PDA

View Full Version : 'Kill Bill' Coming to Blu-ray this September

othervoice1
06-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Finally!!!!!!!!!!! But why not the Whole Bloody Affair????

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Disney/Disc_Announcements/Kill_Bill_Coming_to_Blu-ray_this_September/1829

Franco
06-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Damn! The idea is both volumes as a single movie. Again both volumes separated. :mad:

X-human
06-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Because Weinsteins own TWBA and Disney just owns Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.

MSRP is a bit high, so either they're screwing us over or there will be a little bit extra to these.

KamuiX
06-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Eh, wake me when The Whole Bloody Affair sees the light of day :)

Grim
06-18-2008, 01:47 AM
This pisses me off, but I'll probably be too weak to resist and buy them anyway. The Weinsteins need to get off their fat asses and jump on the HD bandwagon. Ever since HD-DVD died they just kind of vanished from the HD scene.

fceurich39
06-18-2008, 04:36 AM
so i guess when both grindhouse movies are announced for blu ray it won't be the 6 disc set just the two unrated/extended dvds that is already out i presume

othervoice1
09-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Good info/review for the Kill Bill 1&2 Blu Ray releases
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/293/killbillvol1.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/294/killbillvol2.html

Grim
09-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah I have them both and the picture and sound quality is great. Nothing worth noting in terms of extras but I could care less about them these days. If you've got a blu-ray player and like Kill Bill, pick these up, you can get them together for $39.95 on amazon.

The reviewer brings up a good point. Both halves are so different that it begs the question; would both films put together really be a good thing? I mean I'd love to have an uncensored Vol. 1, but I'm really starting to question the benefits of them being together.

DeathDealer
09-17-2008, 03:05 AM
They were intended for one journey. I think together they would balance out the film very well. Some critized the 1st film for having no real plot, yet others critized the 2nd film for being to slow. Together they silence those problems.

Grim
09-17-2008, 04:52 AM
They were intended for one journey. I think together they would balance out the film very well. Some criticized the 1st film for having no real plot, yet others critized the 2nd film for being to slow. Together they silence those problems.

I disagree. If they were put together, you'd have a complete shift in tone and pace midway through. It would be very off-putting. Regardless of what was originally intended, I think this is one bit of studio intervention that actually helped, minus the aforementioned cuts to Vol. 1, which would have occurred even if the film was as one whole piece.

DeathDealer
09-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Everyone who has seen the BLOODY AFFAIR, from various festival circuits, claim it is the final say in the epic journey. I mean Volume 1 is not wall-to-wall action and Volume 2 is not wall-to-wall story. They overall journey has its exciting and slow parts throughout, from beginning to end.

geeare
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I've been waiting for the bloody affair for far too long. to hell with it, I am getting these. Unfortunately for us Canadians it isn't released until oct. 21.

Grim
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Everyone who has seen the BLOODY AFFAIR, from various festival circuits, claim it is the final say in the epic journey. I mean Volume 1 is not wall-to-wall action and Volume 2 is not wall-to-wall story. They overall journey has its exciting and slow parts throughout, from beginning to end.

Well, regardless of what "everyone" has said, which I tried to do a search and find these claims you speak of and I turned up nothing, all anyone has to do is watch each volume consecutively and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me that they're far too different from each other. Shit, I remember seeing Volume 2 in theaters and being a bit shocked at first at how different Vol. 2 was than Vol. 1, but it quickly subsided as I realized how awesome it was.

EDIT: Found this from some Quentin Tarantino website. Says it premiered at Cannes once. It lists the the difference in the Whole Blood Affair.

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/The_Whole_Bloody_Affair

All I hope is that when this really does come out, that they do something similar to Sin City; that is they have the single cut, as well as the two separate cuts. Who knows, maybe it is better, but I'll have to see it before I pass that judgment.