PDA

View Full Version : Blu-Ray Discs. How many do you own?

Spitfire
06-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Blu-Ray has been out and about for a while now and it's won the next gen format . . . so how many of them do you currently own? And how many horror one's have you picked up as well?

My answer (26) currently.

As horror movie goes I've picked up The Shining, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Halloween.

I'm curious if Blu-Ray Horror movies will be reviewed on the site in the future, since it's picking up more steam in the "Horror" selections? (Rhett/Dave?)

Jason25
06-15-2008, 11:27 PM

Although I have most catalog titles that I want, I find myself only getting the newer releases coming out. I hope more quality catalog titles start appearing later this year.

Grim
06-16-2008, 12:15 AM
About 60 or 70, haven't counted them in awhile.

Dave
06-16-2008, 01:48 AM
No love for HD-DVD? Bastards. Time to start another thread...

:)

SaviniFan
06-16-2008, 01:59 AM
I own 7 at the moment. Most new title purchases will be blu-ray only.

killit
06-16-2008, 02:18 AM
I own blade runner and 2001. Both purchased at amazon Gor around twenty bucks each. Blade runner looks fantasic, 2001 pretty good, having just seen it in 70mm, it pales a little. Honestly, I was going to buy cloverfield, but it took to long to come out on br and I'm kinda burnt on the film. I really want day and date bluray, like I just bought the anton corbjin movie "control" on DVD, cause there is no sign of a blu ray coming anytime soon (its a Weinstein dist picture too, so mot may not get blu either :( )

KamuiX
06-16-2008, 02:50 AM
I have 32. Been trying to save money the past few months or I'm sure I'd have double that, as there's a lot of stuff that's been released lately that I want (Rambo boxset, Cloverfield, 30 Days of Night, There Will Be Blood, etc.)

Reverenddave
06-16-2008, 03:05 AM
I've got about 300 BR and around 150 HD. I'd sold a bunch of HDs right when the format died and the resale price was still good. Then I re-bought a bunch when the liquidation sales started.

Vlachio
06-16-2008, 03:49 AM
All I have is Halloween and no player to play it on.

Ash28M
06-16-2008, 03:54 AM
I've got 13, 11 Horror.

spawningblue
06-16-2008, 04:01 AM
I've only just entered the Blu-Ray world, not even a month yet. I have 8 movies so far. Only horror I have is 30 Days of Night.

I have been mostly only picking up newer films as well, but if it's a favourite or I find a good deal on an older movie, I will pick it up as well. Looking forward to quite a few releases, Lost Boys, Doomsday, Batman Begins, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dark City, Point Break to name a few. Oh, and a few of the releases from Blue Underground.

eric_angelus
06-16-2008, 05:14 AM
About 40

Spitfire
06-16-2008, 08:24 AM
All I have is Halloween and no player to play it on.

Good Choice! It looks better than ever on Blu-Ray. This was my first purchase as well.

Sam
06-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm nearing 20. Still being very picky as to what I'm purchasing. I'm mainly going with titles I know I'll watch over and over. Just because it looks and sounds better doesn't mean I'll buy it if it'll sit on my shelf for 10 years unwatched like many of my previous impulse buying sprees.

Noto
06-16-2008, 10:00 AM
According to DVDAF, I have 74 Blu-rays. There are a few impulses, gifts and freebies in there, but mostly are movies that get rewatched.

Horror would include, American Psycho, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, The Descent, Evil Dead II, The Host, Hostel, Night of the Werewolf/Vengeance of the Zombies, the Resident Evil trilogy, The Shining, and the two Underworld films (if they count).

Vlachio
06-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Good Choice! It looks better than ever on Blu-Ray. This was my first purchase as well.

That may easily be my last. They need to release more horror films. Friend of mine is selling me they're PSX 3 cheap. So I figured it would be nice to at least have 1 movie handy. I think they're system came with a spiderman movie. :cool:

X-human
06-16-2008, 11:06 PM
The three other options combined don't equal the number of people over 21, think we need a new set of questions.

I own 124 and have 9 on order. Things got kinda crazy near the end of 2007 and I bought practically everything I wanted. From January till now there just hasn't been much out there so I've picked up very few.

I'm still not too impressed with the upcoming line up, but that's OK it'll save me money.

Darga
06-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Just have the Blade Runner Complete Collector's Edition I picked up off Amazon for $20. I just got a PS3 this past month so I'm sure I'll start picking up some horror titles soon. I want to get Dawn and Day of the Dead and Evil Dead II, but are they just going to end up putting out better versions of these titles some time in the not-to-distant future?

Reverenddave
06-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I want to get Dawn and Day of the Dead and Evil Dead II, but are they just going to end up putting out better versions of these titles some time in the not-to-distant future?

On one hand, Anchor Bay has displayed very little interest in Blu-Ray since their first wave of releases last year. On the other hand, Anchor Bay takes great delight in releasing the same titles over and over again.

So I'm sure we'll get a double-dip eventually, but I guess it depends on your definition of "not to distant future". And it's possible any future rerelease will just be extra bonus features and not improved video/audio.

Those Anchor Bay titles are currently on sale at BestBuy.com as part of a Buy 2 Blu-Rays for $25 promotion. That's not the best price I've seen, but it's very reasonable. You can always sell them when the double-dip is announced.

Regurgitate
06-17-2008, 12:59 AM
52 BRs for me and I have had to show a little restraint. Such a shame that I have 27 HD DVDs. The price I pay for early adoption I guess.

zombi3
06-17-2008, 01:18 AM
I currently have 9 Blu-ray Discs (and 30+ HD DVDs).

fceurich39
06-17-2008, 01:47 AM
i just have six blu-ray discs
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Disturbia
I Am Legend
Halloween
Blade Runner 5 disc set

Vlachio
06-26-2008, 11:40 AM
i just have six blu-ray discs
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Disturbia
I Am Legend
Halloween
Blade Runner 5 disc set

That pretty much sums up all I would actually consider buying too!:rolleyes:

Kolpitz
07-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I currently stand at 82 but that's increasing all the time. I can't kick the habit.

dcrw6
07-05-2008, 12:19 AM
I just bought my first Blu-ray: AVP: Requiem for six bucks. I figured why not when I found it. Even though I won't have an HDTV and Blu-ray player until next month, might as well get a few to stock up with in the meantime. I also plan on buying The Ruins, the director's cut of Dark City, and Doomsday this month.

blu
07-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm currently at 195 BDs. With all of the new releases planned for the upcoming holiday season I don't know how I'll be able to keep up. I'm hoping for more horror announcements but I'm happy that Universal's giving us that 3 pack at least.

Max Yokell
07-28-2008, 04:51 PM
I haven't counted but I have over 50 Blu-ray discs for sure and likely another 25 or so HD discs on that other format. :)

Max

indiephantom
07-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I just went BD about a week ago. I only own 5 titles so far...but that will change. ;) The only horror one I own right now is Hostel: Director's Cut which is good, but probably my worst-looking BD of the small collection.

drown021
09-07-2008, 04:33 PM
wow,some of you have a ton of BD already. I have about 10. Still not willing to shell out $30 a disc unless I really must have it.Still waiting for the price drop, so I'm sure I'll be waiting a little while longer.

MorallySound
09-07-2008, 06:15 PM
What, no option for 0? Well I guess I can't vote....

Noto
09-07-2008, 07:23 PM
According to DVDAF, I have 74 Blu-rays. There are a few impulses, gifts and freebies in there, but mostly are movies that get rewatched.

I'm up to 97 now thanks to Transformers arriving yesterday. Purchasing has definitely slowed, seeing as how I just don't feel like spending money frivolously.

I need to get Nightmare Before Christmas too.

booper71
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Hollywood Horror/Action etc... :fire:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The Lost Boys
Lost Boys 2
Hellboy
Batman Begins
The Punisher
Ghost Rider
Transformers
Halloween
Evil Dead 2
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Night of the Werewolf/Vengeance of the Zombies

Whorror Movies :sperm:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The Texas Vibrator Massacre
Cheerleaders
Babysitters
Gabriella Fox: Sexy Hot!
Pirates
Operation Desert Stormy
Debbie Does Dallas Again
Mobster's Ball
Coming Home

Matt89
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM

Bonnie & Clyde
Blade Runner
Bullitt
Cool Hand Luke
First Blood
Gattaca
The Getaway
Halloween
The Mummy
The Prestige
The Road Warrior
The Searchers
The Shining
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Twister
The Warriors

~Matt

AndiOne
09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I have 40+ today.
But more is on it`s way home.
After the HD-DVD crash i bought ~100 hd-dvd`s but now i`m back focusing on Blu-Rays.

indiephantom
08-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Just over a year and I'm now up to 83 titles. Fun fucking format!

Kolpitz
08-02-2009, 01:01 AM
I broke the 200 mark a few weeks ago. I'm currently sitting at 211.

MorallySound
08-02-2009, 01:15 AM
I have 10.

Harry Warden
08-02-2009, 01:36 AM
One - The Shining which I just bought but I also just got a Blu-Ray player and a HDTV so give me time!! :lol:

indiephantom
08-02-2009, 02:09 AM
One - The Shining which I just bought but I also just got a Blu-Ray player and a HDTV so give me time!! :lol:

Nice inaugral title! :banana:

rxfiend
08-02-2009, 02:37 AM
I havd 26. I have 3x that on HD-DVD though!

msw7
08-02-2009, 02:47 AM
No option for zero?

i may buy a player soon-ish - within the next year or so, but until then I am going to stay at zero.

X-human
08-02-2009, 03:35 AM
224 Blu's
6 On Order
19 D-VHS

I just watched Galaxy Quest on D-VHS the other night. Looked great. There's probably only 3 titles I'll replace from those.

fattyjoe37
08-02-2009, 05:36 AM
None. I'm an avid supporter of good old DVD.

vampyr789
08-02-2009, 05:59 AM

yea me too. im not planning on upgrading anytime soon. too much $$$

Matt89
08-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Really? Cuz tons of blu-rays are on sale on amazon ALL the time for like $9.99-19.99. This includes most Warner titles, Criterion blu-rays (many Criterion blu-rays are actually CHEAPER than their DVD counterparts).

To be honest...with blu-rays being as cheap as they are, there's almost no reason not to upgrade.

Don't mean to be a dick to those of you who haven't made the jump yet, I'm just pointing out that blu-rays really AREN'T that expensive anymore. Even MGM has slashed their prices on blu-rays.

~Matt

msw7
08-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Really? Cuz tons of blu-rays are on sale on amazon ALL the time for like $9.99-19.99. This includes most Warner titles, Criterion blu-rays (many Criterion blu-rays are actually CHEAPER than their DVD counterparts).

To be honest...with blu-rays being as cheap as they are, there's almost no reason not to upgrade.

Don't mean to be a dick to those of you who haven't made the jump yet, I'm just pointing out that blu-rays really AREN'T that expensive anymore. Even MGM has slashed their prices on blu-rays.

~Matt

For me the cost of the disks isn't as much the issue, it's the cost of a region free player (I've seen a great one for $300, which isn't bad, but I'm not quite there yet....)

Matt89
08-02-2009, 07:25 AM
To be honest though, I don't know how much of a point there is right now in having a region-free blu-ray player. I mean, right now the UK has a few advantages. They have Salo and Red Desert on blu-ray, and they're region-locked. However, Salo is owned by Criterion in the US, so it's bound to get a blu-ray release eventually (considering the film was completely remastered in HD) and Red Desert is coming out in 2010 from Criterion. They also have what? The Goonies, Gremlins, The Thing with all the features missing from the Region A blu-ray, but these are all region-free anyway. Warner, Universal and Paramount are universally region-free so there's no issue there.

The only thing that really bugs me that's region-locked is the BFI blu-ray of Saturday Night and Sunday Morning.

But with so many titles currently mastered in HD (but still only available on DVD) they're bound to eventually hit blu. That's the way I see it, anyway.

~Matt

vampyr789
08-02-2009, 07:43 AM

~Matt

i need an HDTV, bluray player, sound system, and the blu-rays....yea too much money.

fattyjoe37
08-02-2009, 07:54 AM
i need an HDTV, bluray player, sound system, and the blu-rays....yea too much money.

Exactly

msw7
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
To be honest though, I don't know how much of a point there is right now in having a region-free blu-ray player. I mean, right now the UK has a few advantages. They have Salo and Red Desert on blu-ray, and they're region-locked. However, Salo is owned by Criterion in the US, so it's bound to get a blu-ray release eventually (considering the film was completely remastered in HD) and Red Desert is coming out in 2010 from Criterion. They also have what? The Goonies, Gremlins, The Thing with all the features missing from the Region A blu-ray, but these are all region-free anyway. Warner, Universal and Paramount are universally region-free so there's no issue there.

The only thing that really bugs me that's region-locked is the BFI blu-ray of Saturday Night and Sunday Morning.

But with so many titles currently mastered in HD (but still only available on DVD) they're bound to eventually hit blu. That's the way I see it, anyway.

~Matt

I don't know about other-region blu's, but when I upgrade I want to make sure that I maintain backwards compatibility with my existing DVDs, many of which are PAL and/or not region 1.

I could always keep my current DVD player, but if and when it dies I'd rather have a seamless transition.

So that's really the main issue for me.

(plus the reason I tend to need a region free player is that I'm impatient, and don't always wait for the region 1 release... that probably won't change in a hurry)

HoldenMcNeil
08-02-2009, 09:58 AM
31 all together, including all 5 saw films.

Dave
08-02-2009, 11:13 AM
11 to 20 ; probably around 15. I did just get two more. Both Criterion's - Third Man and Seventh Seal. Yum. Next will probably be Night of the Creeps unless another good sale comes along. I may get Ghostbusters, too. $8.99 is pretty damn cheap.

vampyr789
08-02-2009, 11:35 AM
i am just fine with my 4x3 TV and DVD/VHS combo with over 200 DVD (not just horror) in my collection. but having a HDTV would be nice tho

Matt89
08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Having an HDTV enhances the picture so much (even DVDs) - the image has better color, more depth. Especially many blu-rays (ones that haven't been DNR'd) - look like actual film. Criterion's The Third Man and Last Year at Marienbad are two amazing examples. They look simply stunning.

~Matt

Stige
08-02-2009, 05:42 PM
somewhere close to 100 , haven't got a seperate list so plus minus 10 would be correct. Been buying less lately because the leap on some weren't that much from the original dvd's. But all the catalog titles I have have been incredible improvements, so bring on the 70's and 80's horror

russweiss
08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I currently have 41 BR titles and as prices continue to come down I'll add more. I've got nearly 2000 DVD's.

Katatonia
08-03-2009, 01:41 AM
164 owned Blu-rays currently.

dickieduvet
08-03-2009, 01:44 AM
About 350 at last count.

Harry Warden
08-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Now at 2: I have The Shining, which, by the way, looks absolutely terrific on Blu-Ray,and I just bought the unrated version of American Psycho today.

Amazonagent
08-03-2009, 03:56 AM
I presently have 37 blu-rays. My collection was slow to start but lately with all the great deals on-line and some patience I've been ramping up my BD purchasing. :)

BrokeNads
08-03-2009, 05:29 AM
I have no blurays. I want.

I want Troll 2 in bluray. When I get I make a dance like this banana. :banana:

f.ramses
08-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I've only got 13, if only there were better movies on this format and it wasn't going to take so long for the good stuff that's been announced to get here...

The Terminator
Apocalypto
The Devil's Rejects
Martyrs
Salo
Inside
My Bloody Valentine 3D
The Shining
Night of the Werewolf/Vengeance of the Zombies
Faces of Death
Rambo
Plague Town
...can't remember #13... Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Waiting on #14, [Rec]; it's being shipped from Spain right now.

Regarding whether it's worth owning a region free player... yes. True, there are a lot of unlocked releases and there aren't a lot of exclusive region locked releases either but for me it's just principle, I just couldn't bring myself to spend all that money buying one of those crippled pieces of shit they sell in the stores knowing they're designed to not play certain discs for no real technical reason other than "because we made it that way"... As a consumer I just find this extremely insulting.

dave13
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I've got 56 so far, mostly films, but a few tv shows (prison break s3 and band of brothers). Most of them are older movies (a LOT from warners) like Bullit, The Searchers, The Sand Pebbles, Enter the Dragon, etc. There are a few new ones as well like the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, Rambo (along with the first 3), and Journey to the Center of the Earth (a gift).

13 of the films could be classified as horror, although some (Zodiac, Donnie Darko) are borderline...i've included them all:

The Stendhal Syndrome
The Ruins
Zodiac
Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers
It Came From Beneath the Sea
20 Million Miles to Earth
Hellraiser
Repo: The Genetic Opera
My Bloody Valentine 3D
Donnie Darko
The Mummy
Night of the Werewolf
Vengeance of the Zombies

FilmFiend
08-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Me too. There have been too many format changes within the last several years. I still haven't updated some of my old VHS titles to DVD yet. I'm not going out and buying all new equipment for a very limited selection of Blu-ray discs.

I did see The Omega Man (1971) at Goodwill the other day, but since I don't have a Blu player to check it out I didn't want to sell something that might be defective on Ebay. :o It was only $2.99.

Marv Inc.
08-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Got a few i'am trying to sell my dvds before i replace them with the Blu, getting really bad money for my old dvds though they seem to be worth Squat.

Of the top of my head I have

Batman
Batam Retruns
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Full Metal Jacket
To Live and Die in L.A
Blade Runner DC
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Poltergiest
Final Destination
Shawshank Redemtion
The Thing
First Blood
First Blood Part II
Rambo III
Nico: Above the Law
Baraka
Watchmen DC
Goonies
Dark City
L.A Confidential
Death Proof
Starship Troopers
Superman Retruns
Eden Lake
Ghostbusters
Queen: Rock Montreal and Live Aid

It's me, Billy
08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Blu-ray Discs: 37

1.) 27 Dresses
2.) Baby Mama
3.) Black Christmas (1974) (2008 Canadian Anchor Bay release)
4.) Black Christmas (2006) (2008 Canadian release)
5.) The Brave One
6.) Bride Wars
7.) Can't Hardly Wait
8.) Children of the Corn
9.) Coyote Ugly
10.) Cruel Intentions
11.) Dirty Harry
12.) Eyes Wide Shut
13.) Friday the 13th (1980)
14.) Friday the 13th, Part III
15.) Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
16.) The Grudge
17.) Halloween (1978)
18.) Halloween (2007)
19.) Heathers
20.) The House Bunny
21.) I Know What You Did Last Summer
22.) I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
23.) I Know Who Killed Me
24.) Labor Pains
25.) Mamma Mia
26.) Mean Girls
27.) The Mist
28.) Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
29.) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) (2008 Canadian release)
30.) Over California (one of those Travel Channel-type shows focusing on the beauty of California)
31.) Prom Night (2008)
32.) The Shining (1980)
33.) The Simpsons Movie
34.) The Strangers
35.) The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
36.) Vacancy
37.) Wild Things

HD DVDs: 11

1.) The Big Lebowski
2.) Black Christmas (2006)
3.) Cat People (1982)
4.) Dazed and Confused
5.) Deliverance
6.) Eyes Wide Shut
7.) The Hitcher (2007)
8.) Mallrats
9.) The Shining (1980)
10.) The Thing (1982)
11.) Tremors

dickieduvet
08-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I went HD-DVD first, Doh !
Replaced most of them onto Blu-Ray now, There seems to be a lot more choice here in the UK, Although I do import loads of discs still.

spawningblue
08-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Damn my list got erased. I don't feel like typing it up again, but I think my total was 101.

Mutilated Prey
08-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Whoops, I need to change my vote to over 21 - I gots 22 now :D

American Psycho
Black Christmas
Dog Soldiers
Friday the 13th (Remake)
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Full Metal Jacket
Halloween
House of 1000 Corpses
Let The Right One In
My Bloody Valentine 3D
Steelers Superbowl Championship Season Superbowl XLIII
The Descent
The Devil's Rejects
The Omen (Remake)
The Patriot
The Prestige
The Terminator
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Sam
08-07-2009, 02:27 AM
In the year since I first posted this thread, I've doubled my collection to 43 titles. Nearly all of my purchases are still regular dvd since blu ray's still terribly limited for catalog titles and not always at a price I'm keen on paying for what will realistically be just a couple of viewings every decade.

spawningblue
08-07-2009, 03:04 AM
In the year since I first posted this thread, I've doubled my collection to 43 titles. Nearly all of my purchases are still regular dvd since blu ray's still terribly limited for catalog titles and not always at a price I'm keen on paying for what will realistically be just a couple of viewings every decade.

Yeah I too would say 80% of what I'm buying is still DVDs. They have a lot more available and are still a lot more better priced even if Blu Rays are getting cheaper. I find so many DVDs for $6 if not cheaper used. Blu Rays it's hard to find too many goo titles under $15.

drown021
08-09-2009, 11:51 PM
I have about between 12-15. I only have 1 blu ray player in the living room but watch most of my horror movies in the man cave (sd tv) or bedroom which don't have blu-ray players yet.So I've been sticking to DVD for horror and Blu-Ray for the wife and kid movies.

crikan
08-11-2009, 04:03 AM
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
A Clockwork Orange
Afro Samurai: Season 1 (Director’s Cut)
Afro Samurai: Resurrection (Special Edition Director’s Cut)
Basic Instinct
Batman Begins
Big Trouble in Little China
Body Heat
Blade Runner (5-Disc Complete Collector’s Edition)
Blazing Saddles
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
Cabin Fever (Unrated Director’s Cut)
Carrie
Casino Royale (Collector’s Edition)
Chaos
Commando
Crank
Crank 2: High Voltage
Days of Thunder
Dawn of the Dead (Unrated Director’s Cut) (2004)
The Dark Knight (Two-Disc Special Edition)
Death Proof
Die Hard Collection
Domino
Doomsday (Unrated)
Enter the Dragon
Face/Off
Family Guy - Something, Something, Something, Dark Side
Fast and the Furious
Fast & Furious
The Final Destination
Freddy vs. Jason
Friday the 13th (Uncut)
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D
Friday the 13th (Killer Cut) (2009)
G-force
Halloween (1978)
Halloween (2 Disc Unrated Collector’s Edition) (2007)
Halloween II (Unrated Director’s Cut) (2009)
Halo Legends
The Haunted World of El Superbeasto
Hell Ride
Hitman (Unrated)
Hollow Man (Director’s Cut)
Into the Blue
The Italian Job
James Bond Blu-ray Collection Three-Pack, Vol.1
James Bond Blu-ray Collection Three-Pack, Vol.2
James Bond Blu-ray Collection Three-Pack, Vol.3
Jennifer's Body (Unrated)
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The Last Starfighter
Licence to Kill
Lucky # Slevin
Masters of Horror Volume I
Masters of Horror Volume II
Masters of Horror Volume IV
The Matrix
Mission Impossible 2
My Bloddy Valentine (Special Edition)
My Bloody Valentine 3D
The New York Ripper
Night of the Creeps (Director’s Cut)
Planet Terror
Point Break
Powder Blue
Predator
Predator 2
Quantum of Solace
Read Heat
Requiem for a Dream
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Extinction
Road House
Robocop
RocknRolla
The Rundown
The Running Man
ScrewBalls
Sex and Death 101
Sex Drive (Unrated)
Shaun of the Dead
Shoot ‘em Up
Sin City
Snakes on a Plane
Sorority Row
Species
Starship Troopers
Star Trek (3-Disc Special Edition)
Star Trek: The Original Series: Season 1
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Sukiyaki Western Django
Swordfish
Tango & Cash
The Terminator
Terminator 2 (Skynet Edition)
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machine
Terminator Salvation (Director’s Cut)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
The Thing
Thunderball
Tomb Raider
Total Recall
The Transporter
Transporter 2
Transporter 3
Trick ‘r Treat
Under Siege
Underworld
Underworld Evolution
Wanted
War
The Watchmen: Director’s Cut
Wild Things (Unrated Edition)
Zombie Strippers

othervoice1
08-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Too d$%& many ... lol - I think I have like 67 now if I seperate the movies in my box sets (Dirty Harry and Spiderman sets). I voted for the 11-20 range when this poll first started.

opterasis
08-11-2009, 05:44 AM
I'm around 151 according to the collection feature on blu-ray.com

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=opterasis

springjack
08-11-2009, 05:50 AM
No Blu-Ray for me yet...

All I got is a Ps3 and I don?t want to ruin the drive using BR movies.

I?m still in love with the dvd format.
Maybe when BR costs cheaper...
________
Extreme vaporizer review (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

X-human
08-11-2009, 06:32 AM
All I got is a Ps3 and I don´t want to ruin the drive using BR movies.

...Zah?...

Matt89
08-11-2009, 06:35 AM
...yeah that definitely makes absolutely no sense.

Ruin the drive by playing discs that the drive was DESIGNED to play? Alright.

Maybe if you put the disc upside down, sure.

~Matt

Grim
08-11-2009, 07:11 AM
No Blu-Ray for me yet...

All I got is a Ps3 and I don´t want to ruin the drive using BR movies.

I´m still in love with the dvd format.
Maybe when BR costs cheaper...

I've been using my PS3 for over two years as a blu-ray player and works as good as it did the day I bought it, that goes for both games and movies. Whoever told you that was full of it.

Severn
08-14-2009, 09:02 PM
I've just now started but I've got nine discs at the moment. I bought TCM, Halloween, Hellraiser and Dog Soldiers for 12.99 each at Best Buy last weekend (both TCM and Halloween were the original ones).

Good haul if I may say so myself.

Harry Warden
08-14-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm upto 8 Blu-Ray discs:

The Shining
American Psycho-unrated
Halloween (1978)
Halloween - unrated Zombie 2 disc set
30 Days of Night
Children of the Corn
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
28 Days Later

f.ramses
08-14-2009, 10:57 PM
#15 is on the way, Night of the Living Dead. The review I read looked promising and I'm really looking forward to seeing this one in hi-def! I really want Let the Right One In but the stores never have the one with theatrical subs and I'm afraid I'll get the wrong one if I order online, I'm tempted to just get the UK release but I've read the US release has slightly better audio (not that I'd notice but once you're told that...) so I might wait on that one. On the other hand, I kind of don't want to give my money to a company that does something like that. I mean it shows a total lack of sense on their part and, despite the correction, they won't exchange the ones that are already out there which is kind of a slap in the face to the consumer. What to do, what to do...

Harry Warden
08-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Just picked up The Mist on Blu-Ray.

ekent
08-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I have around 30 and I am pretty much tapped out. I'll get all new films that I like on BR, but as for old catalog titles, there aren't too many that I anticipate that I don't already own.

geeare
08-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Last I checked I had well over 100 but might even be 200 by now, not sure on the count tho.

thrashard76
08-25-2009, 08:04 AM
I have 4 Bluray disks:

Step Brothers (came free w/ PS3 purchase)
Casino Royale (came free w/ PS3 purchase)
My Bloody Valentine (remake)
Friday The 13th (remake)

bigdaddyhorse
08-28-2009, 06:29 PM
I'll join now that I have hit 5.

28 Days Later (cheap at BB last week)
Then yesterday I took advantage of a buy 3 get a 4th free used sale at Fye. The booty:

Hostel 2
The Ruins
National Treasure 2
Hitman

Averaged to $8 a disc after 10% off for trying the reward program. I wanted to grab that Godfather set, but it was $50 used and had a ripped up slipcover, then my girl on the phone said it was $50 new online, so fuck all that.

Katatonia
08-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I wanted to grab that Godfather set, but it was $50 used and had a ripped up slipcover, then my girl on the phone said it was $50 new online, so fuck all that.

I'd wait until around Christmas. I grabbed it last December for under $40 new.

The Chaostar
08-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Twenty!....

Vlachio
08-31-2009, 09:20 AM
I have 21+ now wish I could change my original vote.

AndiOne
08-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Just past the 100 mark..

horrorcjmm
09-04-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm at 226

Harry Warden
09-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Now at lucky 13.

norliss
09-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I've just emerged from a 5 month self-imposed disc buying embargo so despite having a player since January, I only currently own 10 Blu-ray discs which (from a horror perspective) include:

The Bird With the Crystal Plumage
Dead & Buried
Bram Stoker's Dracula
El Orfanato (The Orphanage)

I've been a lot more cautious with blu-ray purchases than I used to be with DVD. That said I do have "Plague Town" and "The Shining" en route to me and am looking lustily at other released and forthcoming titles!

It's me, Billy
03-19-2010, 02:02 AM
Updated

Blu-ray Discs: 51

1.) 27 Dresses
2.) Adventureland
3.) Baby Mama
4.) Black Christmas (1974) (2008 Canadian Anchor Bay release)
5.) Black Christmas (2006) (2008 Canadian release)
6.) The Brave One
7.) Bride Wars
8.) Can't Hardly Wait
9.) Chasing Amy
10.) Children of the Corn
11.) Coyote Ugly
12.) Cruel Intentions
13.) Dirty Harry
14.) Eyes Wide Shut
15.) Final Destination 4
16.) Friday the 13th (1980)
17.) Friday the 13th, Part III
18.) Friday the 13th (2009)
19.) Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
20.) The Grudge
21.) Halloween (1978)
22.) Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers / Halloween 7: Twenty Years Later (H20) / Halloween 8: Resurrection - (Triple Feature)
23.) Halloween (2007)
24.) Heathers
25.) The House Bunny
26.) I Know What You Did Last Summer
27.) I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
28.) I Know Who Killed Me
29.) I Love You, Beth Cooper
30.) Jennifer's Body
31.) Labor Pains
32.) Mamma Mia
33.) Mean Girls
34.) The Mist
35.) My Bloody Valentine (1981)
36.) My Bloody Valentine (2009)
37.) The New York Ripper
38.) Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
39.) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) (2008 Canadian release)
40.) Over California (one of those Travel Channel-type shows focusing on the beauty of California)
41.) Prom Night (2008)
42.) The Shining (1980)
43.) The Simpsons Movie
44.) Sorority Row
45.) The Strangers
46.) The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
47.) The Toolbox Murders (1978)
48.) Twilight (Two Disc Deluxe Edition, Target Exclusive)
49.) Vacancy
50.) Whip It
51.) Wild Things

1.) The Big Lebowski
2.) Black Christmas (2006)
3.) Cat People (1982)
4.) Dazed and Confused
5.) Deliverance
6.) Eyes Wide Shut
7.) The Hitcher (2007)
8.) Mallrats
9.) The Shining (1980)
10.) The Thing (1982)
11.) Tremors

Dobby
03-19-2010, 09:59 AM
I have 33 Blu Ray's in my collection. Ironic that I have 1000+ DVD's lol!

Update recounted them I have 41 to be exact.

Kolpitz
03-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm almost at 300 ... 292, to be exact.

SaxCatz
03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
I have over 150 Blu-Rays at this point-
At last count on January 10, 2010, I owned 123 Blu-Rays and I have purchased about 30 in the past two months.
My collection has been growing faster recently, but it had been slow to develope for quite awhile. I was an fairly-early adopter as I purchased a PS3 primarily for use as a Blu-Ray player less than 1 month after launch having not been willing to shell out $1,000 for a first-generation STB with few titles available (ironic now that I exclusively use STBs to view DVD/Blu-Ray rather than the hot/noisy PS3). However, I owned well-over 1,000 DVDs (I estimate 1,600 at this time if you include TV-on-DVD as well) and have only been inclined to double-dip on my favorite films. For instance, my only Horror double-dips so far are Halloween, The Shining (made for Blu-Ray with all of those great, W I D E shots of the Overlook!), Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead and Nightmare on Elm Street on pre-order (I know I am forgetting 1, maybe 2, but seriously, there have been that few.) As Blu-Ray prices drop and more interesting material is becoming available, I am purchasing more great titles that I missed out on DVD (My Bloody Valentine and Bird With the Crystal Plummage for example) and am becoming more inclined to double-dip on some more of my favorite films... let's face it, a $10 double-dip is much easier to justify than $25... and as such, my collection is growing much faster. I bet that many other posters share similar buying "curves" so to speak. :)

bigdaddyhorse
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Think I just hit 60, it's a sickness really. Almost every trip to a store I'm upgrading something or buying something I shouldn't because it's "cheap and blu"! I couldn't resist picking up Postal from the closing Hollywood Video yesterday, only $5.98 for the BD!

crikan
03-25-2010, 05:25 PM
^ I'm at 124 right now. While I was a fairly early adopter I've done the bulk my BD disc purchasing in the past 12 months. I told myself I would only double-dip on the best-of-the-best, but I haven't been able to resist with many catalog titles going on sale for less than $10. I also find that I'm blind buying a lot of BDs for under $10 as well.

Sam
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
About 75. I just haven't run out and compulsively collected them like I used to with DVDs and LDs *. Movies like the upcoming Alien Quadrilogy are "no brainers" that I'll double dip but the vast majority of stuff out there I just don't need to own yet again unless I'll watch it often or unique bonus features are added. New movies that I enjoy are a little easier since I can just skip dvd all together and go blu.

* If sales like Monster Squad for $8 become the norm, I may start to pick these up at rapid pace like I was doing with $3 Big Lots dvds.

NaturesMistake
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I have like forty-something. I basically only re bought films I already owned as I only have one blu player and you can't rip a blue as easily as ripping a dvd for .mp4 purposes. (I consider my dvds and digital downloads the bread and butter of my film collection, LD, BLU and VHS are formats I play around with although my vhs collection rivals my dvd one).

Some films I don't think look that much better, but I must say Nightmare on Elm Street looks amazing on blu.

X-human
03-25-2010, 07:18 PM
227 plus 19 D-VHS tapes.

I've been cutting back though. Really need to justify these purchases now. Can't buy just because it's cheap either. When HD was young it was enough that a movie be genre to purchase, but now I've got to be discerning.

Hellbilly
03-25-2010, 07:32 PM
80 since last year September. That's 13 per month. The quality continues to wow me like day one, and because of that its really hard for me to cut back.
From my 80 discs 38 are upgraded from DVDs.

Katatonia
03-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Currently at around 285 Blu-rays owned.

deepred
01-18-2013, 10:07 PM
I just got the $98 blu-ray player at walmart :D but I've been picking up blu-rays for a while.

I now own:

Coraline
Dark Water
Day of the Dead
Halloween
Pan's Labyrinth
The Shining
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Was going through old posts and found this one. I now have 107 blu-rays! :banana:

Drinkinstein
01-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Ok you guys ready for this?

1050. One thousand-fifty blu-rays. And counting.

deepred
01-18-2013, 11:33 PM
ok you guys ready for this?

1050. One thousand-fifty blu-rays. And counting.

wowza!

Anthropophagus
01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
23, just started with Blu-Ray in October.

maniac666
01-18-2013, 11:44 PM
125 by now.Slowly but surely!:D

Drinkinstein
01-18-2013, 11:50 PM
wowza!

Yeah, I've got a problem! :p The terrible thing is I have even more DVDs!

startide
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Maybe 20. Maybe less. Did the VHS collecting thing. Wasn't doing it with DVD, still not sure on blu. I do have one exception of course (my Prom Night collection), but otherwise, I'm fairly conservative in my buying these days. (I fear if I open up the wallet, the floodgates will open and I've got a whole lot of regrettable crap again.)

russweiss
01-19-2013, 12:02 AM
I've got just over 500 blu-rays and nearly 2000 DVDs.

startide
01-19-2013, 12:02 AM

Do you regret these?

I remember my brother wanted some new gaming system in the 90s (3DO, IIRC), when there were so many that came and went in that era, and it failed too. Like my research on zip drives. Looking back, I'm glad I never took the plunge. I'm sure my brother is too.

Jack Grendel
01-19-2013, 12:43 AM
I have 1192 blus in total in which 348 are Horror and 4570 dvds

Katatonia
01-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Since my last post in this thread, I now have about 990

dickieduvet
01-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Currently about 1300.

Had my 1st player in 2007, Have something new pretty much every week :cool:

Ash28M
01-19-2013, 05:39 AM
I'm up to 150 blu's and 1136 DVDs. I try to stick to buying only horror film with the odd exception. That way I keep the collection somewhat manageable.

maybrick
01-19-2013, 05:44 AM
Those numbers are absolutely nuts, IMO. I did the collector thing with DVD but even then over more than a decade I maxed out at probably 1200 at most. With blu ray I'm trying my best to only stick with films that I absolutely know that I'll want to watch several times and keep blind buys down to the point where there's no other alternative.

I have 82 releases on blu ray, and that counts all TV season sets and other assorted box sets as "1".

Myron Breck
01-19-2013, 05:45 AM
I felt like I was the last one on the bandwagon. Now I have 282 discs.

msw7
01-19-2013, 07:42 AM
I've only just started with blu-ray this past summer, but so far I've got about 40 (holy shit, I need to stop buying stuff!).

I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I have started to trade in some DVDs so I can upgrade to blu-ray. The only good thing is that my DVD collection is shrinking faster than my blu-ray collection is growing. But still, 4k better be a long time in development so I won't have to do this again too soon :eek2:

(I'm down to about 700 or 750 DVDs or so)

edit: just did a quick count because I'm bored:
32 blu-rays, plus 5 box sets (some TV series, some multi-movie sets)
525 DVDs, plus 43 box sets (some TV series, some multi-movie sets)

Ash28M
01-19-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm trying my best to only stick with films that I absolutely know that I'll want to watch several times and keep blind buys down to the point where there's no other alternative.

Who you kidding? we all know that's a futile effort:)

Stige
01-19-2013, 04:58 PM
513 s of now

christ I promised myself I wouldn't upgrade everything but the blu covers of movies I own multiple copies of call out to me every time I pass them

allmessedup
01-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Very few, still kind of saving it for "classics," although I did get that 42nd Street Forever Blu Ray collection that came out last year just because it had some additional stuff along with the ones from previous releases. I have DAWN OF THE DEAD, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, and INTRUDER [only one I bought that wasn't a movie I already had before] and the one trailer compilation.

My movie purchasing is still way down in general.

maybrick
01-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Who you kidding? we all know that's a futile effort:)

Haha, yeah possibly. I've done pretty good so far for the most part, though (could probably have done without The Incredible Hulk starring Ed Norton).

gyhorrorfan07
01-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Currently 110.

bruce h
01-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Around 650 blus, and 5000 or so DVDs. Sold off most of my VHS years back, but still have around 1000.

horror addict
01-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Over 700 Blu-Ray Discs, About 200 DVDs. I've upgraded the entirety of my DVD collection that has been released to high-def disc, the only reason I still have DVDs is for movies that haven't made it to BD yet, or for TV shows that will most likely never receive an HD upgrade.

X-human
01-20-2013, 12:32 AM
434 Blu-rays.

I've been reducing my purchases recently and I've just about been halving my acquisitions each year. What's really helped me slow down was just the plethora of mediocre discs that get a massive remastering the following year by another distributor. I keep a very short list now of discs to come back to down the road that I can still purchase if they still hold up as high quality. Anything less then that I'm not bothering on Blu-ray.

CPT HOOK
01-20-2013, 12:58 AM
According to blu-ray.com, I have 813. Which is way too many. I don't even want to think about how many DVDs I own.

According to their "stats" feature, 254 of those are horror films.

kimboslice
01-20-2013, 05:29 AM

Kolpitz
01-20-2013, 06:03 AM
861 and continuing to rise...

spawningblue
01-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Wow I had a huge increase since this poll, I now own 867 Blurays (26 of them are 3D Blurays) and 1163 DVDs.

crikan
01-21-2013, 10:13 PM
346 BDs

My BD is way down. Last year I bought just as many VHS as BD. I'm still buying a lot of DVD.

Risky1975
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
I own about 1,021 Blu-Ray's & about little over 2,000 dvd's...im a crazy collecter.. i got about 11,000 Cd's & over 18,000 Record's (12" & Lp's) but to be fair i am a Professional DJ ... that is my career .. so i can justify my insane collection in music ..but movies.. im just Nuts LOL