMO. Anyway yeah I know it's all be said before. Still I hope I can rent this no way I'm buying this mess.

I'm with you - that trailer is not exactly winning me over.

Vlachio
09-23-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm with you - that trailer is not exactly winning me over.

Ya all those internet rumors about actors not getting paid, CGi not up to par etc. Please gimme a break what a crock on shit. Real truth is the movie was shelfed cause it sucks. I recall hearing a rumor that Felissa Rose was furious at her screen time in the film. So who knows what happened the film has a huge cloud of mystery hanging over it. :bs:

YottNik
09-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Of course it's going to suck. I still can't wait, though. Either way, it'll be worth a laugh.

Vlachio
09-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Of course it's going to suck. I still can't wait, though. Either way, it'll be worth a laugh.

Oh pardon my language oh fuck yeah! This is going to be a laughfest for sure. I have no doubt of that at all. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/MissionCodeZ/24.gif

Mutilated Prey
09-24-2008, 02:45 AM
Oh pardon my language oh fuck yeah! This is going to be a laughfest for sure. I have no doubt of that at all. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/MissionCodeZ/24.gif

Indeed there is no doubt it will be viewed at some point. Maybe this will help Sleepaway Camp get some more votes on the 'Worst Sequels' poll ;)

Mortis
09-30-2008, 04:34 AM
I need to see this movie. The trailer rocks.

MadmanMarz
10-01-2008, 01:00 AM
This movie is HORRIBLE. I just watched it last night and I am pissed I wasted time on it. I am a HUGE fan of the original, and enjoy #2 & #3 for campy, nostalgic reasons. This new installment is a WASTE of time. The main kid is probably one of the most annoying characters ever. I am sad this turned out to be as bad as it is. Now I hear another chapter in this saga is in the works, please help them before they KILL the series.

indiephantom
10-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Ain't it cool has a pretty positive review up. Sounds promising, and the author hated HATCHET and BEHIND THE MASK for not living down to '80s slasher cinema appeal. I agree on those points, and there is a glimmer of hope that this could be another "camp" classic.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38559

Vlachio
10-01-2008, 11:29 AM
This movie is HORRIBLE. I just watched it last night and I am pissed I wasted time on it. I am a HUGE fan of the original, and enjoy #2 & #3 for campy, nostalgic reasons. This new installment is a WASTE of time. The main kid is probably one of the most annoying characters ever. I am sad this turned out to be as bad as it is. Now I hear another chapter in this saga is in the works, please help them before they KILL the series.

This has not been released yet. How did you quote unquote "see it"? Everybody knows it's going to blow. Still we all need something to laugh at.

Vlachio
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Ain't it cool has a pretty positive review up. Sounds promising, and the author hated HATCHET and BEHIND THE MASK for not living down to '80s slasher cinema appeal. I agree on those points, and there is a glimmer of hope that this could be another "camp" classic.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38559

Thank you for posting that indie. I'm not a fan of that web site though. They seem kind of biased IMO.

deplop cinema
10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Yo RONNIE's in it and still jacked like a motherfucker. that's reason enough to see it haha...

Mattapooh
10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
This has not been released yet. How did you quote unquote "see it"? Everybody knows it's going to blow. Still we all need something to laugh at.

That's pretty much how I feel about this movie. I'll rent it for a larf and that's about it.

Spit
10-01-2008, 04:39 PM
This movie is HORRIBLE. I just watched it last night and I am pissed I wasted time on it.

I though i couldnt get my grubby mitts on this one for a whole 'nother month, where did you find a copy of this?

MadmanMarz
10-04-2008, 04:07 AM
I work in motion picture distribution, so at times I can get my hands on crap like RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP in advance before it gets released to DVD. These are typically advance screeners, which have the finished film product with out the DVD special features. Believe me...I wanted this to be cool. But unfortunately that was not the case.

Vlachio
10-07-2008, 07:47 AM
I work in motion picture distribution, so at times I can get my hands on crap like RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP in advance before it gets released to DVD. These are typically advance screeners, which have the finished film product with out the DVD special features. Believe me...I wanted this to be cool. But unfortunately that was not the case.

Thanks for replying MadmanMarz! I guess everyone will either love this movie or absolutely hate it.

indiephantom
10-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Thank you for posting that indie. I'm not a fan of that web site though. They seem kind of biased IMO.

Well, I agree the site is not great...but if there's hope, you have to look for it. Even if this thing is really bad, I'm thinking it will entertain.:evil:

Stige
10-08-2008, 07:31 AM
pre ordered

but the trailer looks kind of like a crap fest

Vlachio
10-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Well, I agree the site is not great...but if there's hope, you have to look for it. Even if this thing is really bad, I'm thinking it will entertain.:evil:

Your right lets hold hands & watch grass grow its a date! :freak:

indiephantom
10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Your right lets hold hands & watch grass grow its a date! :freak:

I guess you're being sarcastic, but I need a date so...okay. :banana:

CUBANmix
10-10-2008, 02:40 PM
watched it last night..and i LOVED it..

all the cameos from the actors in the original gave a me a HUGE smile..especially the end! really captures the same vibe from the original flick,complete with bad acting,campy dialogue,great gore,alot,i mean ALOT of cursing and NO CGI! i had my expectations real low,and i still cant believe how much i loved it,it was professionally done,the long wait
was so worth it..bring on the next one!!

gunner
10-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Alright, who's lying about seeing the movie here? Or, is there two versions floating around? A bunch of CGI could definitely ruin a good thing. But I trust Mr. Hiltzik, I'm sure there's cursin' little bastards aplenty. He can pick out a good mean, bratty face too...the kind you wanna reach right in and smack. And it has Issac Hayes as the camp cook. I'm going to like this, even if I don't!!! I have to!!

theskank
10-11-2008, 07:30 AM
I've seen the final version and this movie is pure magic. It's NAILED "CAMP".
Don't see this movie for gore, cause it doesn't have much but this movie is totally bizzare it so many ways I can't even begin to explain.
It's like the movie is VERY self aware of what it is trying to do but totally works.
It looks terrible but it's part of it's charm. I mean the start of the movie has like 13 year old boys haning out in there underpants lighting farts with some of the most outragous lines of dialogue.
Just turn your brain off and enjoy. I thought I was going to hate this.
I had fun, will buy it when I can.

Mortis
10-12-2008, 08:27 PM
"Your ass stinks!"

Body Boy
10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
"You puss bag!"

LOL, I thought this sequel was pure fun. Not as good as the first 3, but still entertaining.

indiephantom
10-13-2008, 03:16 AM
This is fast becoming the event DVD of the year for me.

YottNik
10-13-2008, 03:52 AM
This movie is going to suck so much ass... and I can't wait to see it.

KamuiX
10-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Holy shit...I just finished this, and it's fucking BRILLIANT!! I had a complete blast during nearly the entire runtime. It's one of the best bad films I've seen in a REALLY long time. The acting is so over-the-top and the premise so ridiculous that it just oozes bad movie charm. The killer is hilariously obvious as well, which really reminds me of many low-budget 80's slashers. Toss in awful dialogue, nice practical FX, and the fact that it looks and sounds like it came straight out of the 80's, and you really can't wrong.

It's awesomely bad, and I loved pretty much every second of it. This shit made me laugh harder than any comedy I've seen over the past couple years.

Katatonia
10-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Awesome! It's good to hear that some people are loving it. Now I'm really itching to see this! :evil:

MrVess
10-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh, dear... if Uwe B. sees this film, he'll cry in happiness and send Hiltzik a "senk you!" note.

maskull
10-18-2008, 11:06 PM
First bit of this movie I was worried it was going to be horrible but...

I really, really liked (loved?) this flick. Bad acting, cool kills, a surprise ending that wasn't a surprise in the least...there's one kill involving a hole in the floor that had me laughing so hard I started to choke! Every time I think about it I start to laugh all over again.

I watched this movie for free but now I'm going out and paying full price for it. It's totally worth it. Can't wait to watch it again!

fceurich39
10-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Anyone know what stores will carry this i know for sure my bestbuy here won't i called them and asked if they were getting it and they said no it won't be carried at this location!

Will walmart carry it if not it looks like it will be hard to find in stores anyone know?

indiephantom
10-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Anyone know what stores will carry this i know for sure my bestbuy here won't i called them and asked if they were getting it and they said no it won't be carried at this location!

Will walmart carry it if not it looks like it will be hard to find in stores anyone know?

I've noticed Wal-Mart getting a lot of the DTV horror and titles like this in general, but you may be safer ordering it online.

fceurich39
10-31-2008, 05:09 PM
i guess target stores will carry it says at http://sleepawaycampmovies.com/ and i called them and they said it should be sundays ad and they are definitly going to carry it

Mitbox
11-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Oh my God, I can't wait to see Return to Sleepaway. I love the franchise and hope the guys that brought it back do well with this one.
Where did the people saw this if the release date is 11-4?? I guess it leaked or something?

ekent
11-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Alright, I am about to head out to Target and call them on their bluff. Their website shows no evidence of the DVD. If they don't have it, I checked Best Buy and it is in stock. *fingers crossed*

Katatonia
11-04-2008, 08:59 PM
The local Target here "unfortunately did not get any in stock", and it wasn't in their weekly newspaper flyer or the one posted on their website.

I picked it up at Hastings earlier.

ekent
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
My Target had a few copies left (it looked like it was selling pretty well for 10am) but the 19.99 price tag was too steep.

Mark Relford
11-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Found this used(!) at an indie record store. It kept me amused and the kills were fun. Not bad, but a step down from the other sequels. Stick around after the end credits for another kill.

Katatonia
11-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I had a blast watching it! Completely goofy and a ton of cheesy fun. I can see this one getting a lot of replay value in my abode. :evil:

Is it anything like the original? No, not really. This one is more of a slapstick, which reminded me somewhat of Camp Slaughter (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462220/).

The DVD is nicely done. The 16x9 progressive-encoded transfer looks quite good, and there's plenty of extras. A commentary track with Robert Hiltzik would have been nice to listen in on, but oh well.

Ptflea2
11-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Ugh, I have to disagree with a lot of you on this one. I didn't have high expectations for "Return" seeing how long it took for it to get released, but holy hell this was painful. After about three scenes with that damn Alan shit, I glanced towards my liquor cabinet thinking it's contents could help dull my criticisms but noticed it was only 1:30 in the afternoon and decided otherwise. Being a big fan of the first film, I wanted to like this, but found none of the humor remotely funny or unique.

Sure, I know this was made all in good fun and for the fans, but could they have made the "surprise ending" any more obvious?

gore
11-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Is it at least better than Hatchet?

Kolpitz
11-06-2008, 04:44 AM

Blasphemy ...

Suicide
11-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Ugh, I have to disagree with a lot of you on this one. I didn't have high expectations for "Return" seeing how long it took for it to get released, but holy hell this was painful. After about three scenes with that damn Alan shit, I glanced towards my liquor cabinet thinking it's contents could help dull my criticisms but noticed it was only 1:30 in the afternoon and decided otherwise. Being a big fan of the first film, I wanted to like this, but found none of the humor remotely funny or unique.

Sure, I know this was made all in good fun and for the fans, but could they have made the "surprise ending" any more obvious?

I'm with this guy. I've been seeing some praise for this here and on some other sites but I thought it absolutely sucked. And I thoroughly enjoyed Part 2 and 3. Apart from a slightly clever joke calling Big Pussy a Big Pussy I didn't find any of the intentional humor humorous. The sub-Salute Your Shorts acting didn't help. And that kid who kept saying "Your ass stinks", My god, I haven't wanted to harm a movie character this badly since RENT.

I'm glad you guys liked it and all, but this one is not for me apparently.

HAEMORRHAGE
11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm with this guy. I've been seeing some praise for this here and on some other sites but I thought it absolutely sucked. And I thoroughly enjoyed Part 2 and 3. Apart from a slightly clever joke calling Big Pussy a Big Pussy I didn't find any of the intentional humor humorous. The sub-Salute Your Shorts acting didn't help. And that kid who kept saying "Your ass stinks", My god, I haven't wanted to harm a movie character this badly since RENT.

Yeah, but Salute Your Shorts was inspired by Sleepaway Camp so it's all good.

gunner
11-06-2008, 05:22 PM
"Hey, can you play Intergalactic on that thing?"
I watched this one last night with my semi-delinquent nephew, we both laughed our asses off. I got enough enjoyment out of this one to be happy with it. Some scenes were painful. What a mess it is, but that's what you get when you ignore everything important and spend all your time making fun of people, slacking ass, smoking pot and raising hell...which perfectly describes my own childhood experience, lol.
The gestures and expressions on the faces of the kids were just priceless, every one of them...I felt like smacking a whole bunch of characters, not just Alan. The style is so unusual with a dash of The 3 Stooges. Great fun.

gore
11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
My god, I haven't wanted to harm a movie character this badly since RENT.

Hehe, you watched RENT :D just kidding.....but seriously..

I just shelled out a 20 for this (BB). I havent watched it yet but I really do have high hopes. Gunna make it a friday night viewing so I REALLY hope it doesnt, well, suck. I just have a good feeling after watching the trailers that it has that 80's charm to it. Even the sets and characters look like they catch that 80's vibe and it doesnt look too sci-fi originalish. Fingers Crossed!

MrVess
11-08-2008, 12:20 PM

It is, actually (but what isn't?). Instead of the "ha-ha, I'm a self-conscious copy of a bad Z-grade slasher from the 80s, see me attempt to spoof them in what I think are witty ways!" attitude of "Hatchet" and other similarly awful films of recent years, this one has a "I am a resurrected, bad Z-grade slasher from the 80s, and I'm proud of it" attitude, which actually works for it. It's still a terrible film, but an amusing one, unlike "Hatchet" and its ilk.

BroodingHope
11-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Such an amazing film. With it's so-bad it's good attitude I was transported right back to the 80's.

gore
11-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Such an amazing film. With it's so-bad it's good attitude I was transported right back to the 80's.

I agree. I dont get why its getting such bad reviews everywhere. I had a great time watching it. A lot of people are saying how much they hated the fat kid and how annoying he was but I think that was the whole point. This movie worked on so many levels, it is a so bad its good movie. I will definetly watch it again sometime, unlike hatchet, decent, and all the other hyped up garbage I have wasted my money on. Recommended.

edit. Apparently I am the only dumbass who didnt realize who the killer was. :)

Mattapooh
11-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I just checked out Blockbuster and Jumbo Video here with no luck, anyone know if this is even released in Canada?

indiephantom
11-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I just checked out Blockbuster and Jumbo Video here with no luck, anyone know if this is even released in Canada?

It's available (for a steep price) from Amazon.ca. I've ordered it from the States and should have it before the end of next week.

But I don't think retail locations are stocking it. Had checked Best Buy, Blockbuster, HMV, and Wal-Mart. Nothing. Same goes with Poultrygeist.

maskull
11-08-2008, 09:45 PM
It's available (for a steep price) from Amazon.ca. I've ordered it from the States and should have it before the end of next week.

But I don't think retail locations are stocking it. Had checked Best Buy, Blockbuster, HMV, and Wal-Mart. Nothing. Same goes with Poultrygeist.

Know what sucks? The price on amazon.ca was actually better than the price at DVD Pacific and DDD a few weeks ago. Now they've jacked up the price to over $27. Damn, I knew I should've bought it earlier. :(

Mortis
11-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Alan is one of the greatest characters ever.

YottNik
11-09-2008, 04:41 AM
Alan was both horrible and hysterical all at the same time. This was the most anticipated movie of the year for me. A terrible, but great, film. Where has Hiltzik been all these years? I watched the original first for the upteenth time tonight and then put this in the player. A great time. Here's hoping for a followup sequel.

P.S. - Your ass stinks!

Myron Breck
11-09-2008, 05:31 AM

Leaps and Bounds.

indiephantom
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I absolutely loved it. Went it hyped and not let down one bit. No surprises in the film, beyond how endlessly entertaining it all is. They don't make films like this anymore, but Hilzik sure does.

I agree that Alan was a great character. I thought there were lots of great supporting bits, too. The bunk bed kill is astounding. The kid screaming with the panties on his head is priceless. Angela is a MILF in the post title sequence, which also has a good kill.

SickNick89
11-11-2008, 12:40 AM
I was in this (i'm the blonde guy) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/sicknick89/l_20418bc7f31b4def879a803a4263156aj.jpg.

It's not the best movie and the original will always be the best but as a huge fan of the original I can enjoy this for what it is.

Ptflea2
11-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Leaps and Bounds.

Absolutely not!

indiephantom
11-11-2008, 04:13 AM
I was in this (i'm the blonde guy) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/sicknick89/l_20418bc7f31b4def879a803a4263156aj.jpg.

It's not the best movie and the original will always be the best but as a huge fan of the original I can enjoy this for what it is.

Sweet. How was the shooting experience? What's the director like etc.?

gore
11-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Sweet. How was the shooting experience? What's the director like etc.?

Ya some more details about the experience would be nice to hear about.

rhett
11-13-2008, 03:50 AM
You're a...PENIS!

Haha, what a good time. It's like Hiltzik directed this a year after the first film, because the location and more importantly the presentation hasn't changed a bit. This is definitely the most retro experience I've ever had watching a contemporary film...it's like the eighties slasher never died. Alan is indeed a riot to watch - he's sort of like a nerdy Ricky...no matter what the case, he always ends up spazzing out. Why is Isaac Hayes in this? It was great to see a bunch of the returning cast. I knew Ricky and Angela were back, but the New Yawk counselor? Yes! Not quite as jacked as before, but still holding his own on the pectoral front.

There was nothing surprising about the story at all, but since it doesn't weigh itself down in the tragedy of the first film, it's a much lighter and quicker paced film. Hiltzik has the teenage expletive down pat...there is seriously so much toilet humor here it makes the first film look like Balto by comparison. While most of the effect sequences are [normal shot of person] cut away [gory shot of dead person], the effects themselves are pretty solid.

I certainly wasn't expecting much, other than incomprehensibility based on the trailer, and I've come out a huge fan. Definitely worth the wait for Sleepaway fans, and a solid second place in the franchise behind the first. Hopefully another is forthcoming, but at the pace these come at, that'll be 2020.

onebyone
11-13-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't think I have had enough booze in my life to enjoy this movie.

There were a few scenes and jokes that worked well enough, but for the most part it was just boring and suffered from a real lack of killing. With characters that annoying, you need to let the blood flow frequently and often if you are going to keep me on your team.

This is by far my least favorite of the series.

MrVess
11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Why is Isaac Hayes in this?

Neither Xenu, nor the Tomcat would pay those scientology fees for him.

Stige
11-13-2008, 07:54 PM
My god that was awful..........

NOT worth the 20 year wait

SickNick89
11-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Ya some more details about the experience would be nice to hear about.

Well, I really just wanted to be in this movie somewhere as I have been a huge supporter of the original for years. I drive up in mid-october 2003 (the night before kill bill vol. 1 opened). I got to the camp around 7:00pm, went to wardrobe, got my Manabe shirt and talked to Paul Deangelo and big pussy then sat in the mess hall from 7:30 till midnight when everyone shooting the burning scene (including felissa in full male cop gear) came in for cafeteria style dinner, we had chicken sandwiches and chips then they all headed back out to shoot more while we kept waiting finally at 6AM they called us down to the waterfront to shoot our stuff. there was 3 takes of us 'looking at the body being zipped up' and the kids in their boxers were wrapped in blankets between takes as it was freezing that night. Robert was friendly and i had a geekout moment in my head when he was directing us; when i was 15 back in the early 90's i used to watch sleepaway camp with my buddy EVER DAY. So being directed by robert in my mid twenties who a full circle exerience for me. after my stuff was shot i walked around the camp with Jeff Hayes, who i had known for a couple years from the SC reunion in NY, and we checked out some of the other filming locations like Ronnies shack then i drove back to PA. the end.

Mortis
11-14-2008, 05:01 AM
That's pretty sweet!

MorallySound
11-14-2008, 07:51 AM
I've gotta check this one out.

eric_angelus
11-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I watched this last night, and liked it way more than I expected. For me it really did feel a lot like the original.

ekent
11-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I enjoyed it. I found it to be very much in the same vein as the original, but not as good. It had its flaws but overall I was entertained.

Workshed
11-20-2008, 09:18 PM
i keep putting this one off, but I think I am due for a Bad Movie Saturday this weekend.

sgtpeppers
11-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow I can't believe I'm reading so many positive reviews. I absolutely hated this movie.

Shannafey
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
I want to get this, but I'll wait until I find it very cheap!! I've heard very mixed things about it. A lot of people think it is a fun movie, but a bad one!!

Mutilated Prey
11-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Finally watched this last night. Well, it was better than I had expected, but man the first 15 minutes are really annoying. It's like over the top spastic dialog and such. If you can get past that, it becomes more enjoyable.

Basically, after the assistant cook's death

I liked the return of some characters too.

Although, I'm not sure what up with Ricky - gay?

Katatonia
11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Ah yes, the handmade Return to Sleepaway Camp dolls are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmEiyzx_oYM

:lol:

Mutilated Prey
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
LOL - you just like the theme song.

SpaceAce
11-26-2008, 02:30 PM
I agree with mutilated prey

"I liked the return of some characters too."

Although, I'm not sure what up with Ricky - gay?[/QUOTE]

I got the same vibe from Ricky I was wondering the exact same thing.

Luki
12-03-2008, 02:54 PM
What a let down... I expected something in the vein of teh first movie but this one just had nothing... the acting was even worse, atmosphere was gone and everything went more and more dull as the movie went on to a highly predictable end. I enjoyed some parts but as a whole -and I am sorry to say that- this movie was simply bad.

VideoViolence
12-04-2008, 12:24 AM
This was awesome and a lot of fun. I'd like to mention something about the movie, so how do I post a spoiler? I have no clue lol

Katatonia
12-04-2008, 12:32 AM
This was awesome and a lot of fun. I'd like to mention something about the movie, so how do I post a spoiler? I have no clue lol

[ spoiler ]enter the spoiler text here...[ /spoiler ]

just remove the spaces in front/back of the [ and ] shown above in bold and it'll work correctly here, and then look like this:

enter the spoiler text here...

VideoViolence
12-05-2008, 11:26 PM
The fat kid saying "Your ass smells" was pretty funny at least and the movie itself was good, but having no commentary sucked

vampyr789
12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
i really want to see this!! im a HUGE fan of the whole series, (especially the first one) all of them are great!!

i really want to see this one!!

Matt89
12-06-2008, 03:05 AM
LOL me and a couple of my buddies rented this the other night, got high and watched it. This movie's a fucking riot! I mean it's really cheesy, and it's CLEARLY B-Movie material, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

That fat kid, though. I wanted to kill that fucker. Best part of the movie though:

Fat kid: "I hate you all! I hope you fucking die!"
Chef: "What a douche!"

~Matt

zompirejoe
12-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Watched this for the second time last night, and it was a lot of fun. Just as cheesy as the original, with some of the same charm. There are some great death scenes as well. Good stuff, and worthwhile viewing.

VideoViolence
12-24-2008, 01:28 AM
I just wish the friggin' price would go down. And I'm still puzzled as to why there isn't a commentary. Supposedly the production has quite a history and maybe the director didn't want to step on any toes, perhaps.....

bigwes15
12-24-2008, 03:35 AM
Hoping that I will be unwrapping this in two days, if not I'll be buying it immediately thereafter. Shopping for me can be an embarrassing experience, as my girlfriend and poor mother have seen...doesn't stop me from putting Pieces, Sleepaway, and Poultrygeist on this year's want list, though.

Mortis
12-26-2008, 06:11 AM
I received this as a gift. What a great gift.

vampyr789
12-26-2008, 07:06 AM
dang! i didnt get this for x-mas!! it was on my list...
oh well! thank god for gift cards! ;)

(instead of RTSC i got An American werewolf in london...finally)

Bad_Ronald_1983
01-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Awesome! Not as good as the original, but really good, and I liked it better than 2 and 3. It was cool to see some of the old cast as well. Did anybody notice a small line across the picture on the DVD?? Looks like a faint tracking line.

-MATT-

bloodthrill
01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
"Return" was ultimately an entertaining little camp slasher endeavor,but what I saw on the DVD certainly didn't explain the release lag.As for the specific delay for "improved effects",stoner weed's(Adam Wylie)demise was the only truly disturbing gag in the flick.That boy paid for his substance-abusing ways-in full.The scene did harken back to the beloved Pam Sprinsteen sequels,with the drug-free admonition over the taped mouth,but even that made me smile. I found Bella the foodhound's end to be hysterical,as well as satisfying.Good to see a little diversity character-wise,and the one thing that girl did bring to camp was attitude(not to mention every snack cake in existence).Nice blood flow from the nail-embedded body,the MPAA usually would be all over that . Most everyone else(head in a birdcage,for Chris's sake?!)should have approved his/her death before signing on.Really,they should've.

The campers were effectively mean-spirited,(antagonistic,at the very least).TC (Chris Shand)was a decent jerk,though he could've gone farther to torment Alan..the look was right,but he seemed too nice at times,almost like his real personality was bleeding through.Petey seemed like a caricature to me.Worst of all-ALAN!!Is he a frightened fatboy-wimp,or a secret bunkmate bully?I get that he was constantly being picked on by the older,tougher staff and peers,and transferred the mistreatment right back to the younger ones..but something didn't gel.The whole"Your ass stinks" line was just..yeah.Was it the actors?The lines handed to them?(Both?)Call me nuts,but I believed in every one of the original actors' portrayals.M-E-G was a bitch of the highest order.

On the other hand,I doubt I'm alone when I admit to preferring the "every camp has asshole kids,not everyone deserves messy death " approach of the first.In Hiltzik's original,even cool kids like Paul eventually found their asses mutilated.Granted,he fucked up royally involving himself with Judy the scumbag for twenty minutes of the movie,but he seemed like a good guy who sort of wandered off the main camp trail and found himself at the slut's doorstep without really knowing how he got there.Angela's confused sexuality thang also played into the ultra-creepy waterfront climax(bringing me to another sorely missed element in the new installment,the twisted bi-sexuality of the original),but the guy just didn't deserve to end up with his smiling face resting against crazy boy's junk."Return had no sympathetic characters,no one to identify with.Even would-be Final Girl Karen's status as a follower made her unlikable,and therefore fair game.

Also,why did so many deserving of graphic disfigurement live through the massacre?The blonde bimbo lifeguard with inflatable hoo-ha's?Ugly panties-on-the-head boy(a panty-raid themed slaying ,which the trailer lead me to believe would befall him,would've been super)Karen the skank?Marie?The annoying kitchen assistant who called Alan "Fatty-fat-fat"?..need I go on?Lets raise that body count!

The bastard camp employees got off too easy,too.. who the hell edited that dick-ripping scene?Fifteen minutes of build-up,then nah-thing?No prosthetic weenie dragging and bumping along the ground behind the jeep?Linda,still alive and gurgling with nary a drop of gore,aside from the red paint application under the rubber barbed wire?

Lovely Felissa Rose was a welcome addition to the cast,but wasn't she like,way over the top,screaming her lines?And that freeze-frame in mid-laugh?It was..spoofy,dammit!Jonathan Tiersten,you've never been a great thespian,its true..but your "homage" cry of "ANGELLLLAAAA!" was unnecessary and ridiculous.Worked better when you were twelve.The current bleach/dye job should earn you a nice place as bitch of the week at the local S&M club.Hiltzik,what happened?Two or three gruesome deaths do not a great slasher make.

Lastly in my rant,where was the sex?The skinny-dip scenes?I don't recall so much as a bra shot,and these chicks were endowed.Give me extra meat and cheese on my tacos,or don't give them to me at all.

Bottom-line-I'd rather have it than not.Its a fun,mediocre slasher that brings back old favorites,and introduces a few new ones.Enjoy it for what it is.

Mattapooh
06-22-2009, 01:43 AM
FINALLY got around to watching this just now, I thought it was HILARIOUS! That one gag with the spear and the whole in the floor and then the dude screaming with panties on his head? PRICELESS.

My wife laughed even more than I did, it was ridiculously funny and the kills were REALLY good.

I expected a piece of garbage after all the posts on here, so finding something so fun was neat.

indiephantom
06-22-2009, 02:33 AM
I really like it.:banana:

Body Boy
06-22-2009, 03:26 AM
I liked it as well. On par with Part III for me. Though the original beats the hell out of all of them.

I think people were just not fans of this before it came out, what with the delays and such. That could be it, since it turned out better than most slasher of the 2000s. Not that that's saying anything.

fattyjoe37
08-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Just watched this for the first time and I'd say it's the best of the sequels, but is still a terrible movie. They really should've just stopped after the classic original.

Slackjaw83
08-14-2009, 07:21 AM
I finally got around to checking this out a few weeks back and I actually really enjoyed it. Completely fun and outrageous. "Your Ass Stinks!" is probably going to be my new "King Insult" for awhile. :D

That said, I actually prefer part 2 to the original, so mayhap I'm not the best person to ask about their opinion on the movie, lol.

17thJuggalo
08-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I saw this about two weeks ago.

While I did crack up a bunch of times during this movie, seeing Alan on screen after about 20 minutes made me cringe. Such a "nails on a chalkboard" performance that just annoyed the living shit out of me. Reminded me of my little brother when we were kids, which didn't help at all.

The kills were fun (when they actually happened) and I'm glad they brought some old cast members back, but overall the constant torment and whining of Alan really turned me off to this movie. It seemed like it never ended.

snowbeast323
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Is this even out in the U.K.? I can't find it anywhere!

Mortis
09-27-2009, 04:33 AM
Your ass stinks! I've watched it probably fifteen times, but I need to watch it again soon.

CaptHowdy
09-28-2009, 07:16 AM
The fat kid was probably the most annoying character I have ever seen. The 2nd and 3rd sequels are far superior, IMHO.

chrismac87
09-28-2009, 08:17 AM
I just got done watching this and I have to say overall, it was all right.

I don't think it's any worse than the other films in the series, aside from the first film, the sequels are pretty much what this is...with some few minor differences.

You can say whatever you want about this film but it does feel closer to the first film than any of the original sequels do. Unfortunately, it's made about 20 years too late and feels almost half assed.

The biggest qualm for me about this movie was you didn't like ANYONE, not even the poor tortured Alan. He's just as much of an instigator as the rest of them are and everytime he opens his mouth, you know someone's going to do something to him. That's the other thing, something's ALWAYS happening to him. I don't think there is one frame of this film where this kid isn't being picked on by someone including the counselors who are supposed to be caring for him.

Now I've never been to summer camp before, but I can almost bet counselors don't take pleasure in watching a kid nearly drown or get stripped down in front of everyone so they can all gawk at him. I know it's supposed to be this great big thing where Alan "snaps" after so much, but I mean come on - it's every other scene for crying out loud. Not that I was expecting any bit of character development but jeez the only reason you know anyone in this film is because their name may be mentioned more than once or they've returned from the original film. Not to mention there is not a single character you feel an iota of sympathy for with maybe the exception of one or two of the counselors - the one accused of being Angela, I can't remember her name because her part is so brief or Ronnie who I think can handle his own, but you can't help yourself. Everyone else is just slasher fare which although is pretty typical, you can usually find at least ONE main character who you can stick to. That's the whole idea isn't it?

The other thing this film lacked was any bit of a story - I know I'm beating a dead horse here - but all we're subjected to is a scene with someone or multiple people picking on Alan, someone dying, Alan getting picked on, someone dying, rinse, repeat until done. That's the entire film in a nutshell.

With that said, I still didn't mind it. It's your basic run of the mill slasher, nothing worse or better than the sequels or the original film in this series or any of the other FRIDAY THE 13TH knock offs that followed.

I really was expecting the worst when I saw this, judging by all the negative reviews I read when it came out I'm sure everyone can understand why, but I just decided to give it a shot and I'm not thrilled I did, but I'm not disappointed either.

snowbeast323
09-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I simply cannot get hold of this film :( :( :(

old-boo-radley
09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I bought it like 6 months ago. I probably should watch it. Maybe by 2018.

Korngold
09-28-2009, 11:14 PM
I simply cannot get hold of this film :( :( :(

I know I rented the film on my 360. If I could ever wish to get two hours of my life back, it would be for this film.

Mok
08-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Return to Sleepaway Camp comes out tomorrow on DVD. I watched it over the weekend. Within the first five minutes it convinced me that it was written and directed by Robert Hiltzik, the genius behind the original. This is one of the most fulfilling horror film sequels I've ever seen. If you love the original, you'll love this. Go buy it tomorrow!

MorallySound
08-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Return to Sleepaway Camp comes out tomorrow on DVD. I watched it over the weekend. Within the first five minutes it convinced me that it was written and directed by Robert Hiltzik, the genius behind the original. This is one of the most fulfilling horror film sequels I've ever seen. If you love the original, you'll love this. Go buy it tomorrow!

Return to Sleepaway Camp has been out on DVD since November 2008...

rhett
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
In Canada they have this sucker at The Real Canadian Superstore for like $5 new. It's in the bargain bin. Best $5 you'll ever spend if you like the old skool. Your ass stinks.

Mok
08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
REally? Shit. Amazon was telling me it comes out tomorrow. Ah well I will hit the Superstore for sure. This one flew under my radar I guess. Man my ass stinks...

MorallySound
08-09-2010, 06:52 PM
In Canada they have this sucker at The Real Canadian Superstore for like $5 new. It's in the bargain bin. Best $5 you'll ever spend if you like the old skool. Your ass stinks.

I'm going to have to check out their DVD bin this week.

booper71
08-09-2010, 09:07 PM
The kid spouting your ass stinks every few minutes at least gave this flick something memorable like it or not.

HAEMORRHAGE
08-10-2010, 05:03 AM
Well, while we're at it, any news on the Michael Simpson SC sequel?

Mattapooh
08-11-2010, 01:57 AM

It's in the "3 for $10" bin at the ones here, such a great deal for such a ridiculously funny movie.

Ash28M
08-11-2010, 02:17 AM
It's in the "3 for $10" bin at the ones here, such a great deal for such a ridiculously funny movie.

Cheaper still I saw it at zellers last week in a 6 for $6 previously viewed pack. Autopsy and Jack Brooks Monster Slayer where also in different packs.

rhett
08-11-2010, 05:26 AM

Yeah, that's the one I got. Couldn't remember as it's been about four or so months since I bought it. Probably the best bang for the buck DVD I've got in years.

spawningblue
04-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Aghhh... I don't know what to think of this film, and I can't decide whether I hated it or liked it, although as of now I'm leaning on the not so good side.

Not one of the character's was the least bit likeable. Allan, the kid you should feel bad for is just as much of a prick and annoying as the characters tormenting him, so you never feel bad for him in the slightest. What kind of camp is this by the way? Some of the kids were 12 or 13 while some of the others were young adults. I was confused as some of the kids looked like they were the same age as the counsellors watching them. Is it a camp for troubled teens!? The dialog was beyond awful and the story... well there was none.

On the other hand, as awful as the dialog was, it was also quite humorous because of how stupid it was and the kills were pretty good. It was like watching a train wreck, you are just hypnotized by its awfulness and can't look away. I will also admit that where many films have failed this one actually feels like it was shot in the 80s. It easily would fit in with the other three films, although at the bottom of the pile for me, but still impressive to pull that off.

Anyway, I'm in no rush to run out and watch this one again like the first and second film, but I will probably watch it again within the next few years.