PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Bay, Where Art Thou?

Reverenddave
06-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Anchor Bay was once the horror fan's best friend. And their first wave of HD titles included some of the greatest horror movies ever made. But since then, virtually nothing. A lousy handful of crappy direct-to-video Blu-Rays.

Where's MOH Season 2? No HD for Heather's 20th Anniversary? And what about the Argento films that just got rereleased?

What's up Anchor Bay? Get off your ass and release some more HD horror!

Vlachio
06-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Anchor Bay was once the horror fan's best friend. And their first wave of HD titles included some of the greatest horror movies ever made. But since then, virtually nothing. A lousy handful of crappy direct-to-video Blu-Rays.

Where's MOH Season 2? No HD for Heather's 20th Anniversary? And what about the Argento films that just got rereleased?

What's up Anchor Bay? Get off your ass and release some more HD horror!

Well sense Anchor bay lost William (Bill) Lustig they shit the pot. On top of that the people who were running Anchor Bay sold the company to STARS. That's what I have read on and off on here. To me Anchor Bay doesn't exist anymore. Lusting had/has the blue underground dvd company going. I don't know how much longer they will be around. Then we had no shame USA and they shit the bed. This hole Blu-Ray thing is making me twitch. I can't even began to ask myself when will any of the Italian Giallos make it to the format. I think the standard DVD will eventually die but not without a fight. I'm too convinced that eventually Blu-Ray will be nothing but big shot shallow ass Hollywood movies mostly.

Thoughts??

The Chaostar
06-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Blu Ray will prevail when the majority of people have home theatres or huge television screens (on standard tvs, the difference is hardly there - if there is any at all). So DVD - I think - will not die. I bought some BR myself, of course, but I'm really gonna sit and wait for a proper, cheap, region-free, informer-free player...

dwatts
06-17-2008, 04:55 AM
Lustig did go - it's true. But the real issue was when the owner/founder Moe died suddenly a couple years ago, which led eventually to that Starz deal. Then they decided to close the ABUK forums because the people on there no longer fit the customer profile they were after (they were mostly horror fans).

They still have a decent catalog, but I doubt they'll ever be a big genre player again.

X-human
06-17-2008, 05:15 AM
When Anchor Bay stops DNR'ing their movies all the way to hell and back I'll start looking forward to their releases on Blu-ray.

fceurich39
06-17-2008, 04:26 PM
i hope they release dawn of the dead ultimate edition on blu ray but i am losing faith in anchor bay anymore it seems like all they release any more is crappy dtv movies and comedies