PDA

View Full Version : Amazon giving HD-DVD owners $50 credit

Reverenddave
04-09-2008, 11:36 PM
If you've bought an HD-DVD Player from Amazon (before 2/23/08), check your email. They just sent me a code good for $50 credit on a future purchase.

That makes my $49.99 Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on free! WooHoo!

KR~!
04-10-2008, 01:41 AM
which is just what it is worth.

Reverenddave
04-10-2008, 02:03 AM
which is just what it is worth.

Good point.

Of course, I also got the King Kong HD-DVD inside the box, which I sold for $14. And it came with the Xbox Remote that I was going to buy ($20). So actually, I'm $34 ahead. Plus add in the 5 Free HD-DVD movies through the mail-in rebate offer.

Sure it's not a Blu-Ray machine, but it still plays HD movies. And I've been enjoying films in high-def like Casablanca, the Bourne Trilogy, The Frighteners, The Thing, Tremors, Zodiac, Children Of Men, Slither, Serenity, 12 Monkeys, Army Of Darkness, Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc. But I'm sure the Blu-Ray discs are just as good. Oh right, they're not on Blu-Ray. Too bad.

Reverenddave
04-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I came out way ahead on this. Amazon sent me a $50 credit for each of my HD-DVD players ($100 total).

I first picked up an Xbox HD-DVD add-on back when Amazon had it as a $79.99 Deal Of The Day. I ended up trading that in at Best Buy for $120 credit. I picked up a second one when it dropped to $49.99 and decided to keep it as a back-up for my standalone HD-DVD player.

Total Cost = $130
Received = $220 in Amazon/BB credit + Xbox HD-DVD Player + Xbox Remote + King Kong HD-DVD + 5 Free HD-DVD (mail-in rebate)

I love Amazon!