PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas 8/26

X-human
05-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will launch its first embedded digital copy within the standard DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases of Tim Burtonís The Nightmare Before Christmas: Collectorís Edition on Aug. 26.

[EDIT]

Among the extras in both standard and Blu-ray sets are an original poem penned by Burton that is narrated by actor Christopher Lee and commentary from Burton, director Henry Selick and composer Danny Elfman. Several featurettes are also packed into the releases, including a tour of Disneylandís Haunted Mansion ride and a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of Nightmare Before Christmas. Burtonís short film Vincent also is included.

Nightmare Before Christmas will street as a two-disc standard set ($32.99), one-disc Blu-ray ($39.99) and limited edition Ultimate Collectorís standard DVD set ($179.99).http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6565290.html?nid=3511

No word on Frankenweenie. That's too bad because it's a favorite of mine and ironically one of the main reasons for me to want to own this.

othervoice1
05-31-2008, 12:54 AM
I gotta have the blu-ray of this one- the corpse bride looks amazing on blu-ray so I hope this is up to that level

Spacevis
05-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Maybe they didn't add Frankenweenie because it's being made into a feature film...

blu
07-26-2008, 10:22 PM
I gotta have the blu-ray of this one- the corpse bride looks amazing on blu-ray so I hope this is up to that level

Agreed. Corpse Bride is a great movie too! The Nightmare Before Christmas is a true modern day classic though, IMO. There is an extended promo for it's upcoming BD on some of the newer Disney BDs and they're sure talking it up good. I think they'll be delivering a terrific disc.

Latency
09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I have this and it looks AMAZING compared to the SD release. So much detail that you could not see before. It's movies like this that really make HD shine.