PDA

View Full Version : Which Blu-Underground are you anticipating most?

rhett
06-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Now that the format war is over and Blu-Ray has won, many of the big niche companies have finally made a commitment to the format. Stragglers like Dark Sky and Criterion have finally announced their new titles, and so too have cult masters Blue Underground. Which of Lustig's initial slate interests you most?

Franco
06-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Dead & Buried. Haven't seen some of the other titles here but I totally loved this one.

maskull
06-07-2008, 07:27 PM
The Stendhal Syndrome

not that I have Blu Ray. But if I did, this one be the one I'd get.

Jason25
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage

Hellbilly
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Dead & Buried.

If I ever switch to Blu Ray and Dead & Buried was available I'd get it.

DrHerbertWest
06-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Dead & Buried.

If I ever switch to Blu Ray and Dead & Buried was available I'd get it.

Stole the words right outta my mouth.

BoredSeal
06-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Both Argentos of course - this is the kind of visual experience BluRay is designed for, right? :)

meddle
06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I am most interested in the two Argento's titles The Stendhal Syndrome and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. I am also very interested in seeing Maniac in Hi Def.:cool:

Stige
06-07-2008, 09:05 PM
voted stedhal syndrome as it's probably the best choice for
whenever i get bluray of course

dead and buried, maniac, and bird need a little grit imho.

bwana the clown
06-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Deep And Buried. Not necessarily the best of that list, but I have all the other good ones on DVD and I'll be damned, damned, damned if I'm gonna rebuy my whole bloody collection!

fceurich39
06-08-2008, 02:05 AM
the 2 most anticipated titles for me isn't on there yet which are
Zombie hopefully with some new extras and the crazies but i voted for dead & buried which is really the only title of the first line that interests me

rp108
06-08-2008, 04:22 AM
I am most interested in seeing Maniac in High Definition but since I own that on DVD I am not double dipping, at least until the Blu-ray version is cheap. I voted for Dead and Buried and I will be getting a few others. What I REALLY want is City of the Living Dead on Blu-ray.

Myron Breck
06-08-2008, 05:55 AM
I am in no hurry to step up to the next technological level...but seeing mention of DEAD & BURIED, MANIAC, and VIGILANTE sure make the mouth water.

DeathDealer
06-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Fire and Ice

killit
06-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Stendhal of course, followed by bird. I just saw mother of tears on thebig screen, awesome!

rhett
06-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Fire and Ice
With that response your "Dario Argento Nut" user title should be officially revoked.

dwatts
06-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Bird.... it's the one I most look forward too.

Those wanting dead and buried on Blu-Ray are going to be severaly disapointed. That film isn't in good shape, full of tons of grain. Either they're going to have remove it all digitally (yuk), or I reckon it'll look a lot like the DVD.....

Regurgitate
06-08-2008, 05:38 PM
dead and buried, maniac, and bird need a little grit imho.

The grit will be there, just much clearer! On another note, I don't have any appreciation for Dead & Buried. What am I missing?

I of course can't wait for BWTCP, but there are better Argentos that could be released first.

satans-sadists
06-09-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm not yet looking to go Blu-Ray, but if I did, Dead and Buried would probably be my first choice from this list. Bird With the Crystal Plumage would be my second choice. I can't put into words how much I hate The Stendhal Syndrome! I picked up that 2 disc edition from Blue Underground last year on a blind buy and would have to say it was the biggest waste of $20.00 ever! :mad:

Regurgitate
06-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Count me as another Stendhal Syndrome blind buyer that was not impressed. What was with the incredibly pathetic CGI? I bet that would look really good in HD.;)

Vlachio
06-09-2008, 05:00 AM
Count me as another Stendhal Syndrome blind buyer that was not impressed. What was with the incredibly pathetic CGI? I bet that would look really good in HD.;)

I saw that a few years ago. The movie is bad, bad! I used to hate Trauma too. After watching Stendhal I suddenly started liking Trauma allot. Sometimes all it takes is a really bad movie to appreciate another bad movie. :eek:

Regurgitate
06-09-2008, 05:14 AM
I saw that a few years ago. The movie is bad, bad! I used to hate Trauma too. After watching Stendhal I suddenly started liking Trauma allot. Sometimes all it takes is a really bad movie to appreciate another bad movie. :eek:

I always liked Trauma but not solely based on the merits of the film itself. I had/have a bias because it was filmed in Minneapolis, at least the exteriors were. Most of the enjoyment came from recognizing the locations. Pretty lame I suppose. That murder weapon that decapitated the victims! Just dumb.

spawningblue
06-09-2008, 06:46 AM
I picked Bird cause it is my favourite film on that list, and one of my favourite Argento films, and if it's worth the upgrade, I will pick it up for sure. To be honest though I will probably pick up Maniac first as I don't own that, nor have I seen it, but it sounds pretty good. Dead and Buried I already have on DVD, but liked it a lot so maybe down the road I may re buy it if its worth the upgrade, and Stendhal I don't own, nor have I seen, but the reviews don't seem to be too good for it, so I may pick it up when its cheap.

indiephantom
06-10-2008, 04:23 AM
I would go with Maniac. Don't have Blu-Ray or HD capability yet...in no rush.

Mutilated Prey
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Uncle Sam? wtf?

Grim
06-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Definitely Bird, then Stendhal, Maniac, and Two Evil Eyes. I just hope they release on blu-ray the other Argento titles they have soon.

Spitfire
06-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Bird with the Crystal Plumage.

Followed by:

Maniac.
Dead and Buried.

The one I'm really waiting for is . . . Suspiria!

badnewsbrown
06-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Fire and Ice.

zombi3
06-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Maniac, followed by Dead & Buried. What I really can't wait for is Zombie...I hope it is announced soon.

Vlachio
06-18-2008, 12:00 PM
I always liked Trauma but not solely based on the merits of the film itself. I had/have a bias because it was filmed in Minneapolis, at least the exteriors were. Most of the enjoyment came from recognizing the locations. Pretty lame I suppose. That murder weapon that decapitated the victims! Just dumb.

The decapitation weapon was the shit. It however did not help the movie from stinking up my DVD player. I had to take my DVD player to rehab after watching that turd. :o

One thing I can not stand about movies is recognizing areas. That takes away all the magic from it. Especially when the area it's filmed in is a pit stop.

Vlachio
06-18-2008, 12:01 PM
The poll says I voted anyway I really want in HIGH DEF is Two Evil Eyes. Yeah I got a sweet spot for that movie.

Rocker10
06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Had to go with Dead and Buried. Will pick up a few others as well.

maybrick
06-23-2008, 10:45 PM
I chose Dead and Buried but I'd take Shock Waves over any of those.

darklight
06-28-2008, 10:44 AM
How about some Bava on Blu Ray!

It's me, Billy
01-21-2009, 10:04 PM
The New York Ripper