PDA

View Full Version : Bond Box Set 10/21

X-human
06-19-2008, 09:03 PM
MGM has announced its first batch of Bonds for 10/21. 'Dr. No,' 'From Russia with Love,' 'Thunderball,' 'Live and Let Die,' 'For Your Eyes Only,' and 'Die Another Day.'

each of the six titles will receive a frame-by-frame digital restoration courtesy of Lowry Digital Images (the same company behind the recent well-received remasters of 'Star Wars' and 'Indiana Jones'), as well as a bevy of still-unnamed supplemental features.http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Fox/MGM/Disc_Announcements/Six_Classic_Bond_Titles_To_Hit_Blu-ray_this_October/1836

I'm hoping for individual releases too, as I think I'll stick with Connery for now.

baggio
06-20-2008, 02:54 PM
"each of the six titles will receive a frame-by-frame digital restoration courtesy of Lowry Digital Images (the same company behind the recent well-received remasters of 'Star Wars' and 'Indiana Jones'), as well as a bevy of still-unnamed supplemental features."

Thats funny, thats the exact same thing they said when they released the Bond series with the Ultimate editions. Exactly.

So 2 1/2 years to restore the "standard" dvds, and now these in Blu-Ray.

I'm sure they will look very different, and not in the good film like way.

Grim
06-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm hoping for individual releases too, as I think I'll stick with Connery for now.

I don't think this is going to be a box set. At least they didn't mention that in the announcement.

X-human
07-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Yep they're individual releases as well being boxed up as follows:
Dr. No, Die Another Day and Live and Let Die
For Your Eyes Only, From Russia with Love and Thunderball

Which bites as I was only going to pick up the Connery's for now, maybe the rest when they're cheaper. So I won't be able to get the slight discount afforded me by the boxsets. Can't say I'm surprised though, they always mix and match to try and force consumer's to buy what normally they're lackluster about.